Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne since I was 12 years old - I'm now turning 23 this month.

It was at it it's worst when I was in high school - probably in my junior year because of a perfect-skinned chemistry teacher's advice - she said for me to wash my face with really hot water, then glide ice cubes on the spots...d*amn I looked like a monster after i took her advice...breakouts all over my face.

I've had a clear year now and then...when I was 18 years old sophomore in college, because I routinely had facials done and consulted with the derm...then about a year ago I was completely clear, because of birth control pills.

Right now I have mild acne (I hope!)...not noticeable when I apply makeup.

So right now I'm on day 9 of my TCA Peel....a lot of the hyperpigmentation peeled away...problem is, my skin broke out in my forehead and jaw-line! I never had any breakouts in my forehead for a while....I googled about the effects of TCA peel and found out that it causes milia, which they say will quickly disappear.

I hope these new breakouts won't leave dark spots, because that's the reason why I used the TCA peel in the first place...to get rid of the discoloration!

ok...I have planned my own regimen...I bought all these espensive products just so when I see my boyfriend again I'll be pretty as before...we first met when I had no blemishes and was skinny...I refused to see him for one month and 16 days just because I felt too ugly. I've made excuses which he didn't really believed in but accepted.

We'll be seeing each other soon...in about ten days and I'm so scared (and desperate!).

Condition of my face:

forehead= honestly, it feels like sandpaper! i have teeny-weeny whiteheads (I'm guessing they're called milia) all over my forehead. They're the same color as my skin but omigod, they itch! and it's so depressing to feel this rough skin...particularly since my forehead before the TCA Peel was completely clear of zits!

nose = i had one big pimple and right now it's dying but would leave a brown scar. sigh. there's another big painful bump forming but i'm trying to stop its growth.

cheeks = same condition as my forehead. wtf! i just realized now that it's really bad!

jawline and hairline = yep, they're all lined up for the firing squad!!! I've always had pimples in these areas, probably because of my make-up, or maybe my hormones, i don't know.

extras = three big suspiciously nodule-like bumps appeared on the skin close to my right ear, in the span of 7 hours! I slept at 9am, woke up with the bumps at 5pm. I panicked and controlled em. Right now the bumps are about 60% smaller thank goodness! I also have a bump in my chin that is drying out...also one in my forehead but barely noticeable now...another big bump in my right jaw but it's smaller than it was yesterday.

note:

*I never get big bumpy pimples...just now, when i used the TCA peel. and these bumps are painful and the color of my skin.

** I guess you're curious as to what I used to control or annihilate those big bumps.

this has gone lengthy enough lol...nevermind I want to write down every details so I can see if there's any improvement in the days to come.

Ok....Day 1 of my own regimen....there's still some dead skin clinging to my chin and forehead, causing these stupid breakouts. I'm expecting my package to arrive today. I just ordered the 65% Lactic Acid Peel so I'm gonna use that tonight.

Anyhoo, my regimen:

Daily:

AM:

1. Wash face with green tea soap.

2. Apply Lemon Peppermint toner.

3. Zap my active pimples with Oxy Light.

4. Apply Lemon Peppermint toner again.

5. Moisturize.

PM:

2. Apply Lemon Peppermint toner or Beta Hydroxy Serum (alternate use

of this every night.

3. Zap my active pimples with Oxy Light

4. Moisturize.

Weekly:

1. Scrub my face with Lavender Rosa Herbal facial scrub.

2. Apply Highland Lavender facial mask.

3. 40% Glycolic Acid/65% Lactic Acid Peel (alternate weekly).

Wish me luck! I probably spent more or less $300 on these products alone...that's how desperate I am.

EDIT (March 2, 2005) : The regimen above has been modified - like over a month ago! A lot of peeps have been commenting I put too many products to my face - which I admit is true - but believe me these products helped a lot. When I started my pimples were like 150+ (small ones). Right now I probably have under 10 active pimples - which is a lot of progress!

