Notifications
Clear all

products, regimen, etc. from the Philippines post here

MemberMember
(@pimple_fighter_chick)

Posted : 04/06/2003 12:40 am

I'm from the Philippines and I just thought of starting this topic to help those with acne problems in the Philippines.

If you have any helpful tips, new products discovered, kindly share them all here.

venbrez333 and JADR liked
MemberMember
(@rychu)

Posted : 05/19/2003 9:15 pm

oh cool! another Filipino! :D)

I was having a hard time following the others here... :-)

Anyhow, I was trying to scour for Nutrogeona (?) On the Spot but I can't find it anywhere! If you find one, please do tell me.

I found Panoxyl and Benzac in local pharmaceutical stores. They're a little expensive with the small tube costing around P130.00 or around US$2.50.

And maintaining a religious meeting with my dermatologist is so out of the question since school has taken all of my time. College is a bitch. Grrr... Anyway, I'm using Nutrogeona Extra Gentle Cleanser which is good but it's not solving my acne problem. I'll prolly buy Panoxyl one of these days....

Mich09 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/15/2003 6:05 am

Hi! It's cool that there are also people from the Philippines in here :D anyway, i've started the regimen for only a 5 days, and my skin's more or less clearing up, although it's been really dry. Dry skin is a change for me, since my skin is VERY oily, living in such a tropical climate. So I've actually started to use moisturizer for the first time in my life :D i'm using cetaphil cleansing bar (available in mercury drugstores for P250.00). The benzoyl peroxide 2.5 i've seen here is panoxyl, and it's very effetive. This costs around P230.00. The moisturizer i'm using is the neutrogena moisture spf15, and it's rather pricey, it cost me P599.00. I've found all these stuff in mercury drugstore. I really do not recommend using the clean and clear products here in the philippines for the regimen, since it contains salycilic acid, it irritated my skin and made my skin all peely and wrinkly. Then i switched to cetaphil and neutrogena, they're VERY effective :) good luck in your fight against acne!! Hopefully i'll also be clear very soon! :)

MemberMember
(@rychu)

Posted : 08/22/2003 12:38 am

gosh! that's indeed pricey! I don't think I can afford that for a regimen. I'm using Tea tree oil soap now and I think it's okay but no clearing up. I've been hearing horror stories with Panoxyl so I'm not trying it. *sighs* But I'll try the 2.5% Panoxyl since it's the only one with a 2.5% here in the Philippines. I just hope it really works for me.

I also have very oily skin and Pond's didn't work for me. Oh well... I'll try Panoxyl...

MemberMember
(@zer0_cool16)

Posted : 09/08/2003 12:24 am

i've tried both panoxyl and benzac, and they bought suck. they help a little bit with acne but it burns my skin so bad that it looks just as worst as having the pimples that it cleared. it also hurts a lot. well right now, my face is clearing up and red marks made by panoxyl is disappearing. here's what i'm using, kinda expensive pero woth it:

PRODUCT PRICE WHERE-TO-BUY

(active ingridient)

UNIMYCIN 500MG 2x/day P6.30/capsule MERCURY DRUG

(Tetracycline, masakit sa sikmura pero ok lang)

NEUTROGENA OIL-FREE ACNE WASH P329.00 Watson's/H&B

(Salicylic Acid 2%) 177ml

NEUTROGENA PORE REFINING TONER P459.00 Watson's/H&B

(Salicylic Acid + Glycolic Acid) 200ml

NEUTROGENA CLEAR PORE ACNE TREATMENT P329.00 Watson's/H&B

(Salicylic Acid 2%) 56g

As you've notice, my regimen is dominated by salicylic acid. it works for me best. and i think it's better than benzoyl per-oxide. if you're not ready to shell out for all these products, i say you replace the P250 PanOxyl(40G) with this P329 NEUTROGENA (56). It may be more expensive but it's more effective and it won't burn your skin, you won't also have to apply so much to cover the whole face, in one week you will see improvement. I hope these helps a lot to my fellow pinoys!

