Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildarmz

Being in a relationship while treating acne

I dont av a clue what make up to get or where to get it. I have a superdrug and boots near me and that is it. There is so much stuff. AARGH. Help.

man don't worry about your gurl. Atleast you have one. If she likes you; she would take any smell eusa_doh.gif as long as she is with you. You are not doing any wrong by putting your creams or whatever. The only wrong thing you could be doing is not putting your treatment. If she is going to leave you for that obviously she is not worth it. So I believe in that YOU come first before anything. THere is plenty of fish to catch. Just be patiente, let her know how you feel and let it go. See if it works for you.

Remember!..... Acne has its POSITIVE SIDE IN OUR LIVES!

I spose that is true. She must like sumthin about me. I aint stressin about it ne more. My active acne that i broke out with is goin nicely, hopefully all by saturday. WIll try and make my face look abit less red but there aint no point in covering up the real me. Thanks Goody.

It is just that I dont want someone I love so much to throw his life away on someone like me, when he could have any girl he liked. Even if I were to say yes to him, I would be guilty as long as I have the curse of acne. I know I am a pretty girl but my acne just obliterates all my prettiness...and a lot of people have been telling me that for so long..."If only you could get rid of your acne"..

I cant believe that I am letting acne control not just my present, but also my future...But that is exactly what I am doing, and I cant stop it...

I feel so helpless..every  night I dream of waking up in the morning acne-free...walking through the streets without any makeup..being able to talk to people without feeling the need to cover my face..not having to think about how acne is ruining my life...being able to give my wonderful boyfriend a fair deal..

I long for all that...it's been so many years...acne has stolen my entire teenage and it's stealing my youth too..It's stolen my self-esteem....it has shattered my self-confidence..

It's been so long since I did all the things I wanted to...

The pain is sometimes so bad...I often think that all I want to do is stop it once and for all...

I was under severe depression and my boyfriend (then simply my best friend) and my other friends were with me...and I am still alive...they all helped me though none of them could understand( they still dont) the reason for it.But it never goes away completely...it's always there haunting me like a shadow..it keeps coming back whenever someone passes an innocuous comment on my acne...

Whenever anyone tells me how nice my boyfriend is or how goodlooking he is, I feel insecure. I wish he was ugly. I wouldnt feel so guilty then and maybe I would feel better about myself...

Each minute I think about how unworthy I am of a guy like him...of what a cheat I am...

Each minute I wallow in self-pity...I loathe myself so completely...

Whenever I hear of someone's death and see all the tears their loved ones shed, I wish it were me who were dead instead of them...

o sry to hear that. Well Good Luck ! There is no need to cover who you are, that's a mistake that is going to keep bringing you down. You are going to get used to hiding and that's not the way to go. biggrin.gif

today i'm gonna break-up with my bf because i feel like i can't face him again.

i remember this graffitti (sp?) that was written on the neighbor's wall:

"How can you face your problem if your problem is your face?"

how true.

today i'm gonna break-up with my bf because i feel like i can't face him again.

i remember this graffitti (sp?) that was written on the neighbor's wall:

"How can you face your problem if your problem is your face?"

how true.

I agree with vampire girl. Do not let a guy who loves you this much go. Believe me, good men are HARD to find. I wish I had a guy like yours...*sigh*

His patience with sex, not seeing you, etc., that shows how he'll be w/kids, mood swings, annoying in laws, and on and on.

BTW, if you've been together 2 yrs. I'm sure he knows your keeping something from him, he just realizes that it's personal and respects you. Another +

Ayla

xxoo

Yeah I know where you guys are coming from. Since my bad outbreaks for the past two-three years, I've hidden behind the mask of makeup. And when my bfs sleep over, I don't take it off. Then my face breaks out even worse then. My bf loves to touch my face. While I think its incredibly sweet, all I can think about is the acne that it could be causing.

I've lost two bfs because of my acne. And I almost lost my current one after all the disappearing that I do on bad days. But its too humilulating to explain why I can't go out.

But you know what...I gotta stop doing that. After all the disappearing my bf told me, "I will always love you to some degree no matter what happens. And you telling me something embarrasing or bad about yourself is not going to change that." So I'm not gonna give this up without a fight, and I learned that if someone really loves you, they won't change their mind just because you have acne.

i broke up with the bf yesterday, just like what I said I'd do.

it's not only because of my low self-esteem...but because he's a perfectionist. i met him when i was clear and skinny. now i gained weight and has a terrible acne...in the end we're just gonna hate each  other. this is the reason why i ended the relationship.

but i'm doing okay. i know i made the right decision for him and for myself.

i envy those girls with bfs who stayed with them even when they looked their worst.

^

well...I'm 5'3" - currently weigh 123 lbs. which is not bad but I normally weigh 106 - 109 lbs. I've been dieting, and I'm gonna start to exercise regularly now till I get down to my normal weight.