So I still use the same products listed above, plus the new ones I bought, and the herbal supplements. But I don't apply them all at once everyday - it depends on my skin condition (if I have breakouts, if i'm too oily or too dry, if I'm peeling or not, etc, etc).

My skincare materials:

1. Oxy Light

2. Herbal toner

3. Herbal mask

4. Herbal scrub

5. 8% Beta Hydroxy Acid

6. 100% Tea Tree Oil

7. 40% Glycolic Acid Peel

8. 65% Lactic Acid Peel

9. 20% Salicylic Acid Peel

10. Cetaphil SPF 15

11. Chaste Tree/Vitex pills

12. Burdock Root pills

13. Milk Thistle pills

14. Red Clover pills

15. Evening Primrose Oil pills

For the fun of it - I also mix up my materials, for example, I mix TTO with Cetaphil, and on my herbal mask, I mix ACV, skim milk, TTO, or just plain water. Just for the fun of it, coz doing my regimen gets boring sometimes.

I am also planning to buy more product (EMU, MANUKA). I've just ordered papaya cream and mineral makeup. I am devoted to treating my face.

I WON'T RECOMMEND THIS REGIMEN TO ANYONE - COZ IT IS EXPENSIVE!

eusa_angel.gif

Yesterday I got my 65% Lactic Acid from the mail.

Yesterday was Day 11(I think!) of my TCA Peel. There hyperpigmentation lessened, and last night I didn't even wear foundation! i just used concealer hear and there, brushed pressed powder on my face, and went to to work. yay!! i never thought i could do that ever again.

I love Beta Hydroxy Serum. I was so concerned on these hundreds of tiny bumps in my face (I had my brother zap them one by one using Oxy Light). Lots of whiteheads, and so rought to touch - like sandpaper! So I applied my 8%Beta Hydroxy Serum and it seemed like all these whiteheads melted....my face felt so smooth afterward.

i did a patch test on my jawline for the 65% Lactic Acid...it was so different from the 40% glycolic, it didn't sting at all!

but right now i have several breakouts on my jaw...I don't know if it's from the lactic acid or it's just that time of the month but i hate it! i want to see my bf, but if i keep breaking out like this i might have to break up with him!

I'm at two hearts with the TCA Peel...yes, the change in my skin tone is dramatic! But it caused me to break out so bad...i dunno...

I feel so sad today.

Last night I gathered all my courage to look at the mirror, with no flattering light and concealing make-up on my face. I looked terrible.

Have so many nasty pimples all over my face....gawd...feels like I'm back in my high school....last October I only had to deal with three small pimples in my nose. Now my face is messed up.

I looked closely and found three red and painful pimples on my chin. I got like hundreds on my jawline. Five cystic bumps that wouldn't go away. My face is a mess. The only clear spots are on my temples, and it seems like the hairline there is starting to break out.

I'm considering going to the dermatologist and ask for Accutane.

Yesterday I tried to sleep after getting home....I kept thinking about my boyfriend...I miss him so much, haven't seen him for less than two months. I have decided to break up with him, I would hate it if he had to see me like this. Derek is a perfectionist guy. If I kept on dating him I would end up hating him.

I was crying in my sleep too. When I woke up I felt tears in my eyes.

So today I'm gonna tell him I won't see him for a while...that we should remain friends...I know this is gonna hurt him...I'm in so much pain too...We planned to spend our birthdays and Valentine's Day together...we planned so many things...and now because of my low self-esteem and this stupid acne my chance for a beautiful and committed relationship is being ruined.

Last night I did a 65% Lactic Acid Peel...i didn't expect it to be that harsh...now my face is peeling again, right after the week I was done with my TCA peel. sheesh...I should be more careful. Some pimples on my chin dried up and crusted....and those cystic ones darkened and are now noticeable, whereas before they were the color of my skin.

I couldn't stop picking on the pimples...Lactic Acid made my whiteheads come to the surface, I can see a bunch of them in the area of my nose...

