Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can someone give me a weekly time frame of how many times and how often they broke out when starting retin-a micro?

how long did it take till you basically saw constistency in almost perfect/ clear skin?

How long did it take for it to fade red marks/ discolorations?

This ain't what you want to hear. Retin a micro was the only drug I gave a lot of time work, I had faith in it cause I knew a few clear people that I'd seen with a tube of it in their bathrooms. I gave it 13 or 14 weeks along with Dynacin. I never got an initial breakout, my skin was fairly clear from an old med, that was too harsh, and I was hoping that the retinamicro would keep me clear. After a while I started breaking out again. It ended that I would have a breakout, then next week clear, then some weeks irritation and weird skin and I'd quit for a day or 2 to heal then the pattern would repeat. After breaking out in the 12th week I gave it a little more time but the results never came for me. I quit cold turkey and now use more natural approaches.

That's just the way it went for me. I still think it's a fine drug and it may work wonders for you.

good luck

J.

yeah--i also agree that this is not what your going to want to hear--but retin a micro sucks! (for me at least) i used it for probably over 9 months, and it kiiiiind of controlled my breakouts, but i was never close to being fully clear--PLUS, retin a micro made my skin peel off in a sheet--not good. However, i recently went on tazorac after seeing my brothers skin miraculously clear from it--and the same happened for me! (with a combo of other things too) so i suggest trying tazorac--its been much less irritating, with much better results. :cry:

hi, i was on minocycline/klaron/clindamycin for 2 months up until march 15, then i went back, and the derm said it improved and all, so she said contunue with the pills, the clindamycin daily, for during the day, and switch off klaron and Retin A-Micro at nighttime(.04).....so now, if i get off these pills, and continue with these things, wont i just start breaking out again? because ALOT of people, once they get off the pills, they start to break out again slowly after about a month off of it, and the retin a mirco i been using every other day since march 15th.....do i have a road ahead of me of breakouts? especially during the winter time, i know once it hits around september/october, im gonna be screwed again. blah!

um i was on retin a micro 0.1 and plexion topical solution for about 5 months. That didnt do the trick as i was still breaking out in cycles. Then i went to see my new derm and she prescribed benzaclin and the weaker .04 micro. Its been less than 2 weeks with no significant breakouts. AS for your discoloration, it depends how severe it is. Retin a will help speed things up but it still takes some time.