Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
K-La

derm doesn't like tea tree oil

I went to the derm today for a cortisone injection (my second one this week evil.gif ) and she asked me if I was "putting anything on it". I'm currently on Delna's regimen and I told her I was using pure tea tree oil as an on-the-spot treatment and she totally cringed. I was like, "What?" she's like, "Its an oil."

Ok, I understand that its an oil but I thought tea tree oil was ok for acne prone skin. Or is it just the tea tree oil products (like the ones found at The Body Shop) that are ok? Is the pure stuff no good? I don't use it as a toner but rather an on-the-spot treatment. All I do is put it on a cotton pad and use it on my breakouts and the surrounding area. Should I stop doing this? confused.gif

Is this a joke? I didn't think even lay people were that ignorant to think that all oils are bad for the skin, let alone a derm.

If you don't want tea tree(It does itrritate some and dries others) try www.manukaoil.com

You can also try AEA approved emu oil, jojoba oil(It's a wax really), grapeseed oil, or another oil to act as a carrier for the manuka.

Neem oil supposedly works wonders as well but the smell is horrible.

dump your derm...

What rock is she under that she isn't aware of tea tree oil's acne fighting properties?

It's well known enough to make it into drugstore concealer.

Watch out if your next treatment includes bloodletting or anything regarding bile and phlegm balance.

WTF.... did you mean "PURE" tea tree oil?..... tea trea oil is a strong irritant

i have never heard of anyone who actually used it pure on their skin...

i would stop immediately if i was you before you screw something up....

i used to use tea tree oil (not pure).. but after a while my skin got sort of irritated and one day it just burned my skin and it got all red for days.. so i stopped it..

WTF.... did you mean "PURE" tea tree oil?..... tea trea oil is a strong irritant

i would stop immediately if i was you before you screw something up....

i used to use tea tree oil (not pure).. but after a while my skin got sort of irritated and one day it just burned my skin and it got all red for days.. so i stopped it..

I went to the derm today for a cortisone injection (my second one this week evil.gif ) and she asked me if I was "putting anything on it". I'm currently on Delna's regimen and I told her I was using pure tea tree oil as an on-the-spot treatment and she totally cringed. I was like, "What?" she's like, "Its an oil."

Ok, I understand that its an oil but I thought tea tree oil was ok for acne prone skin. Or is it just the tea tree oil products (like the ones found at The Body Shop) that are ok? Is the pure stuff no good? I don't use it as a toner but rather an on-the-spot treatment. All I do is put it on a cotton pad and use it on my breakouts and the surrounding area. Should I stop doing this? confused.gif