Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Just an updated version of the toner,

After experimenting with this toner for a while now, i have found that the best batch is just with a small amount of vitamin C because otherwise it dont dissolve and it is left on the bottom so Firstly:

What you need...

1 Cup normal tap water or some bottled water

4 tsp of fresh green tea leaves or 1 - 2 tea bags

1 Vitamin C tablet, i use 500mg - 1000mg (optional)

What do i need to do...

* Boil some water and make an infusion with the leaves or 1 - 2 tea bags (green tea).

I personally cut open the tea bags and pour in the leaves.

*(optional) Add 1 crushed Vitamin C tablet to the hot green tea, make sure that the vitamin C is a powder before adding it.

* Stir periodically for 10 - 20 minutes.

* Strain with a sieve if you cut open the tea bags or had loose leaves. Let the liquid cool before pouring it into a sterilized bottle.

* Apply to the face with a cotton pad or with a spray bottle.

How should i use it...

*First, have a wash like normal with your cleanser.

*Wait 5 mins for face to dry.

*Apply toner with a spray bottle or with cotton wool.

*Apply your acne medication if this applys to you.

*Finally, apply your moisturizer.

With this toner it is your choice if you want to add any vitamins to it as the green tea allready has natural vitamins and minerals in it:

-Vitamins: Caroten (precursor to Vit. A), B (B1, B2, B6, Niacin, Folic acid and Pantothenic acid etc.), C (Ascorbic acid)

-Minerals: rich of Manganese (Mn) and Potassium (K);

Thats it! smile.gif Give it time to get to work and see the difference yourself.

Good luck with it everyone,

Tom wink.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

Green Tea Extract - Green Tea Leaf Extract Health Benefits

Green Tea Extract - What is it?

Green tea has long been used by the Chinese as medicine to treat headaches, body ache, poor digestion, and improve well-being and life expectancy. Green tea extract is bioflavonoid rich, and one of its main uses is fighting free radicals in your body. Green tea extract contains high level of polyphenols (a bioflavonoid), and it's also a rich source of EGCG (an antioxidant), that's over 200 times more potent than vitamin E in fighting free radicals and pro-oxidants.

The EGCG in green tea extract protects against digestive and respiratory infections, blocks the actions of carcinogens which promotes cancer, is anti-bacterial, and also helps lower cholesterol levels.

Green tea extract is also a common ingredient in many fat burners - it helps with thermogenesis and helps the metabolism of fat. It works without increasing the heart rate which is most often associated with most fat burners. With green tea, dieters get the weight loss without the jitters and side effects. Green tea extract itself is used as a weight loss supplement among its many other beneficial uses. Green tea extract also helps reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, and has been recently show to help prevent liver failure.

Some Green Tea Leaf Extract Studies

Green Tea Study 1: In a study conducted by the University of North Carolina, Zhi Zhong and colleagues studied the free radical scavenging effects of green tea leaf extract on problems associated with fatty livers. The study involved drunk rats that went through "binge drinking" and then put to sleep with their livers removed. Some of these livers were bathed in a green tea extract solution.

These livers were then transplanted into rats with unhealthy livers. The study found that only 13% of the rats that received livers untreated with green tea survived, while 77% that had received a liver treated with green tea extract had survived.

Green Tea Study 2: In a research studying the effects of green tea on treating acne, researcher Gan Wong et al. (Memorial Medical Center in the Philippines) compared the effects of 3% green tea cream and 4% benzoyl peroxide on moderate to severe acne.

108 subjects were randomized into 2 treatment groups: 1) benzoyl peroxide cream and 2) green tea extract cream, and the creams were applied twice daily for 12 weeks for the 2 groups. The study found the green tea cream to lighten patient's skin color and improve overall skin complexion. The study also suggests that green tea extract cream causes fewer side effects than benzoyl peroxide, and the green tea group reported fewer cases of dry skin, itching, and allergic responses.