I bought the SUPER CP Serum to help with scarring...now I'm afraid to use it because I read it makes your face break out...and that's the last thing I need.

I'm very diligent in using my Oxy Light....I'm starting to doubt it's ability to fight acne...but I haven't been using it for too long...and yes it did quickly dried out my pimples. Plus, pimples on the surface of the face is actually 6 weeks old....so what I'm doing is to kill the bacteria underneath the skin so in six weeks' time they won't show their nastiness on my face. Lord please, I hope I'm doing the right thing.

I should add that I love the green tea bar soap...it's amazing!

I'm wondering why I'm getting these cystic acnes...never had them before.

I'm so sad.

broke up with him yesterday, then turned my cell off. cry.gif

my face is peeling because of the 65% Lactic Acid Peel.

I heard my co-workers talk about how pale my face was last night. I just shrugged it off. But yeah, I think I'm not gonna use Lactic Acid Peel for my whole face - only for those hyper-pigmented areas. I don't wanna end up looking like a ghost.

my acne is definitely hormonal....because of my irregular mentruation i didn't really notice what times I get acne. But since I kept close watch upon starting my birth control pills, I noticed that the week before I'm supposed to get my period, many pimples pop out on my chin and jawline.

I've been reading a lot about P. Acnes. I'm doing more research and research.

I'm still using my Oxy Light. It's actually the only thing that's regular in my regiment. I couldn't use all the other stuff because of I'm still recovering from my chemical peels.

I hope this high frequency machine really does kill P. Acnes.

I'm using this sample from MUAC - the botanical healing garden. It's recommended for after chemical peel- care.

But I'm scared of the ingridients...all that register to me is oil, oil, and more oil!

here are the stuff on it:

Ingredients: Rose Bulgaria Hydrosol, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Sesame Oil, Soybean Oil, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Borage Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Lecithin, Beeswax, Heliocarot Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Calendula Select, Rosehip Seed Extract, Sea Buckthorn Extract, Borax, Lavender, Sweet Orange, Vetiver & Geranium Essential Oils.

I hope they are "good" oil, and not those which help form comedones. Will someone enlighten me if these stuff are good or bad?

Looked at the mirror last night and noticed new breakouts on my jawline. sheesh.

I'm still peeling from the lactic acid peel. Last night I didn't know what to do with my skin...I cleaned it earlier though...I didn't want to overwash...but I want to get rid of those dead skin on my skin. Tonight I'll use the Beta Hydroxy Serum again.

I'm spending a lot of money to battle acne. This month alone I spent around $400 just for my face - money that I could have spent for school. And I just ordered new stuff from Amazon today - Hibiclens cleanser, 100% Tea Tree oil, Cetaphil moisturizing lotion and another Cetaphil moisturizing lotion that has SPF 15 on it.

I used the Highland Lavender Mud Mask, mixed it with milk - feels good on my face! They say on the instruction that I can mix it with apple cider vinegar or yogurt too or just even plain water or anything organic. Wow - versatile! Gotta love that.

Just bought around 20 low-calorie, low fat yogurts - I'm dieting. Im not sure if it's good for my face because of the high content of sugar. Oh well.

I really have to change my makeup. I think all the trouble started when I began using the foundation last October...by December my face was a mess! I gotta invest in Mineral Makeup or something like that, which they say doesn't clog up pores or irritate the skin.

I already feel a bump forming in the right side of my nose - aaaaaaaargh! I hope it's true what they say - that it's just all the gunk coming to the surface of the skin. After it all has come out I won't have to deal with them anymore - I hope!

Gawd I miss Derek.

When I have kids, I'm gonna take good care of their skin. When they're 9-10 years old, I'm gonna start them with a good and gentle skin regimen. From my research I found out that P. Acnes start to multiply during the pre-pubescent years. So this is a good time for them to start using a gentle anti-bacterial soap, and Oxylight, to prevent breakouts in their teenage years.

