Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, wow, this is my first time on this thing and I keep thinking of new things to write!! I live in England so not sure if you can get Evening Primrose Oil capsules in the States or not, but I was told to take them for other problems I have... and they are meant to make your hormones right (often the cause of acne) AND to clear your skin. So far so good! :wink:

Hi yo,

How long have you been taking them? I read the same thing and heard evening primrose oil is very good for women who experience PMS and related breakouts...so I've been thinking of trying it myself because my acne definitely seems to get worse at certain times.

Wow, that was a girlie email, Bahopheta! :D

Thanks for your replies... Gypsy- I was put on them about 3 months ago to help straighten my hormones out for other reasons... but I have been taking them on and off since then. My skin is looking clearer at the moment but then I am doing the BP thing, Alpha Hydroxy thing and the Evening Primrose thing... daren't stop any of those things in case my acne comes back! So who knows what is working?! But I am going to keep taking them as they are meant to be good for you.

Bahopheta... thanks for your thoughts on it and good to see they do work. Sounds like you have had a rough deal... it's tough being a woman! I am actually waiting to see right now whether my PMS is going to produce acne or not, if it doesn't that will be the first time ever in years! :D Here's hoping!

how much evening primrose oil are people taking?

I bought some half price from holland and barrett (UK) they are 1000mg (90mg GLA) each. It says to take 1-3 daily. I was thinking of taking 2 per day, one with breakfast and one with dinner. Is this enough to make a difference?

Or should I just take them at key times of the month?