Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
honey_bee

Favorites...what products do you use??

Just thought for fun we could post our favorite cosmetics :cry:

I use:

foundation- Aromaleigh pure powder in medium-warm(3-w)

concealer-A.L. pure powder in a shade lighter light-warm(2-w)

mascara- Maybelline volume express in ebony(been using it for years and i love it)

eyeshadow-Maybelline expert eyes in honey beige

eyebrows-have to darken them some since they're blonde, Maybelline Ultra Brow/brush on color in light brown(it's brow powder)

lipgloss- bonnebell lipsmackers gloss fruity flavors and Sally Hansen lip moisturizer in clear nude ~~~~~~~~~~

Thse are my standbys I use 'em day in and day out and they work great for me.Now post your faves!!!! 8)

I just bought some Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation after trying lots of different ones and it really is great. I use a MAC concealer - I think it's called Studio Finish & it's good too, although you need to moisturise first otherwise it gets cakey. And MAC lipstick, the shade is called "O" - but not for every day, just when I'm going out. Sometimes I use Estee Lauder bronzing powder too, it's nice & natural.

i don't normally wear much makeup, just concealer and maybe some lip gloss.. i use the fat crayon-like concealer from Body Shop shade 04, and also their lipgloss (i forgot what shade it is but it's pinkish with some glitter :cry: ). Yep that's usually it.

-ace

i don't normally wear much makeup, just concealer and maybe some lip gloss.. i use the fat crayon-like concealer from Body Shop shade 04, and also their lipgloss (i forgot what shade it is but it's pinkish with some glitter :cry: ). Yep that's usually it.

-ace

Well, I either wear Mabeline Aqua Smooth foundation or Jane Iredale mineral powder makeup..I love both. Jane Iredale takes longer to apply, but stays on all day. The Aqua Smooth gives great coverage and looks smooth on..My favorite mascara is either Clinique or Prescriptives Mascara called False Eyelashes..I wear alot of different types of lipsticks..I wear Mabeline or Max Factor Lipfinity..once you put these on they don't wear off..you just apply the gloss over it all day..I don't care for the feel of it, but it does stay on and will not kiss off. I love makeup and love to try new things..always experimenting.

Some of my fav's:

Prescriptives Virtual Skin

Prescriptives Camouflage Cream

MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Sheer Loose Powder

These products have shown to not be caky and LAST!! Sometimes if your skin is really dry under the Camouflage Cream it will cake a bit though.

I got a sample kit from Dermablend but it is so difficult to put on.

I use Jane Iredale loose powder,

Jane Iredale pressed powder,

Max Factor Lip Finity,

and Prestige Eye Liner.

I have never had luck with mascara. It feels too thick and heavy and I don't like having black eyes in the morning if I don't wash it off. I'm just lazy like that, I guess. :D

Vaseline, Prescriptives tailor-made foundation and Smashbox!

Ive got practically every makeup product in Smashbox x10.  :evil:

How do you like the Smashbox makeup..Did you get it off of QVC. Let me know.

I use Jane Iredale loose powder,

Jane Iredale pressed powder,  

Max Factor Lip Finity,

and Prestige Eye Liner.  

I have never had luck with mascara. It feels too thick and heavy and I don't like having black eyes in the morning if I don't wash it off. I'm just lazy like that, I guess.  :evil:

How do you like the Jane Iredale loose powder..that is what I use on occasion..I like it. I always like to try new stuff.

**LA MER The Moisturizing lotion- For Moisturizer .......By Far The best ...for scars ......acne .......skin Tone.........Expensive.......but worth every penny.....my skins tends to break out less when using it .........the regular lotion in the jar is to thick **Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation***Dermablend Stick Concealer...........Prescriptives Virtual Skin Foundation is really nice but I realized it was causing me breakouts ............works well for some though.........

These are alllll my favorite products:

Foundation: Almay Energizing Makeup

Concealer: Almay Energizing Concealer

Powder: CoverGirl Translucent Powder

Blush: I never wear blush.

Mascara: CoverGirl Professional Smudgeproof Mascara (I loooove this stuff)

Eyeshadow: I use this awesome white eyeshadow stick, Maybelline something or other.

Eyebrows: I need a good eyebrow pencil...

