Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildarmz

Being in a relationship while treating acne

Sometimes i feel like i have to choose between treating my face and being in a relationship with my gf. For example, when she sleeps over, its hard to go and apply TTO and the moisturizer i want because my face stays a little sticky and anyone who uses TTO knows how strong it smells (although it smells good to me). Other times i just want to stay in for the night and sleep alot to improve my face, but i cant do that, obviously. Lastly, i sometimes breakout from all the contact with her, especially around my lips sometimes (ouch, painful) from kissing. Anyone have a similar situation? I'd liek to think i control acne, not it controls me, and im certainly not considering breaking up with her over it lol. I just feel it stalls my progress

mines abit different to yours i get to a point hwere i cant have a relationship for too long as they r going to have to see my acne i can't cover it up all the time and i just get sick of splitting up with people because they think i'm too shy its not i'm just embarressed. Anyone else???

As for your g/f let her know she will understand and prob be helpful

good luck

kat

I dont know if you've already told your gf about how acne affects you but I reccommend that you do. I never told my ex how much acne controlled my life and I really should have done

Just be open about it. If she really cares for you, she will understand. I'm sure if the boot was on the other foot you'd understand.

I know this may sound personal, but how's her skin?

I mean... I find myself matching my skin up to my partners all the time.

Well im meeting a girl on saturday and last time she saw me i had no spots what so ever and i was wearing makeup aswell. Yes i am a guy. ninja.gif I now have spots and cant use powder to cover them up as u can still tell you have them. works well for red marks tho. I hope she still likes me even tho i have sum spots. she has perfect skin btw.

Steven.

Guest OnlyJoe

lol, i really cant beleive the amount of guys who wear make-up i wouldnt know where to start, theres not a chance i hell i would ever go buy it.

yea joe its terribly embarrassing, but a better alternative than me being totally uncomfortable standing face to face with people. luckily ive never had to go buy makeup, but my mother (im19) always has extra make up sticks lying aorund so i just steal them from her. i wouldnt know what id do if anyone ever found out, but for now its the easiest way to deal with all my red marks. the regimen has been clearing me up very well though so hopefully in a months time i wnt be needing any more cover up.

Guest Shjaker

Outside of childbirh.. and times of the month.. and all the shit girls have to go through.. Im thankful we can wear makeup without worried about having people find out and being embarassed.

Guest OnlyJoe

surely make-up makes acne worse with time, i would rather steer clear altogether

Sometimes i feel like i have to choose between treating my face and being in a relationship with my gf. For example, when she sleeps over, its hard to go and apply TTO and the moisturizer i want because my face stays a little sticky and anyone who uses TTO knows how strong it smells (although it smells good to me). Other times i just want to stay in for the night and sleep alot to improve my face, but i cant do that, obviously. Lastly, i sometimes breakout from all the contact with her, especially around my lips sometimes (ouch, painful) from kissing. Anyone have a similar situation? I'd liek to think i control acne, not it controls me, and im certainly not considering breaking up with her over it lol. I just feel it stalls my progress

Guest Shjaker
surely make-up makes acne worse with time, i would rather steer clear altogether

i can entirely relate to your situation.

acne=massive stall in relationship progression . and in my opinion, personal progression. its sucha hinderance, such an impediment. makes me soo frusterated !!!

for me the deal is makeup right now

everything is entirely fine on my face and body accept for the area around my jaw and chin- so i have to concela it and i do so rather skillfully. but the thing that sucks is that i consciously try to remain slightly away from my boy because i dont want a messy makeout session to ravage my face and a) break me out or b) lick off all my makeup. but man id rather be getting next to himt han sitting at home with some cream

last tiem we made out insanely i broke out like mad the next day.

its just that when i dont feel like me- as a result of makeup or acne, either is equally annoying- i dont feel like sharing in anything with him because i feel false.

sucks man, sucks big time.

but whatever.. slowly progressing on the accutane train.

keep me posted on how thigns r going, good luck.

i know exactly what youre talking about. my bf has a prickly face.. and since ive been with him all i ever seem to get is a mess all over my chin.

do you know how hard it is to kiss someone without getting your chin rubbed to death!!??.. i think im mastering it.. but what a pain in the arse.

as for going to bed with topical treatments on your face, i usually go to bed and get all the mooshy stuff out of the way, and when he falls asleep go into the bathroom and pile it on. redface.gif

well....I have a boyfriend who is one of the handsomest guys in college and yet, our relationship is totally based on telephone conversations....I never ever let him see me unless I am sure that my face is at least 50% clear..the strange thing is that my bf wouldnt really care even if he saw me on my bad days...but I do not have the confidence to let him c my face...I make all kinds of stupid excuses to not see him...and he actually tries to understand all my lies...he thinks that I am 100% honest with him. The truth is that I am 100% honest with him about everything unrelated to my acne. And since my acne governs my life, I guess I lie most of the time..I am being so unfair to him. I love him but I always tell him he should find a better girl. I feel so terrible when I think of all the people who would be thinking "Is that guy blind or what?". He has taken me to meet his parents and our relationship has been steady for more than 2 years now..I am sure he'll propose to me one of these days but I dont want to say yes because it wont be fair for him to get an ugly person like me as his wife. I feel so guilty being his girlfriend sometimes...I sometimes wish I didnt have a boyfriend like him because it makes me feel so bad...I feel like I am cheating him all the time...

acne absolutely rules my life...it is all I think about...how long will I be able to hide myself away from my boyfriend...

YES...I am a virgin after a 2 year relationship...we have made out and all during some of my relatively "better" days but that's about all..I just dont have the confidence to go beyond that.. and in spite of all that I am denying him, he still loves me.Is he crazy or what?

