Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi i just started to have acne the start of this school year and i have been very frustated like many of you on this board. i tried differin gel when my acne was very mild and i feel like it mad emy acne much worse. i have just been prescribed benzaclin topical gel. it has 1% clindamycin and 5% bp. if you have used this please share your experiances and also if you know anything about this gel thanks you!

i also saw no results at all, and my stupid ass derm laughed at me when i told him i had already tried everything that was very similar, such as a hell of a lot of bp...he said "this is different"...how about no? topicals are all crap from my standards

I used both Benzaclin and Tazorac too. I used the Tazorac and then after about a year on that I switched to Benzaclin. I am still clear about 6 months later using just the Benzaclin. I also use the Avon 2 step Glycolic Acid peel every other night. I have always loved glycolic acid and feel it is great for acne prone skin. Good Luck!

Hey, benzaclin did some good by keeping my forehead clear but did absolutely nothing for the rest of my face. It's comparable to bp -- makes forehead clear but makes my face flaky and still pimply. At your first visit most dermatologists will prescribe benzaclin first becuz my second derm was about the prescribe the same thing until I asked for retin-a micro. It might work for you though.

Benzaclin works great on active acne and getting rid of excess oil but it's very dry and irritating. It works but you may not like the side effects like redness, dryness and flaky skin.

It almost cleared my forehead but it didn't do much for the rest my face. It was too drying and I got sick of my skin flaking all the time.

goodluck though