Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gettingoverit

Accutane and corrective procedures

hi!

For those who've been on/are on Accutane, how long did you/plan to wait until you go ahead with any corrective procedures? (chemical peels, ipl, laser, etc)

Some derms say 6 months to a year, some say as much as two years.

Has anyone just waited the 6 months?

I want to hurry up and get some things done because I'm afraid of a relapse.

It is best to inform the dermatologist that you seek scar correction from how long you have been off of Accutane. I was about 9 to 10 months off of Accutane when I had my first dermabrasion. I have a light complexion and blue eyes (sunburn easily) and two weeks after the dermabrasion it looked like I had a mild sunburn. Nobody even noticed my pinkness (even me).

I just had a dermabrasion, only 3 1/2 months after stopping Accutane. You should be safe after 3 months though. I'm healing quicker than average too.

Thanks guys!

wow, 3 1/2 months after...I'd never do something like dermabrasion that soon. I'd wait at least 6 tongue.gif

That said, I have waited my 6, but I keep reading all this stuff like it's best to wait a year or more, etc.

I'll talk it over with my derm, he says 6 months is fine, but I was still nervous.

Thanks guys!

wow, 3 1/2 months after...I'd never do something like dermabrasion that soon. I'd wait at least 6 tongue.gif

That said, I have waited my 6, but I keep reading all this stuff like it's best to wait a year or more, etc.

I'll talk it over with my derm, he says 6 months is fine, but I was still nervous.