Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yo

Foundation query!

Hey! Have been on this regimen for a couple of months now so my skin is pretty used to the BP and also Alpha Hydroxy moisturiser... but i have been looking for a good foundation. Got one today that is by Neutrogena, is oil free, and meant to help clear your skin but it has that sylici... (whatever)acid in it. Not a lot, but some... is that ok to use do you think, considering I am using BP?! It's not like that's ALL it is, and sure it's just a small amount... Would appreciate opinions! THANKS! :cry:

Hey, you might have a little better luck posting this under the "makeup help" forum... A lot of those girls have tried virtually everything and can really give you some good advice! I've never tried Neutrogena foundation, simply because it does have salicylic acid in it. I personally wouldn't chance it! I haven't had any good experiences with SA products, but I can't speak from experience as far as foundation. I've never tried it in makeup before. I will tell you that the best foundation I have found for me is Maybelline Ever Fresh. It feels really light, and does stay on all day. But I do still have to use concealer sometimes, as it is only medium coverage. Try the makeup forum!!!

Good luck!

Angela

Thanks AngelaJo,

I will do that... post it under the makeup thing! I am new at this and didn't even notice it! Thanks for your thoughts though.

Yo :cry:

I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin cream powder makeup. i think its better than a foundation because you put in on with a sponge. i know i personally couldnt use makeup that had salicic acid in it because it would dry my skin even more along with the BP i use. The one i use make your skin look good and it doesnt dry it out. Hope this helps!

I use Clinique Superfit foundation and Neutrogena powder. I like clinique superfit because it holds up well in both high humidity and the punishing wind and cold of New Hampshire. Clinique foundation is only $17.50 which isn't too much more than Neutrogena, and I like that I can get a really specific shade. It seems like whenever I bought foundation in a drug-store the shade was never quite right.

Hi,

I believe it is a bad idea to mix BP and Salicylic acid together. They are both pretty strong and will dry out your skin. I have tried Clinique Superfit also, but the coverage is not enough for me, even though it is a good product. I switched to Prescriptives and that is great. It lasts all day and the bottle lasts forever if you use their foundation brush with it. Also, MAC has a good foundation with SPF 15. I stopped buying foundation from drug stores because the colors are never right and who knows who have put their fingers in there or have opened it letting in air and bacteria. For me I end up saving more money buying foundation in a department store where an expert will color match for you, rather than play the guessing game yourself. Other stuff like eyeshadow, mascara, drugs stores are a good (cheap) way to go.

Hi bernie

:D

I've never tried physicians but it sounds good, I would like more coverage sometimes too. Is it a liquid? I only ask because you said it comes with a foundation brush.... sounds kinda fun actually.

By the way, your signature rocks!

I use Jane Iredale mineral makeup and I really like it. It covers well, but looks and feels natural. It's also not harmful to your skin like some other foundations can be.

hey bernie06~

i was wonderin what was the full name of the perscriptives foundation you use??? thanks it would be a lot of help

~Samantha

Hi,

I use Prescriptives Virtual Skin Foundation which gives sheer to medium coverage. You can build on this though. Also they have medium to full coverage foundations, I have tried their Luxe and it covers good. The foundation brush does not come with it.

Also, just to clarify: Prescriptives is not Physician's Formula. They are different brands and before I started using Prescriptives I use to think they were the same myself.