Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snwbrdchck02

Sunburns on accutane...

I was just wondering for all of you on accutane how badly you sunburn while on it. I'm fair skinned and suburn pretty easily when i'm not on it, and now that I am on it i've been trying to lie out when it's sunny to get ready for summer and I get pink soooo fast! :oops: (I'm a lifeugard) So I wa sjust wondering what other people's experiences have been. thanks!

Oh dear god, don't be laying out while on accutane. It kinda sux that your a lifeguard too.

How far are you into your treatment??

But as for me, I don't burn super easy, but a few hours in the blazing heat i'll get a burn. Now...winter is just about over and in my first 2 months of my treatment i've been exposed to the sun a few different times and I get a mild burn in 10 to 15 minutes.

And of course it will vary from person to person. But the advice I can give is just to not lay out like you have been and wait until your just about to start work and then start off with some self tanner, then build up to more and more exposure time in the heat.

.....where do you lifeguard at? Maybe i'll come there and act like i'm drowning to have you come and save me. lol

Good luck though during the summer, ack...the heat! by god the heat!!!

-Shawn-

I know that I shouldn't be laying out. No one should. But you don't understand, i'm fair skinned and freckled, and if I don't build up some sort of base i'll fry for weeks with blistering sunburns when I start working...I figure it's better this way...and it's worked for me in the past...I don't get sunburned when I lay out, just pink the night of, then fine the next morning...and for me, that's good, haha.

Oh and I work at a public pool in Kennewick, WA....don't pertend you're drowning...after we "save" you, you'll get banned from the pool....so I don't suggest trying it :cry:)

I responded to the exact same question from someone else a week or so back. I never burn, am olive skinned etc. I went out at noon without sunprotection while I was on accutane a few years back and I fried - badly...I am talking peeling and scabbing....hideous.

Suggest you cake yourself in the highest sunblock you can find...you'll probably still burn a bit though. Good luck.

Well, it'll be worth the banning from the pool. When you pull me out of the water i'll hold my breath and act like i'm dead so you'll have to provide artificial ventilations to me...like mouth to mouth. lmao

On a more serious note, wait...I was serious before. Anyways, how's accutane worked for you so far kellee? I'm 2 months and 1 week into my treatment with it.

You be your own judge if your gonna be laying out. You'll know if conditions get too severe. But yeah, like frances said.....use a really high sunblock. In fact, i'm coming out with my own line of sunblock which doesn't compare to these other spf of 50 and what not. Our max is spf 2,000. You put this on and stay out in the sun all day every day and your skin won't tell a difference from inside to outside. And we also have added moisturizing agents and vitamins in each of our lotions to give you the skin just like a baby. -lates

-Shawn-

I like my results on accutane so far, Tranzownz...I had mild acne before that was getting better with antibiotics, but then I came home from college and went a diff derm and he put me on accutane cuase he was worried about potential scarring. The initial break out sucked majorly...and I had a 2nd "initial" break out when last month they upped me to twice a day instead of once. But I will say that I get better everyday...right now I have no new breakouts of any sort and my scars and others are going away quit nicly. The chapped lips and dry eyes (I have contacts) kinda suck though...but it's all worth it if I come out look muy bonita (very pretty for non spanish speakers :cry: ) aftewards!