Last October, I only have the annoying 1-3 pimples that pop out when I have my period. That's when I started dating Derek. December comes - I was burned out at work, stressed out with my relationship with Derek, had financial problems, had family problems - and my whole face broke out. I have those hundreds of tiny pimples in my face and neck and back and chest. I'm starting to develop cystic ones too - never had those before.

It eased a lot of load for me when I let Derek go. I know he's probably hurting right now, but believe me at least we didn't come that stage in the relationship where we trade insults and just basically intentionally hurt each other. I'll still see him and be friends with him (when my face is better). But right now i just wouldn't be able to handle it if he takes a good look at me and decides to reject me.

I'm taking time to heal myself.

well....I have a boyfriend who is one of the handsomest guys in college and yet, our relationship is totally based on telephone conversations....I never ever let him see me unless I am sure that my face is at least 50% clear..the strange thing is that my bf wouldnt really care even if he saw me on my bad days...but I do not have the confidence to let him c my face...I make all kinds of stupid excuses to not see him...and he actually tries to understand all my lies...he thinks that I am 100% honest with him. The truth is that I am 100% honest with him about everything unrelated to my acne. And since my acne governs my life, I guess I lie most of the time..I am being so unfair to him. I love him but I always tell him he should find a better girl. I feel so terrible when I think of all the people who would be thinking "Is that guy blind or what?".  He has taken me to meet his parents and our relationship has been steady for more than 2 years now..I am sure he'll propose to me one of these days but I dont want to say yes because it wont be fair for him to get an ugly person like me as his wife. I feel so guilty being his girlfriend sometimes...I sometimes wish I didnt have a boyfriend like him because it makes me feel so bad...I feel like I am cheating him all the time...

acne absolutely rules my life...it is all I think about...how long will I be able to hide myself away from my boyfriend...

YES...I am a virgin after a 2 year relationship...we have made out and all during some of my relatively "better" days but that's about all..I just dont have the confidence to go beyond that.. and in spite of all that I am denying him, he still loves me.Is he crazy or what?

I love him so much that I would rather give him up than burden myself on him..I wish he didnt love me..

When i stay over at my boyfriend's i dont really do my regimen cause i dont want to bleach any of his blankets or anything... but then again he always says shut up you look fine even when i really dont. lol He always tells me he looks past it anyways so my acne doesnt bother him. Thats someone you want... someone who will say that and tell you they like you for you. I still get embarrassed around him and complain about my skin and all but he just tells me not to worry about it but i do.

well....I have a boyfriend who is one of the handsomest guys in college and yet, our relationship is totally based on telephone conversations....I never ever let him see me unless I am sure that my face is at least 50% clear..the strange thing is that my bf wouldnt really care even if he saw me on my bad days...but I do not have the confidence to let him c my face...I make all kinds of stupid excuses to not see him...and he actually tries to understand all my lies...he thinks that I am 100% honest with him. The truth is that I am 100% honest with him about everything unrelated to my acne. And since my acne governs my life, I guess I lie most of the time..I am being so unfair to him. I love him but I always tell him he should find a better girl. I feel so terrible when I think of all the people who would be thinking "Is that guy blind or what?".  He has taken me to meet his parents and our relationship has been steady for more than 2 years now..I am sure he'll propose to me one of these days but I dont want to say yes because it wont be fair for him to get an ugly person like me as his wife. I feel so guilty being his girlfriend sometimes...I sometimes wish I didnt have a boyfriend like him because it makes me feel so bad...I feel like I am cheating him all the time...

acne absolutely rules my life...it is all I think about...how long will I be able to hide myself away from my boyfriend...

YES...I am a virgin after a 2 year relationship...we have made out and all during some of my relatively "better" days but that's about all..I just dont have the confidence to go beyond that.. and in spite of all that I am denying him, he still loves me.Is he crazy or what?

I love him so much that I would rather give him up than burden myself on him..I wish he didnt love me..

well...I'm 5'3" - currently weigh 123 lbs. which is not bad but I normally weigh 106 - 109 lbs. I've been dieting, and I'm gonna start to exercise regularly now till I get down to my normal weight.

Last October, I only have the annoying 1-3 pimples that pop out when I have my period. That's when I started dating Derek. December comes - I was burned out at work, stressed out with my relationship with Derek, had financial problems, had family problems - and my whole face broke out. I have those hundreds of tiny pimples in my face and neck and back and chest. I'm starting to develop cystic ones too - never had those before.

It eased a lot of load for me when I let Derek go. I know he's probably hurting right now, but believe me at least we didn't come that stage in the relationship where we trade insults and just basically intentionally hurt each other. I'll still see him and be friends with him (when my face is better). But right now i just wouldn't be able to handle it if he takes a good look at me and decides to reject me.

I'm taking time to heal myself.

try not to let your acne dictate your relationships too much. That might sound a little hypocritical of me to say, but don't let it scare you and find your happiness! I think it would be better to have someone who loves you for you, rather then how you look. Because you know why they are there for you, not to be some trophy girlfriend.