MemberMember
(@fpj)

Posted : 10/28/2003 4:20 am

=D> Mga Kababayan ko, try nyo 'tong regimen ko FPJ style, gumana 'to sa akin, secret recipe 'to ng lola kong maganda. Madaling gagaling ang mga pimples mo at makokontrol mo na ito.

What to buy:

1) 1 soap clean and clear (yung sabon)

2) 1 bote ng Eskinol Classic yung walang buhangin 135ml

Secret ingridients Very Important!

Ihahalo mo ito sa Eskinol (mga anti-biotics 'to mabibili sa Mercury Drug)

3-4 kapsul ng Dalasin 300mg (mas mataas mas maganda)

1-2 gel 5000 iu units ng Afaxin

Kung severe ang mga pimples mo mas maraming capsul ang kailangan mo.

Ihalong mabuti at Ilagay sa :-({|= madilim at :-$ tahimik na lugar, gamitin ito sa loob ng 24 oras.

Kung OILY talga yang face mo, maganda rin na gumamit ka muna ng green cross rubbing alcohol bago ka gumamit ng PreMix FPJ Eskinol, medyo radical ang gumamit ka ng alcohol sa face pero gumana 'to sa akin, tatangalin muna ng alkohol yung mga natirang oil sa face mo para madaling makapasok ang mga gamot.

Di talaga walang biro try nyo lang. Email nyo naman ako kung gumana ok [-X .

May pahabol pa pla ako, every night before going to bed instead na milk ang inumim mo, 1 bote ng san mig light. Yun lang, Di magtatagal at lalabas ang liwanag sa iyong mukha. O.K. ba Erap.

CIAO biggrin.gif =D> =D>

user posted image

Mich09 liked
MemberMember
(@grace)

Posted : 11/21/2003 12:16 am

I did the regimen before and it helped to dry my pimples faster but my skin looked awful :-( I also get brown marks MUCH easier. I only just use BP once in awhile now.

Right now, the products I use are:

- BC pills (not cause of acne though) but hopefully it will also help

- kojic soap : it's a bit harsh so I don't let it stay on my face for too long so I won't get irritated. Okay naman.

- pink peeling oil : peels the skin, helped to shrink some of my enlarged pores and scars maybe upto 40%

- clean and clear oil free moisturizer or St. Ive's oil free moisturizer

I also use other products but not regularly.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/16/2003 2:14 am

well i just started using the OBAGI line...

MemberMember
(@rychu)

Posted : 12/31/2003 2:54 pm

i'm using Benzac W 5% and I don't have break outs. But the problem is that the marks are not lightening up. So, I still have my scars. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@zeph43)

Posted : 01/24/2005 6:44 pm

I'm from the Philippines and I just thought of starting this topic to help those with acne problems in the Philippines.

If you have any helpful tips, new products discovered, kindly share them all here.

Acne..yukk I hate it..anyways now that I am a lot older ngayon pa lumabas..then it scars ...I tried shiseido from japan ..pero to expensive so I switch to Feiya..I am now using the whitening and peeling serum and it seems to be working..it whitens the black spot and helps clear the pimples and acne...of course allong with that is the commitment of immaculate cleansing and applying morning and night...skipping is not an option..it's from hongkong and made in Japan..I am sure one can find a similar product there in PI..I am not sure of how much it will cost but I get mine 35 US dollars each bottle..Goodluck to all and viva to a clear and beautiful skin.. neutral.gifneutral.gif I try to avoid antibiotic ..immune system tend to get use to that then it will resist it when use often..

MemberMember
(@zeph43)

Posted : 01/24/2005 6:53 pm

i'm using Benzac W 5% and I don't have break outs. But the problem is that the marks are not lightening up. So, I still have my scars. sad.gif

Hi ..try something that will lighten your pigmentation...I am using Feiya from hongkong...I use the whole shebang....cleanser..whitening and express peeling serum...it seems to be working pero pag lumabas ka sa araw e gumamit ka nang sunblock cream and hats...hey it's our skin and it's just right to shower it with care

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/13/2005 5:14 pm

EDIT:

Safeguard soap (white)

It's very cheap and works.