With my daughters I'll ask the doctors to give em birth control pills - if they're anything like me their breakouts will be due to hormonal imbalance.

With my sons, the moment they get ONE, only ONE cystic acne, I'm definitely gonna march to the doctor and have them prescribe my sons Accutane. Since the disease is genetic they might as well prevent the acne before the damage occurs.

And during their breakout period - I'll give them an option to be home-schooled. When they get better they can go back to regular schooling.

Acne sucks and it's preventing me to live my life.

Just finished applying the 8%Beta Hydroxy Serum - I wish I could put that stuff on my face everyday! My skin looks sooo good after application. Smells bad though. But excellent product!

I used my Oxy Light all over my face - I want to keep faith with this product. It's the most expensive product I've ever bought for my face - it's $100!

Applied the Lemon toner to balance my skin pH.

Then used my Oxy Light again.

Then applied Dove moisturizer.

I am never gonna use the botanical healing garden moisturizer unless I got real burnt from my chemical peels. It made me breakout more on my cheeks and my forehead! Anyhoo I have only a few grams left. I cannot wait for my Cetaphil moisturizing lotions!!!!

I am gonna give my skin regimen 2 months to work - if it doesn't I go straight to the nearest dermatologist covered by my insurance (and ask for Ortho-triglicyclen or Accutane).

I received an email from Derek. He has deleted me from his myspace friends' list (broke my heart, it did). He apologized for it though. Told me he feels sad whenever he had to look at my picture.

He said he understands what I'm going through, although he doesn't know what it is. He suspects it's health-related. How right he is! I replied by thanking him for understanding me, and I said I will tell him all about it someday (hopefully someday will be in three months time, when my skin finally clears up).

I am so in love with this boy. After three years of looking I found him and everything was great - until I had this acne.

He told me that when I'm ready to talk to him again I could do so anytime I want to - as a friend or whatever I want him to be. Isn't this guy great?

I could envision myself with clear skin and calling him and telling him to come outside the house - with me waiting outside, beautiful and happy and healthy. I hope he won't be dating another girl by then.

I'm trying to train myself to sleep at night again. I'm going back to evening shift this thursday. For the last four months I've been on night shift at work - i think that's where all my stress came from.

I remember in college all those late-nighters I pulled made my skin break out - So maybe the acne I have right now is the result of me working at night.

Hopefully me going back on evening shift will make a big difference.

Still really careful about my skin. I noticed my skin is neither dry or oily - It's just right. I'm washing my face using Green Tea Bar soap - it's not drying to the skin. The Beta Hydroxy Serum is taking care of the oil. The only place in my face that gets shiny is my noise, but not too much though. I remember when I was around 14 to 15 my face was always disgustingly oily.

The 8% Beta Hydroxy Serum contains alcohol - that's why it burns and it stings whenever I apply it. Oh well, whatever wipes off the oil in my face. I make sure to moisturize my face, although I get worried because it's dove and might clog my pores. Can't wait for my Cetaphil.

Condition of my face:

I'm breaking out everywhere! And not with small pimples, which I got during my TCA peel....but slightly bigger ones that are so ugly and noticeable. I'm thinking that maybe this is just the Beta Hydroxy working and pulling up all the gunk under my skin. I'm not giving up on this regimen yet - MUAC says that it takes 2-3 weeks to clean up clogged pores....so I'm expecting for my face to get better after 3 weeks. I'm on my second week right now and I'm breaking out.

I'm considering having a facial done - have the blackheads and whiteheads extracted. If I do the total of all the things I've purchased for my face would be $500+ just this month alone. But it's my birthday on January 28 - maybe a gift for myself? I don't know. I don't wanna extract these lumpy, gross things myself I might end up with scars.

I will schedule an appointment to the derm to prescribe me anti-androgen meds.

