Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hukis83

It really works.

Hi everyone,

Why do I bother writing about how awesome Dan's regimen is at 2 a.m. on saturday night? Because it truly saved my self-esteem!

I've had acne since I was in 10th grade in high school. It didn't start out so severely. I used to think it's just a natural process that all teens go through. Then, as I was getting older, it seemed to get worse every day. I looked at my face after the shower one day, and I realized I had to do something.

That's when I happened to see the Proactive solution informercial. I never ever bought anything from TV, and used to make fun of people that do. However, I was desperate. I bought it, and tried it. I stuck with it consistently for 5 months, but didn't see any improvement. I slowly slowly developed this obsession with acne. My self-esteem started to go down. When I talked to people, I couldn't look at their face directly, and was afraid that they would look at my acne. I used to hate going to social events outdoor because it made my face look even more messed up. I tried Murad and Zenmed. Neither of them worked. I took a bunch of antibiotics. Didn't cut it. I got more and more obssessed with acne as NOTHING seemed to work.

Ironically, I don't remember how I got to this website. I just somehow found this message board. I read a ton about Dan's Regimen, watched all those videos. (No offense to Dan, but I really did feel like a dork watching them.) I gave it a try. With my luck and acne, it obviously didn't work at first. I got extremely dry skin and acne on top of that. If I try to keep my skin moisturized, it would break out worse. I just wanted to freakin die. I used to get so frustrated at times... Giant cystic acne, I was tired of life. It really took control of me.

I just gave up on my hope of proper acne treatment. The only other option was Accutane, but being in college and all, I absolutely couldn't afford that. So I just decided to stick with it till it works. (I don't know why I decided to do that) I was mad at Dan and everyone else, thinking that they were all lying.

However, as I just kept using it morning and evening, my face started to break out less and peel less. My skin didn't get as dry. Then, before I knew it, my face was clear. I didn't even realize it till a couple days ago. The only blemishes in my face are red marks from past acne. (Probably why I didn't realize it as quick) I have absolutely no acne on my face right now. Starting about 3 - 4 days ago, I feel normal again to go outside. I know it sounds absurd, but I really do. I feel like I can go and participate on social activities without feeling inferior.

It's been almost exactly 6 months since the first purchase of that Acne Gel tube. I remember reading the "what to expect" that Dan wrote. By 3 months, even the toughest cases should be pretty clear. (or something like that) It took exactly twice that. Again I emphasize, my acne was SEVERE.

Thanks so much to Dan for developin this inexpensive alternative acne treatment that REALLY works. Only $11 with shipping. I couldn't ask for a better bargain. You truly saved my self-esteem!

I am telling you for those that are frustrated with acne. Give this a try. It will EVENTUALLY work.

Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone,

Why do I bother writing about how awesome Dan's regimen is at 2 a.m. on saturday night? Because it truly saved my self-esteem!

I've had acne since I was in 10th grade in high school.  It didn't start out so severely. I used to think it's just a natural process that all teens go through.  Then, as I was getting older, it seemed to get worse every day. I looked at my face after the shower one day, and I realized I had to do something.

That's when I happened to see the Proactive solution informercial. I never ever bought anything from TV, and used to make fun of people that do. However, I was desperate. I bought it, and tried it. I stuck with it consistently for 5 months, but didn't see any improvement. I slowly slowly developed this obsession with acne. My self-esteem started to go down. When I talked to people, I couldn't look at their face directly, and was afraid that they would look at my acne. I used to hate going to social events outdoor because it made my face look even more messed up. I tried Murad and Zenmed. Neither of them worked. I took a bunch of antibiotics. Didn't cut it. I got more and more obssessed with acne as NOTHING seemed to work.

Ironically, I don't remember how I got to this website. I just somehow found this message board. I read a ton about Dan's Regimen, watched all those videos. (No offense to Dan, but I really did feel like a dork watching them.) I gave it a try. With my luck and acne, it obviously didn't work at first. I got extremely dry skin and acne on top of that. If I try to keep my skin moisturized, it would break out worse. I just wanted to freakin die. I used to get so frustrated at times... Giant cystic acne, I was tired of life. It really took control of me.

I just gave up on my hope of proper acne treatment. The only other option was Accutane, but being in college and all, I absolutely couldn't afford that. So I just decided to stick with it till it works. (I don't know why I decided to do that) I was mad at Dan and everyone else, thinking that they were all lying.

However, as I just kept using it morning and evening, my face started to break out less and peel less. My skin didn't get as dry. Then, before I knew it, my face was clear. I didn't even realize it till a couple days ago. The only blemishes in my face are red marks from past acne. (Probably why I didn't realize it as quick) I have absolutely no acne on my face right now. Starting about 3 - 4 days ago, I feel normal again to go outside. I know it sounds absurd, but I really do. I feel like I can go and participate on social activities without feeling inferior.

It's been almost exactly 6 months since the first purchase of that Acne Gel tube. I remember reading the  "what to expect" that Dan wrote. By 3 months, even the toughest cases should be pretty clear. (or something like that) It took exactly twice that. Again I emphasize, my acne was SEVERE.

Thanks so much to Dan for developin this inexpensive alternative acne treatment that REALLY works. Only $11 with shipping. I couldn't ask for a better bargain. You truly saved my self-esteem!

I am telling you for those that are frustrated with acne. Give this a try. It will EVENTUALLY work.

Thanks for reading.

So just Cleanse, BP Gel and Moisturzing helped? Right now I'm on ProActiv and it's fucking my face up giving me more break outs but I thought it needs to bring the pimples out first right?

I want to order the BP Gel and all the products on the Regimen before I start... does the regimen just consist of Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser + BP Gel + Eucerin Skin Renewal?

proactic didnt work for me either at all.

i purchased basis sensitive bar, Dan's BP and Eucerin...half the cost of proactiv and it works better. couldnt ask for more!

i cant wait till the day that i can make one of these posts....but i doubt it will happen anytime soon due to the fact that im not using anything for acne besides just washing with water once a day....im hoping to grow out of it  eusa_wall.gif

Name123, if you're fearing the regimen because of side effects or because it's sort of a chemical, there are alwys more natural products, which have shown results just as good, or better. Research about using Tea Tree oil instead of BP, and Jojoba oil or Manuka/Emu oil as a moisturiser, and there are plenty of natural cleansers around.

Man, I hope so! I'm breaking out in cystic sh*t all over my jaw bone. Sitting here feeling bruised and battered, waiting for delivery of my regimen ingredients.

I ordered dans bp gel, eucerin moisterizer and basis soap. Didn't wanna change one ingredient, just do it, give it my best shot and hope!!

Name123, if you're fearing the regimen because of side effects or because it's sort of a chemical, there are alwys more natural products, which have shown results just as good, or better. Research about using Tea Tree oil instead of BP, and Jojoba oil or Manuka/Emu oil as a moisturiser, and there are plenty of natural cleansers around.

You probably felt like a dork watching the videos because I am a dork. It's understandable wink.gif

To name1237895, it sounds like you were not on the regimen, as I specifically warn against the use of bp with salicyclic acid. I do think getting on the regimen strictly is the best idea for anyone with moderate to light acne. That means a few months of strict adherence. It is worth a shot.

If proactiv isnt working for you, RETURN IT NOW so you can get a full refund. Ive been on Dan's Reg for just about 6 months today and have been completely clear! I barely need to put as much BP as I used to to stay clear also.

At first my acne took about 2 month to stop breaking out and the other 4 was just for clearing. However if I were you guys who still have persistant problems, I noticed loading on more BP = faster solution to stop breakouts. This was easily one of the best decisions ive ever made smile.gif