MemberMember
(@dreamer888)

Posted : 03/21/2005 9:51 am

HELP!!! i have this acne problem and want to consult a doctor soon. can anyone here recommend a really good dermatologist in metro manila? and if possible, indicate an approximate of the range of fees they charge smile.gif thanks!!! i have really bad experiences with my previous dermatologists who are sooooo unprofessional. somehow i end up feeling robbed because not one of them showed an iota of genuine concern on the development of my skin, all they cared about were the cleansers, astringents, sunblocks and sundry things i need to buy from them... and i thought i was consulting a doctor,not salesman!

appreciate your response! thanks in advance! smile.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/25/2005 7:30 pm

EDIT:

Safeguard soap (white)

MemberMember
(@tuesday)

Posted : 03/30/2005 8:36 am

Dra. Guada or any of the doctors at Belo Med is the best if you ask me, I've visited so many dermatoligists in my life in the quest to fight acne and been through the resident dermatologist of Let's Face It, Dermstrata, Bio Essence, Dermclinic, and Elvi Pineda and even if they sound real good they all seem just to sell their products like ordinary skin clinics that sells solutions and creams in white labeled bottle. I've triede those too but for me it just takes too long to see any effects that makes you think if they really ever work at all. But other ppl claim they do but it takes years i guess. So I researched for things that might work and tried it. So here's what I came up with that works best.

Benzoyl Peroxide really works, but there is the stinging effect and the price factor too that some just can't endure. But that factor is based on the product you use.

So here's what you must do and get:

Go to local dermatologist (chipipay one would do, you don't need to consult them but just ask for a product they have that is made up of 2.5% (which is rare) to 5% (which you'll likely find easily and available)

they just order these products at local laboratories and they seem to have the same product available at all dermatologist's clinics.

Panoxyl cost P230++ and Benzac a lil less than that, but the 5% benzoyl peroxide in a gel base at a dermatologist's clinic cost P35 a tube (10mg) and they call it "acne gel 5%".

Salicylic Acid 2%, you'll find this everywhere, from clean and clear to VMV combination skin set to St. Ive's medicated scrub (which is the one I use) it doesn't matter of what base it is, gel, scrub, solution, or cream, this regimen I use will just wash it off or let it dry if it's a solution.

Then 10% to 50% (if you can find one) Glycolic Acid. I found a 10% glycolic acid in a cream base at VMV. they call it Glykeros and it cost around P600 per bottle but it can last a long time mine took a year and it's still not empty. Glycolic acid stings but it really works, dermatologists uses that in their glycolic peel facials and it is good for ppl with acne.

So here's the regimen I use:

1. Wash face with a soap or gentle cleanser, you can use cetaphil antibacterial bar if you have money to spend, or the VMV skin care combo for acne prone skin the set include a cream soap cleanser, a scrub and a solution that has salicylic acid and liquid chlorophyl which is good for oily skin, it eliminates the oil and it really works.

2. Then apply the product of your choice with 2% salicylic acid, it can be a gel, cream, scrub, solution. apply liberally then leave on for 5 mins. or more if you have time, then rinse. solutions do not need to be washed off though i do not recomment solutions for this one.

3. Apply glycolic acid product. this is only done in the PM you can skip this part in the morning since this regimen is advised twice a day one in the AM and the other on the PM. same as step 2, you leave it on for 5 minutes or more if you have time, then rinse.

4. Apply the 2.5% or 5% benzoyl peroxide product, other than what panoxyl and benzac indicates, you will not just apply this product directly on the pimple but rather cover the whole acne infected area thick with benzoyl peroxide, as in really thick! (well i guess you can't do that with panoxyl or benzac coz it is expensive and it tends to dry sticky and hard to spread) let it dry then you can leave it over night.

don't forget to use moisturizer because this regimen can cause your skin to dry even if you use cream base products it can still cause your skin to wrinkle. I don't like using moisturizers but all I do is apply a thick vitamin e cream on my face once a week and massage it for 20 minutes then rinse it off coz if you dont it will leave your skin oily which is not good.

