Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
injektion

Scar Prevention? (not acne related)

Hey everyone, i know this is an acne board, but today I got a in a collision with someone and his tooth went straight to my head and gashed my skin up. I washed it off with soap and water, put neosporin on it, but im not putting a bandain on it because i hear its better to let the skin breathe.

I was wondering, this cut is somewhat deep, and I was curious as to if anyone would know a way to prevent a scar ... i really don't want a scar next to my eye like this for the rest of my life.

Thanks for all your responses!

Heres the pic of it, its kinda blurry but its the best I can do...

user posted image[

Hi, the only way I know of to prevent a scar is to see a doctor. They might need to give you a stitch or 2, or probably more likely, they would clean the wound and stick on a butterfly bandage.

Hi, the only way I know of to prevent a scar is to see a doctor. They might need to give you a stitch or 2, or probably more likely, they would clean the wound and stick on a butterfly bandage.

Thanks for your responses smile.gif

Would waiting until the weekend is over be too late to see a doctor? The wound seems to have started healing already and I'm not sure what to do...

Do not worry dude, just keep it moist by putting whatever oinment you have and do not touch it. If it has stopped bleeding by now, it is unlikely he will put a stitch.

But if a doc does suggests he will put a stitch, ask a plastic surgeon to do a stitch and not any ordinory doc.

Yes, keep the wound moist.

Based on what I heard from my derm, scarring from external injuries is rare because the tissue is not damaged like the way it does by acne.If it is just loss of healthy skin, the skin will grow back.

I once fell face down from a bicycle a couple of years ago (how unlucky do you have to be to fall from a bike and land on your face instead of any other part of your body confused.gif ), and my face was covered with gashes, not a single one of them scarred.

But acne does scar me, so his explanation sounds right.

The only type of scars, I can think of for you would be small stitch marks left after a stitch, though if a good doctor does it I have heard the stitch does not scar.

Which is why it does not make sense to rush to a doctor in ER now over the weekend if there is no bleeding and risk a less skilled doctor do any stitching, as opposed to wait till Monday and get a PS to do the stitching if at all needed.

This is just my opinion though, if there is any severe pain or bleeding then you have to rush to the ER now, now way out.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Everything posted above is correct.

If a stitch is needed getting it done from a PS means you would have done your best on your part.

I would suggest in addition to all that take a homoeapathic medicine to prevent formation of scar tissue and head heeling. You can talk to a homoeapthic doctor after your stitch with a PS or dressing from a normal doctor, he can give you some pills that would avoid the formation of scar tissue.

I think Arnica 30c and Thios 30c would help in healing as well as avoiding scarring.

In addition buy a mederma cream, it is told that for new wounds applicaiton of mederma prevents scar tissue from forming, but you cannot apply it until your wound is healed, do not even bother trying it applying on your raw wound, you will not bear it.

Hope this helps.

PM me if you need any more info.

Wow, I'm glad I found this..

Last night, I somehow fell out of my bed and hit my face on my nightstand.. (I still don't understand how I did it!!) and I now have a pretty deep gash above my lip... and I am so worried that it is going to leave a scar, because it isn't exactly the smallest gash, but it's not huge. I heard putting Vitamin E oil on it will decrease scarring.

And injektion, if you're still around.. how is it?