AM:

2. Apply Lemon Peppermint toner.

3. Zap my active pimples with Oxy Light.

4. Apply Lemon Peppermint toner again.

5. Moisturize.

PM:

2. Apply Lemon Peppermint toner or Beta Hydroxy Serum (alternate use

of this every night.

3. Zap my active pimples with Oxy Light

4. Moisturize.

Weekly:

1. Scrub my face with Lavender Rosa Herbal facial scrub.

2. Apply Highland Lavender facial mask.

3. 40% Glycolic Acid/65% Lactic Acid Peel (alternate weekly).

Hi, I've been reading your regimen and I feel kind of sad. I know how you feel about your boyfriend seeing you with acne, but if he's as amazing as you say he is then he'll understand. Your sadness and desperation may be aggravating your acne. Even if it will damage your self-esteem too much to let him see you, maybe you could talk to him on the phone and tell him what you're going through. I'm sure if you tell him that this mysterious separation is all just because you want to be pretty for him (no matter how crazy that might seem) he'll feel a lot better than than not knowing and wondering if it has something to do with him. Just a thought. In the meantime, good luck and hang in there. smile.gif

Hi, I've been reading your regimen and I feel kind of sad.  I know how you feel about your boyfriend seeing you with acne, but if he's as amazing as you say he is then he'll understand.  Your sadness and desperation may be aggravating your acne.  Even if it will damage your self-esteem too much to let him see you, maybe you could talk to him on the phone and tell him what you're going through.  I'm sure if you tell him that this mysterious separation is all just because you want to be pretty for him (no matter how crazy that might seem) he'll feel a lot better than than not knowing and wondering if it has something to do with him.  Just a thought.  In the meantime, good luck and hang in there. smile.gif

After reading about the Accutane experiences of the members here I think I wanna go for it, since:

a) I've had acne for 12 years;

b) I'm sick of putting topicals on my face that I'm not even sure is gonna cure my pimples - I want to end the cycle;

c) I keep breaking out anyways, so I might as well have the accutane initial breakout and be done with it for the rest of my life.

d) I have pimples in my chest and back that I can't treat because it takes a lot of time, and I can't reach my back.

What I don't like about Accutane:

a) the bloodwork

b) the initial breakout (shit hopefully it only happens within the second month)

c) going to the derm routinely

d) the expense

e) the side effects - dryness, mood swings etc.

Since I've broken up with my bf I'm not having sex, so there's no danger of pregnancy.

Ok last night I had the 40% Glycolic Acid Peel. My nose is peeling right now.

And....yay!!!! My package from Amazon arrived already! I was expecting it on Feb.2! What a nice birthday surprise! So I can include the 100% Tea Trea Oil and Cetaphil Moisturizers on my regimen. (I went to Kmart yesterday and found out Cetaphil products are available there, so I don't have to order online anymore.) I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna include Hibiclens on my regimen - it's a STRONG antiseptic.

I have work today - I hope everything goes well.

*Counting the day till February 1, when I can get hold of my derm*

I gathered my courage and sent Derek an email yesterday, implying that I'll be on medical treatment for months. I'm not on Accutane yet, but I'm they'll prescribe it to me. Anyways, he has replied but I'm so nervous - I haven't read his email yet.

Ok, opening my email now.

"I told you, I can deal with you... I will be with you no matter what ... as a friend. as a best friend ... whatever you want me to be." -Derek

Suddenly things are so much better.

wub.gif

Yesterday was my birthday - I just stayed at home, slept, then my stupid bosses called me and said I'm supposed to be at work. God I want to slap their faces - I talked to them at least three times about fixing up my messed up schedule - gawd it was my birthday too stupid bitches.

And Derek forgot it's my birthday. Damnit.

I was too tired to clean my face with my regimen for like two days....I didn't break out or anything thank God. The toner I used to remove my makeup seems to clean my skin enough...although of course I shouldn't do that again - after logging off from here I'll take a bath then apply my Beta Hydroxy Serum again...or before that maybe put my facial mask first.

