Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive been on accutane for 8 days now and im taking 40 mg one day and 80 mg second day and switching each day .

but now i have been breaking out badly for 5 , 6 days and i have atleasy 40 little to big pimples . and now my skin is itching really bad at some points i couldnt even sleep all night . i dont know what to do , what do u guys think???

Make sure you're moisturizing your face in the morning and at night first of all - your skin is itching ebcause its drying out. And make sure you're using a gentle cleanser morning and night - like Cetaphil Cleanser. The breaking out is GOING to happen, and really there isn't anything you can do about it right now. I would suggest calling your Derm or making an appoint if your skin is breaking out that badly - and try to get some Prendisone to reduce swelling (which will reduce itching a bit), and possibly an antibiotic to help ease the breakout. It okay, we all go through it, or most of us anyways, some worse than others. My skin did the same thing and now im just finished with month 3 and my skin is close to flawless. I have NO zits, pimples, active spots on my face right now... the same will happen for you.... just give it time. Good luck!

This past week, I've started with itching and dry skin (which I've never had in my life). I switched my face cleanser, body cleanser and face and body moisturizers to Aveeno - no more redness, no more itching. My derm told me to do that if I started experiencing those symptoms.

The other poster is right - the breakouts will happen.