This regimen worked for me, I used to use tretinoin but unlike what the doctors said that it can cure your pimples by letting it all surface out for 3 months that will just leave you with agitated red big pimples all over your face that will last 3 months but still i didn't see any effect or any sign of clearing up, it takes alot of time to work but this regimen I used took only 2 weeks to see a difference. One thing though, you must go to a dematologist 2 times a month for a facial to clear all the white heads and the black heads. you have to have it professionally extracted so to help the salicylic acid you use to minimize your pores. you can get a facial anywhere you like although I suggest you go to belo med for a glyco facial coz it is the best. I always get a pimple after I try other facial centers it is because of their unprofessional and unsanitary services. and after you cleared your pimple with this regimen you will still be left with scars and to eliminate that you can try skin peeling solutions on your own or if you really wanna have it professionally done you can try belo med's dermasanding with spanish peel, it's costly but it can really take away the pock marks that your acne will leave behind. that is what Dra. Guada used and worked very well for her to remove her acne scars, and that's why I trust her, and coz she used to live in the city I live in too.

i still have acne scars coz unfortunately i cant afford to get the scars removed professionally coz I don't wanna do it on my own. so good luck to all of you that still have acne, to fight acne you should try to find the best medication that will work for you. some can be treated by tretinoin, some with roche accutane, some with the obagi line. but i do not suggest trying birth control pills whle testing a regimen, coz BC can alter your hormonal activity that can really help your skin clear but if you stop taking it it will go back to the way how your hormomes used to work and pimples will start to appear again.

MemberMember
(@jan-carlo)

Posted : 03/31/2005 2:21 am

Hi you all. I'm a filipino too. I was going to type this in tagalog, but after spending 5 minutes in one sentence, I stopped - I forgot to spell tagalog already, but I speak it at my home all the time.

Anyways, you guys don't need to spend a lot of pesos on medications, dermatologists, and products. Read my sig, and click on the link to read about something you'll be glad you have read, or go to General Acne and Products forum, and click on my thread titled "A new light for all of us."

It will help both your acne and money problems A LOT.

Good luck you all.

MemberMember
(@itsgone)

Posted : 03/31/2005 10:43 pm

Here are some tips:

1. DO NOT combine AHA/ bP with salicylic acid. IT WILL STING and place you in a red faced situation

2. DO NOT attempt to use ANY facial wash WITH SCRUBS or BEADS. It will only aggrevate your acne, so DON'T

3. DO NOT touch your face during the day!

4. EAT ANYTHING! Food does not trigger acne

5. Gently place the gel on your face, do not rub...DAB in a circular motion!

6. ALways use sunscreen!!!

MemberMember
(@lna)

Posted : 04/07/2005 5:49 am

Would like to share my experience as well as ask for advice.

First of, my acne issues started mid-college. It was horrible. Could hardly look at myself in the mirror. Lasted for several years. Believe me, I tried everything... from my local cheap dermatologist, the whole Kiss My Face line, the herbal soaps, the whole L'Oreal whitening line, Diane35 (BC), etc, etc. Even seriously considered buying ProActiv (thank god I didn't). They all made me break out - yes, even Diane35 + the headache side effect.

The year before I graduated from college, I went in for a consultation at Dermclinic Glorietta and met with a Dra. Mendoza (she's no longer there because they switch dermatologists around their clinic chains). She recommended a 6-week glycolic treatment AND the whole NuDerm Supreme line.

I would like to highlight this one: she told me to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide and make sure I don't use any products that even have it because BP sure makes the pimple dry out, but it also causes the brown icky spots that takes forever to go away. She also had me stop using Diane35. (I have nothing against Dan's regimen, but also understand where I'm coming from - A LOT of BP all over your face? I'm thinking it works differently in the US and UK because of the weather and isn't really adviseable here. I kind of pictured my face as a big brown spot if I use the regimen).

I have nothing but the highest praise for Dermclinic's Glycolic treatment as well as their NS line. In six months time, I had the clearest skin. Not even one blemish or one white head. No makeup, just the Nuderm Supreme and sunscreen. It was heaven not to be worried whether my concealer's still doing its job.