The tee trea oil dried up my pimple pretty fast - the big ones crusted and I couldn't help myself - I was picking at my face like crazy! I hope I didn't get any scars from picking at the scabs.

Oh well.

OK, if the bf is part of your stress then it's definitely a good idea to cut him out (or work out the stress between the two of you). Glad to hear that you talked to him a little so he doesn't freak out about you. On the other hand - he forgot your birthday? Very bad form.

Happy birthday!

Be careful with 100% tea tree oil. Some people can't take it undiluted. It made me pretty red and dried out, so I tend to just mix a couple of drops into aloe vera or my daily moisturizer before I put it on. It feels nice and kind of tingly and it doesn't aggravate my skin. My skin was so dry after straight tea tree oil that I was also having problems avoiding picking my skin. I don't know about scarring, although I suppose picking doesn't help, but picking definitely spread it around more for me. So don't dry out your skin too fast or you won't be able to resist the temptation! eusa_naughty.gif

OK, if the bf is part of your stress then it's definitely a good idea to cut him out (or work out the stress between the two of you).  Glad to hear that you talked to him a little so he doesn't freak out about you.  On the other hand - he forgot your birthday?  Very bad form.

Just decided to add 20% Salycilic Acid Peels to my weekly regimen. It's the only thing that works for me right now anyways (and 100% tea tree oil).

Hmmm...so right now I'm about to apply my 40% Glycolic Acid Peel. It should be 65% Lactic Acid right now but I've got a job interview coming this Thursday and I don't want my face to look flaky. Glycolic Acid doesn't make me peel.

My regimen is a bit up in the air. I'm experimenting. You see, I had only occasional acne as a teen and in my early 20s. Then I volunteered in Africa for 8 months and, strangely, developed horrible acne. I think I made it worse by washing it too much, but I didn't know how to treat acne then and it wasn't like I could just jump on line and find out. I think the problem was a) I was really stressed out, b) I had a parasite that caused me to lose 25 lbs, and c) I was on malaria medication for the whole time and who knows what that stuff does to you?

When I came back home it cleared up, although ever after that my acne was more severe and more obviously stress-linked. I went on Dan's regimen for a year or so but afte the initial improvement it wasn't really helping.

Last summer I went to work in Africa again and, miraculously, my face completely cleared up. I was living in a village with low stress, eating local village food. When I returned it started to come back and I was pissed off. I ordered Zenmed because it sounded pretty good.

That was a bad idea. I took it for four weeks to no result but the web site said I might need to take it for six to eight so I persevered. Then my face started breaking out all over the place and I figured it was working. Suddenly in week seven, huge cysts appeared all over my chin and lots of tiny whiteheads. I was appalled and contacted Zenmed and even they suggested I stop taking it. I did and since then it's been getting better but very slowly.

I didn't want to go back to BP because I didn't want to do all those harsh things to my face - especially when it was constantly itching and stinging. It hurt even to talk.

I wash my face with a mild cleanser and then use diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner. After about ten minutes I apply aloe vera mixed with tea tree oil (I can't use it directly). Lately I've been mixing a small quantity of manuka honey to the aloe because I had some good results with a sample cream a friend gave me (called Kolorex) and the active ingredient seemed to be manuka honey. During the day I put on a Cetaphil moisturizer with SPF 15 over top. Every few days I do a manuka honey mask and once a week or once every other week I use a clay-based mask I bought at the Body Shop.

This seems to be working for me but I'm trying to tweak it. I may order some emu oil and mix it with manuka oil for use as a night time moisturizer (after plain aloe vera, which really helps me with the inflammation). I also ordered a manuka honey soap because I figured I might as well load up on the things that seem to help me.

Ok, sorry to post such a huge message but I thought the history would be helpful.