Lipgloss: Medicated Chapstick

Tinted Moisturizer: CG Smoothers

Facewash: St. Ives Gentle Scrub for Sensitive Skin

Toner: Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Moisturizer: Oil of Olay Hydrating Beauty Fluid (Oil-free)

Acne topical: Clindagel

Red-mark fader: Glyquin

Foundation: Aromaleigh Pure Cover loose mineral powder + cetaphil moisturizer (I hate dealing with loose powder) (also use this as concealer, by mixing in less moisturizer)

Powder: Neutrogena spf 30

lipstick: revlon toast of new york

Well I have never been much of a makeup conossieur. But I do love lipstick...I am in for any bright/dark colour. Yes, Ritzvin I agree everyone should own Toast of NY. I love Lancome lipsticks cos they smell very good and they never fade...Lorreal are cheaper and don't wear so well but smell just as good (same company afterall).

Has anyone else used Clinique's Acne Solutions? It comes in a small green tube. It's a concealing cream (salicylic acid). When I had my makeup done at the Clarin's counter about 1 1/2 years ago, the Clarin's rep used it on me and I never leave home without it now. You put a dab on any red spots and it helps conceal them, while drying them at the same time.

For foundation & blush/bronzer, I only use Clarins.

i have it but i put it sometimes under all my other makeup, because even the the lighest shade is to dark for me. ](*,)

Is this MAC make-up available in UK? is it really expensive.

I currently use foundation / consealer and pressed powder from 'neutrogena skin clearing' range. They contain salcylic acid. But I find my skin almost looks worse after I put it all on, well red marks and skin tone improved but the texture of my skin looks terrible.

Any recommendations of something else I could use , thats available in UK, stays put all day, controls oil, doesnt block pores or cause breakouts and isn't too expensive?

thx

hmm all the foundations people use cost £22 - £39 !!! I can't afford to spend that on a foundation :D

Just a quickie...

I bought Neutrogena EverFresh foundation the other day, as a change from Clinique Clarifying make-up ( I love it but its NEVER EVER in stock ](*,) AGH) and its BRILLIANT. I bought the palest shade (Ivory) and its one of the few cheaper brands that has a perfect shade for my skin. It smoothed on really easily and covered the acne on my jawline and forehead really well so i didn't need too much concealer. The best thing is though that it dosn't "break-up" when my oil breaks through and go all patchy, i just blot and apply a touch of powder and my make-up looks still freshly applied. I was really suprised as ive tried their Fresh Matte foundation and Non-Stop foundation and they're c**p, really bad.

Vanessa xxx

girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am someone who has had mild acne since i was a teen. i want to tell you about some makeup that has changed my life. it is called mineral makeup. i was one who used to slather my face with harsh heavy makeup(covergirl ultimate finish is the worst!!!! ) i decided to change my life. i went to a spa that specializes in makeup for people who have acne, skin disorders, and redness from surgery. this is where i was introduced to mineral makeup. it is a private line that makes it, but i do have a website for you to see the stuff i use. http://www.coalmakeup.com/

copy and paste the link above in your browser.

what i do in the morning before my makeup is wash my face with a gentle cleanser. then i put a light lotion on my face and eyes. next i use the concealer (bamboo is my color choice) then i use the pressed powder in the color of cool beige. i use a big round wide brush to put this on. when you apply it, you should put it on fast and evenly. make sure your wrist is relaxed and not tight. i like to use brown eyeliner by almay for the edge of my eyes (upper and lower just on the edge of my lid) then i use almay mascara in plum black from the bright eyes collection. lastly i use the blush from the coal makeup site called mauvelous.

i urge you to go to a place that will show you how to apply makeup. i had a free consulation for the makeup. i am telling you that it changed my life. i have had mild acne and large pores on my face. i also have a scar on my nose. but this mineral makeup has built my confidence. people compliment me on my skin as well as my beautiful eyes.

you all have beauty inside!!! i know you will find it. it took me 26 years. i just found it and i am really happy!!!!

thank you!!!!!!

-sarah

witch hazel is a great astringement to use at night for oily skin!!!!! i have noticed a change in my skin that has been positive from this stuff. you can buy it at walmart and im sure other places as well.

i forgot to mention what i use on my lips. i use a lip liner from cara cosmetics called cameo. then i take a lip brush and use a lipstick from coalmakeup site called naturally pink. i follow that up with a bit of clear gloss that i put in the center of my lips.

i hope you all find something that works for you. mineral makeup does it for me!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!

www.coalmakeup.com

Almay Amazing Lasting Foundation - only thing that lasts with my oily skin. It also offers more coverage. No, it doesn't look "natural" but it does give me a smoother look.

Brow POWDER will give you a much better result than a brow pencil. Also important to get good brushes and learn how to use them.

Paula Begoun's books and web site have helped me a great deal. www.cosmeticscop.com