Here's the clincher. When I was a college student my mom was the one who paid for the treatment as well as the topicals. The Glycolic for six weeks is a pricey P9,000 (USD170) and the whole NS line is at P10,000 (USD200)- though you can pay in installments within your 6-week treatment. The NS line included a cleanser (Cetaphil-like), clarifying toner, Dermage B (.05%) for AM, Dermage A (.1%) for PM, a Glytoner cream for AM, sunscreen for AM and a Fade Toner cream for PM. It's a LOT of work. But it is very effective. I've been on the NS line to this day. And I still had to go to Dermclinic for a periodic cleaning. But no mom to pay for it because I am working - it is I who fund this habit now. smile.gif

Two years after when I came back after a 3-month business trip on the East Coast, my pimples came back again because I forgot the whole NS line at home. So 3 months without my regimen and only Neutrogena Toner for cleansing - I'm back to square one - although it wasn't as bad. it still bothered me though because of the dark brown spots they left.

Sorry for venting, but I am desperate. I do not want to be dependent on the NS line. Besides being expensive (Cleanser 2000(?), Toner 2400, Dermage A 1500, Dermage B 1500, Fade Toner 2500, Glytoner 2500(?)), I just want Cetaphil, a not-that-expensive Toner and Neutrogena suncreen. Any recommendations or advise?

I'm a lot better off since I've taken Yasmin early this year (it made me break out the first 3 months - and I mean one new humogous pimple everyday), but it's gone now, just the occasional thingie when I'm up too late. No side effects like Diane35.

So, any advise on what to use for Toner, Moisturizer that's usable here in Manila?

MemberMember
(@itsgone)

Posted : 04/10/2005 7:38 pm

LNA,

The problem with derm products is you can't live without. Been like that with the BP thing and soon got tired of wasting my money when there is a whole population out there in Manila that uses only safeguard and they got no acne.

Note: You have to see if your acne is hereditary, ask your mum or dad when did they stop having acne. If it was in their late teens, then you in luck. If not, I suggest you sticking to your original regiment of the NUderm or try to consult your derma.

Also, if your on the lucky side I suggest you go to the transition thing. Yes it works! Go for DILUTEd vinegar. Sounds tribal, i know. But, it smoothens your skin texture and I have researched before that vinegar actually changes you to your normal PH level. That means if you have oily skin or very dry and flaky skin, vinegar will help solve that. Also, a good moisturizer are things with the coenzyme Q10 which is a well known antioxidant. Also, they have in watson's called Natural thing with natural waters (it's colored green) for a moisturizer that has AHA. For the wash, you can just use Cetaphil then the vinegar twice a day

MemberMember
(@kiwosukete)

Posted : 04/13/2005 8:35 pm

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/19/2005 4:01 am

EDIT:

Safeguard soap (white)

MemberMember
(@positively_negative)

Posted : 04/19/2005 8:44 am

ano ba yan ang dami nating tigyawatin sasabihin nila ang papanget natin hhaah

4)kaka jacol araw araw

I don't think so. biggrin.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/28/2005 9:30 pm

EDIT:

Safeguard soap (white)

MemberMember
(@snowbear)

Posted : 05/05/2005 1:31 pm

holla kababayans!

not so much about acne issues.. m getting occassional breakouts tho specially during my period. Currently, got some red bumps on my forehead. I got a VERY VERY OILY SKIN!! grabeh! everyday, may blackheads me sa nose. Have tried BENCH pore strips, Iwhite pore strips but it doesn't do the trick!

other PORE STRIPS BRAND that u can recommend? rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@scar-face-2)

Posted : 05/08/2005 8:07 pm

any one can recomend a acne products that realy works here in the philippines

may skin problem's is on my nose i got acne on my forhead and chicks last year

but now they disapear becouze of the hot weather lagi kac me pinapawisan sa for head ko at chick's kaya nawala ang oilyness nya then on my nose i got a white heads ,black heads and acne i use many product's like panoxyl but it does'nt work it only peal my skin it only removes scar's on my chick's and forhead but not the root of the acne /sob

pls can someone or somebody can recomend for me a good product's thx... eusa_think.gif