BTW, are you sure that peeling your face so many times a week is helpful? After all, I noticed how much worse my acne got in Africa when I obsessively washed my face. Peeling seems even more extreme. Perhaps just once a week? eusa_think.gif

My regimen is a bit up in the air.  I'm experimenting.  You see, I had only occasional acne as a teen and in my early 20s.  Then I volunteered in Africa for 8 months and, strangely, developed horrible acne.  I think I made it worse by washing it too much, but I didn't know how to treat acne then and it wasn't like I could just jump on line and find out.  I think the problem was a) I was really stressed out, b) I had a parasite that caused me to lose 25 lbs, and c) I was on malaria medication for the whole time and who knows what that stuff does to you?

Update:

So after the longest time I put on my contact lenses for my practice driving today. Horror of horrors! It's like I've been unmasked! All the blemishes I haven't really seen before appeared on my face - and here I thought I was looking so good!

But I don't really care because the blemishes are old pimples or dying pimples. Thanks 100% Tea Tree Oil!!!

I put some concealer on and noticed that I have flakies - I didn't know the glycolic acid peel would make my face flake like that! It looked terrible with my make-up.

So I cancelled my road practice. I'm not really disappointed because this all means my products are working.

And I'm glad once again that I broke up with Derek - I mean - I wouldn't even date myself lol!

I got an appointment to the derm next month - march 7, 10am. aaargh such a long time to wait!

But I'm cheerful, despite all this. I know I'm pretty, and Derek is still there in the background, hanging on, and we're still communicating somewhat. Acne is a disease which needs time to heal, and I'll give it time.

Oh, ok! Sorry, I guess I kept reading about the products you were buying and stocking up on and thinking about and assumed you were using them all - all the time! Lol. Now it makes more sense.

Your city theory is interesting. The first time I went to Africa and my face broke out really badly I lived in a crowded, dirty city where everyone burns their garbage. The second time my face cleared up and I lived in a village that was miles from anywhere.

Well, who knows? I still think that that stress and parasites had something to do with it that first time and diet and no stress had something to do with it the second.

I'll be going back for a year or so before this year is over, so I guess I'll be able to test out the theories. lol.gif

oh, i'd want to volunteer too - if only i'm financially able. sad.gif

yeah it does seem i'm piling up on products lolz. when in actuality i'm only deep-cleaning and exfoliating my skin. the only products i use for the active pimples are the 100% Tea Tree Oil and Oxy Light.

Nathini, I have a plan if my derm doesn't prescribe Accutane for me - I'll get Accutane online, 10mgs. I'll take half of 10mg (5 mgs) everyday to prevent the initial breakout - and I will keep taking it (5mg) till I'm 100% clear. The bloodworks can be done at the hospital where I work.

well, that's the plan. but you know what? i think the derm will prescribe it to me, because of my history and because my skin is sooo bad right now. it's moderate acne.

Hey, S214, what's up? Did you manage to get a prescription for Accutane?

A friend of mine is taking it and it's worked miracles for her acne. Do be aware that it really slows down the healing process though - so her red marks have faded ultra slowly. She's almost off it now and is really looking forward to that day so she can stop having permanently chapped lips.

I've been tweaking my own regimen and have noticed some results. I switched from my mild AHA cleanser to a manuka honey soap. I still use manuka honey masks but I have stopped adding honey to my aloe because I think it smells weird. I've gone back to adding a few drops of tea tree oil to my aloe - I should be receiving some manuka oil this week so I'll switch to that when I get it.

Alas, I ran out of those samples of Kolorex cream that I was using at night. But the same day the emu oil I ordered arrived. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about putting all this oil on my face but people on this site have really spoken highly of it. Anyway, for my night time treatment, I took a little bit of this emu oil and mixed it with tea tree. Again, I'll switch to manuka when it arrives.

Anyway, I've really seen a difference with this emu oil. It's a bit heavy for a day moisturizer but it's great at night. It's kind of oily and gross but both days that I've chanced using it I've woken up and noticed marked improvement. I've seen a general shrinkage in the size of my pimples and fewer ones are coming up.

Let's hope this keeps up. eusa_dance.gif