Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leeb

should i tell my derm to go F*%K himself ?

a few weeks ago i agreed to try roaccutane, i had no knowlege of what the drug was. He told me that in 4 months i would have clear skin and the only side affects would be dry skin and lips. iv been browsing this forum and im hearing about nose bleeds, loss of hair, joint problems and scaring. I dont really get scars these days from any spots that i have so id be gutted if i got scars from using roaccutane.

It seems pretty 50/50 bout whether people liked what roaccutane has done for them so im scared bout using it. i only have mild acne and most of my skin is just red now no acne but it was like this when he perscribed me the drug.

I dont know what to do. i dont want to miss out on this "miricle cure" but i also dont want to look back next year and think what have i done.

any advice *sighs*

p.s. my treatment doesnt start for like another 2 months

That is exaclty what my derm told me, that it would only be dry skin and lips, but luckily for me i had a friend that went on the drug and i researched loads cause i was so interested in it.

Although i was researching i thought i would never be prescribed it cause like u i have mild acne very mild. hardly anything anymore but my face still looks like i have acne cause it has red marks

but i went for my derm appoint and cause i have been on mino for a year and it didnt really work my derm said i could go on roaccutane, so i said yes i would.

I to am scared of scarring, i have red marks at the moment and they are bad enough, i definately dont want deep scarring cause i would probably be depressed forever.

i think if u feel your acne is bad enough and that u will never be happy till it is all sorted, then go on roaccutane.

I am on day 7 now and nothin has really happend yet, although my oily face has now dissapeared in the mornings and i think i am at the start of the initial breakout but hopefully it will all be worth it.

good luck

im not sure if my skin as bad enough for me to risk roaccutane. Crhist when i go to spain my face clears up in the sun over the 2 weeks with no treatment .. i needs a holiday :cry: .. good luck to you 2 .. thanks for the advice

Yes i so agree that a holiday can cure mild acne, after 2 weeks in lanzarote i was so clear, cept for the red marks obviously

I wish i had the moneyt o go live abroad all my skin probs would be over

I wouldn't go on accutane unless you need to. For some people, it's a godsend, but for mild to moderate acne, I think it's quite a risk to take.

I was diagnosed with arthritis at 27 years old. The pain in my joints (sever at times) started when I went on accutane at 20 and my joints have never been the same. Perhaps it was coincidence, but I don't think so. It's odd to hear your body creaking at such a young age. Also, I have to use chap stick many times every day. This may not seem like a big deal, but for the rest of my life I will always have to check my pocket for chap stick before I leave the house.

Still, am I glad I went on accutane? Yes. It was the only thing to clear the acne on my back, which I really hated. Also, it made my acne manageable after I was off. As far as scarring goes (which I think is what was mentioned above as scaring), I hadn't heard that accutane causes scarring. Personally, my skin looked glorious while I was on it, and by preventing severe acne from recurring, this prevents future scarring.

-Dan

i had or well HAD mild acne but i have no acne now because of the regimen, want a mircle use TONS of BP :cry:

i tried to up the amount of bp from about the size of 2 peas to 3 last night .. lol .. mistake .. my skin went a nice redish color again :cry: .. its not bad today tho i just went back to 2 peas .. tonight i will do 3 again till im not going red .. i cant wait till im using a good amount ... . .

When i was doing the regimen, i was slowly upping my amount each time and yet i stil got the redness, i hated it so stopped for a while. started again and it did the same!!

ill just keep testing it, last night my skin was red but it wasnt really painfull so i can live with that as long as its thru the night. i think my skin will adjust, i just need to be gentle with it. So are you not on the regime then chicklet ?, im going to lanzarote in July, cant wait. are you in the uk then ?

Nope not on the regimen, i give it time but it didnt work well for me at all and i disnt wanna put up with the redness.

I thought hat i would try the regimen cause i got perscribed bp by my derm along with mino and defferin, but i didnt use the differin that much.

i am on roaccutane now!!

lanzarote is great i have been there twice now, diff parts though

yeah i am in the uk! wot bout u?

yeah im up in Manchester, at uni in Bradford. I haven't been to there before, usually mainland spain for my summer hols but i have been to most spanish islands. Haven't done any of the canaries yet thats why i wanna go to lanzarote. :cry: *wants to c the giza's*

I am in chester!!!

Lanzarote i think is one of the nicest places i have been to, lol i actually cried when i was 16 when we were going home.

i have been to costa teguise and porta del carmen

we went to costa teguise in 2001 and i thought it was the best holiday ever, the year after we went to puerto del carmen and i stil thought costa teguise was best.

but we went to visit there and i was so shocked to see what it was like, it was in a right mess and also it was like a ghost town noone around.

which part u going?

.. part of my family live in chester.. only like 1 hr away pretty coolz .. i have no idea where bouts i is going .. it isnt even booked but i know im going there .. i was gonna try and get to the cuba this year but i dont have the money being a student and all.. lanzeroti should give me a nice sunburn tho .. where bouts do you reccomend ? .. i hate families with lots of kids lol .. i hate kids actually :cry: .. arrrgh their so annoying when their not yours .. :lol:

well out of the two places i have been in lanzarote, i suggest puerto del carmen, it of course has a few families going with kids, but it isnt over run, and as we dont like going to places with kids, we would rather have a nice relaxing holiday instead of hearing kids moaning there heads, of we picked a self catering place to stay called oasis apartments. it was lovely.

me to i hate kids they do my head in

oh yeah and it is so hot in lanzarote, as u prob already know, just to let u know my derm recommended sunsense as a protecter.

it was great i didnt get sunburnt but got a tan also.

very good