I love him so much that I would rather give him up than burden myself on him..I wish he didnt love me..

ok so let me get this straight, you have this gorgeous guy who still wants to be with you after two years of no sex and avoiding him??.. he must REALLY like you.. and i think its truly sad that you dont think youre good enough for him.. put yourself in his shoes and try to see the beauty he sees in you because youre just being cruel to yourself otherwise..

It is just that I dont want someone I love so much to throw his life away on someone like me, when he could have any girl he liked. Even if I were to say yes to him, I would be guilty as long as I have the curse of acne. I know I am a pretty girl but my acne just obliterates all my prettiness...and a lot of people have been telling me that for so long..."If only you could get rid of your acne"..

I cant believe that I am letting acne control not just my present, but also my future...But that is exactly what I am doing, and I cant stop it...

I feel so helpless..every night I dream of waking up in the morning acne-free...walking through the streets without any makeup..being able to talk to people without feeling the need to cover my face..not having to think about how acne is ruining my life...being able to give my wonderful boyfriend a fair deal..

I long for all that...it's been so many years...acne has stolen my entire teenage and it's stealing my youth too..It's stolen my self-esteem....it has shattered my self-confidence..

It's been so long since I did all the things I wanted to...

The pain is sometimes so bad...I often think that all I want to do is stop it once and for all...

I was under severe depression and my boyfriend (then simply my best friend) and my other friends were with me...and I am still alive...they all helped me though none of them could understand( they still dont) the reason for it.But it never goes away completely...it's always there haunting me like a shadow..it keeps coming back whenever someone passes an innocuous comment on my acne...

Whenever anyone tells me how nice my boyfriend is or how goodlooking he is, I feel insecure. I wish he was ugly. I wouldnt feel so guilty then and maybe I would feel better about myself...

Each minute I think about how unworthy I am of a guy like him...of what a cheat I am...

Each minute I wallow in self-pity...I loathe myself so completely...

Whenever I hear of someone's death and see all the tears their loved ones shed, I wish it were me who were dead instead of them...

i can entirely relate to your situation.

acne=massive stall in relationship progression . and in my opinion, personal progression. its sucha  hinderance, such an impediment. makes me soo frusterated !!!

for me the deal is makeup right now

everything is entirely fine on my face and body accept for the area around my jaw and chin- so i have to concela it and i do so rather skillfully. but the thing that sucks is that i consciously try to remain slightly away from my boy because i dont want a messy makeout session to ravage my face and a) break me out or b) lick off all my makeup. but man id rather be getting next to himt han sitting at home with some cream

last tiem we made out insanely i broke out like mad the next day.

its just that when i dont feel like me- as a result of makeup or acne, either is equally annoying- i dont feel like sharing in anything with him because i feel false.

sucks man, sucks big time.

but whatever.. slowly progressing on the accutane train.

keep me posted on how thigns r going, good luck.

It is just that I dont want someone I love so much to throw his life away on someone like me, when he could have any girl he liked. Even if I were to say yes to him, I would be guilty as long as I have the curse of acne. I know I am a pretty girl but my acne just obliterates all my prettiness...and a lot of people have been telling me that for so long..."If only you could get rid of your acne"..

I cant believe that I am letting acne control not just my present, but also my future...But that is exactly what I am doing, and I cant stop it...

I feel so helpless..every  night I dream of waking up in the morning acne-free...walking through the streets without any makeup..being able to talk to people without feeling the need to cover my face..not having to think about how acne is ruining my life...being able to give my wonderful boyfriend a fair deal..

I long for all that...it's been so many years...acne has stolen my entire teenage and it's stealing my youth too..It's stolen my self-esteem....it has shattered my self-confidence..

It's been so long since I did all the things I wanted to...

The pain is sometimes so bad...I often think that all I want to do is stop it once and for all...

I was under severe depression and my boyfriend (then simply my best friend) and my other friends were with me...and I am still alive...they all helped me though none of them could understand( they still dont) the reason for it.But it never goes away completely...it's always there haunting me like a shadow..it keeps coming back whenever someone passes an innocuous comment on my acne...

Whenever anyone tells me how nice my boyfriend is or how goodlooking he is, I feel insecure. I wish he was ugly. I wouldnt feel so guilty then and maybe I would feel better about myself...

Each minute I think about how unworthy I am of a guy like him...of what a cheat I am...

Each minute I wallow in self-pity...I loathe myself so completely...

Whenever I hear of someone's death and see all the tears their loved ones shed, I wish it were me who were dead instead of them...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and not once has he seen me without a full face of make-up! We've just moved in together and still now I have to get up early in the morning so I can quickly go to the bathroom and spend 20 minutes applying my make-up and trying to cover my acne. I hate it! He has no idea how depressed it makes me. I have lost so much confidence because of acne, on bad days I'll refuse to go out at all and can't even look at people in the face. I've even had to call in sick at work because I can't face people. I've tried talking to my boyfriend about it once but he acts as if it's nothing and just says he loves me with or without spots. The onl problem is he hasn't seen me without my make-up on (I'm quite good at covering up the majorityof my acne), I think he would be so shocked to see me without it.

Anyway just started accutane so hopefully that will help.

Well im meeting a girl on saturday and last time she saw me i had no spots what so ever and i was wearing makeup aswell. Yes i am a guy.  ninja.gif I now have spots and cant use powder to cover them up as u can still tell you have them. works well for red marks tho. I hope she still likes me even tho i have sum spots. she has perfect skin btw.

Steven.