Green Tea Extract Benefits

There are many health benefits of green tea extract, below is a quick list highlighting some of them:

* Green tea leaf extract contains EGCG, a powerful antioxidant 200 times more potent than vitamin E

* Its rich in bioflavonoid, and protects against digestive and respiratory infections

* It has thermogenic effects that aids in weight loss without causing jitters or other unwanted side effects

* Green tea extract helps decrease hormone activity and is an effective treatment for acne

* Green tea leaf is anti bacterial, helps lower cholesterol, reduces inflammation, and lowers blood pressure

* It also help prevent some forms of cancer including colon, pancreatic, and stomach cancer

* Green tea extract stimulates the immune system, and also helps defend against dental plaque

* Green tea extract also protects against liver damage

* Some new research suggests green tea may help prevent liver transplant failure in patients.

Some more:

What are the health benefits of green tea and black, pu'er, white, woolong, jasmine tea for You?

You will find all the health benefits of green tea and other tea here and drinking tea may change your whole life to a healthy new you! The health benefits of green tea and other tea come from the Nutritional Components of Tea.

A cup of tea contains 7 Nutritional Contents as following:

1. Polyphenols: cause the taste of tea. These substances play the First important part of Antioxidants in the benefits of tea as Phytochemicals. The most important components in Polyphenols family are Catechins which include EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) and EGC (epigallocatechin) and have strong effects for many "Anti" functions such as anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-oxidant, anti-hypertensive, anti-cholesterolemic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-cariogenic etc. The most Catechins are in Green tea but also in other teas;

2. Flavonoids: cause the color of tea. These are second in importance as health benefits in tea as Plant Pigment. The most important are Flavonols, Theaflavis and Thearubigens which have effects against infection and maintaining capillary walls in human circulatory system. Flavonoids are most found in Black tea but are also in other teas;

Any questions about "Tannin"? This is an old and confused term for tea. Click here.

3. Theanine: has the third importance for health benefits of tea inasmuch as it is an amino acid which has tranquilizing effect on the brain for anti-stress;

4. Vitamins: Caroten (precursor to Vit. A), B (B1, B2, B6, Niacin, Folic acid and Pantothenic acid etc.), C (Ascorbic acid);

5. Minerals: rich of Manganese (Mn) and Potassium (K);

6. Water;

Posted

cool thanks tom! ill be off 2 holland and barrett tomorrow then! for my green tea he he

Posted

whats a better toner green tea or vinegar

Posted
whats a better toner green tea or vinegar

Posted

I'm definately going to use a green tea toner as soon as I can get to the store, because I really like the thought of clearing my skin with something natural like tea.

However, I can go to Walmart and get the Dove Toner for only $3 and it contains green tea and several vitamins.

I can't decide if the homemade toner is worth the preparation in order to save a buck.

Never the less, thanks for the post because now I know about a substance that seems like it would work wonders on my skin.

Posted

This regimen sounds so easy so i'll give it a try. has anyone experienced progress(fading of red marks) with this?

Posted
I'm definately going to use a green tea toner as soon as I can get to the store, because I really like the thought of clearing my skin with something natural like tea.

However, I can go to Walmart and get the Dove Toner for only $3 and it contains green tea and several vitamins.

I can't decide if the homemade toner is worth the preparation in order to save a buck.

Never the less, thanks for the post because now I know about a substance that seems like it would work wonders on my skin.

Posted

Evanescence: I would definitely make your own toner, and replace it frequently. The polyphenols in green tea degrade and lose their efficacy very quickly unless preserved carefully (often in glycerin). I wouldn't trust the Dove product to be very effective. You will get MUCH more of what you need from the green tea out of a homemade product. Best of luck. berry

ps- you can do some research on this online if you want

Posted

A few questions.

1) Is it okay to refrigerate the Green Tea concoction?

2) Is this safe to incorporate into delna's regimen? Can I use the Baking Soda with ACV before I apply the GTT?

Thanks. smile.gif

Posted
A few questions.

1)  Is it okay to refrigerate the Green Tea concoction?

2)  Is this safe to incorporate into delna's regimen?  Can I use the Baking Soda with ACV before I apply the GTT?

Thanks.  smile.gif

Posted
Evanescence: I would definitely make your own toner, and replace it frequently. The polyphenols in green tea degrade and lose their efficacy very quickly unless preserved carefully (often in glycerin). I wouldn't trust the Dove product to be very effective. You will get MUCH more of what you need from the green tea out of a homemade product. Best of luck. berry

ps- you can do some research on this online if you want

Posted

Okay, so it's been exactly one week since I started with the toner, and I thought I'd give you all an update.

I've seen a great improvement in the health of my skin overall, and considering my acne is concentrated in my chin area, this does make a difference.

My red marks have been reduced about 20-30%, they're nowhere near completely gone yet. I'm sure with time they will.

I haven't had a major breakout since starting the toner, but I have felt several zits form and then disappear without really popping up. The existing active acne I had when I started the toner is healing quickly.

I'm using just the basic one, with green tea and vitamin C. I'll probably stick with it for about a month, and see how it works. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Posted
Wow thanks for that, I think I'll definately make my own now. And thank you too, WindWaker. The fact that making it yourself means there's a higher concentration makes perfect sense. Now for a trip to the supermarket...

Also, what kinds and how much vitamins do you all like to put in this toner?

Posted

in your other thread it says vit. C is important as it lightnes skin tone. So if i don't use vit C in my solution will it not have the same fading action?

Posted

Oh, an also, how long can i keep this toner once its made up? (at room temperature, ie not in a fridge) If it is not very long, i might just make a small quantity with one tea bag. thanks

Posted
in your other thread it says vit. C is important as it lightnes skin tone. So if i don't use vit C in my solution will it not have the same fading action?

Posted

hey windtalker, i was just wondering, wot kinda colour is ur toner??? cos i use the chinese green tea bag that my mum gets, and its really dark. like a darky dirty green. just wondering if it matters wot tea bag u use. it says 100% real green tea on it. but it just seems really really dark. cos the green tea u get in japanese shops r really nice light green colour.

Posted
hey windtalker, i was just wondering, wot kinda colour is ur toner??? cos i use the chinese green tea bag that my mum gets, and its really dark. like a darky dirty green. just wondering if it matters wot tea bag u use. it says 100% real green tea on it. but it just seems really really dark. cos the green tea u get in japanese shops r really nice light green colour.

Posted

mine is a kind of dark brown ad doesnt really look that much green. It has black stuff at the bottom unless i shake it. I think this is because of the saturation curve, and some solute has come out of the solution as the solvent has cooled. Just shake to give enough energy and heat for the excess black stuff to be redissolved by the solution.

Posted

okay. i finally made my first GTT. with the amount u z, 1 cup of water, how long does it last?? i mean like how long can u use it for b4 it goes mouldy or out of date or woteva?? and i was wondering, can u put 2 vit c tablets in???? cos 1 dnt seem like much. With toner, do u just spray it on to the red marks and leave it like that?? i mean so its still wet looking or do u massage it in to the skin?? i really hope this works.

how often can u apply GTT???

Posted

milly it lasts 2 weeks. its says this just a few posts ago eusa_wall.gif

Posted

oh yeh. my bad. so how many times can u apply it?? i use it as a spray. so do i just spray it and then leave it to soak in on its own?? and how about using 2 vit C tablets?? wot does toner actually do?? i thought they were to make pores smaller

Posted
oh yeh. my bad. so how many times can u apply it?? i use it as a spray. so do i just spray it and then leave it to soak in on its own?? and how about using 2 vit C tablets?? wot does toner actually do?? i thought they were to make pores smaller

Posted

OMG!!! ive just used it 4 2 days. and i think im seeing results. dunno if its just my eyes. cos ive neva b4 with ne other products think that i c result so quickly. hopefully my eyes r not decieving me and it continues. OMG!!

Posted

SHOUT OUT TO THE EVANESCENCE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!