Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
=kat=

does accutine always work?

Has anyone heard of a case where accutine hasn't worked? What happens after is there anything else to try?

i read somewhere on this board that there is a 66% change of good/satisfying results, so it probably will not work for everyone.

It's successful for 80% of people. 20% may have to go back on it again later on. It's a damn good success rate for severe acne, better than anything else out there.

jessica simpson uses it, and look at her skin. if that doesnt convice u, i dont know what will

I feel statistics are meanigless for acne. Because so many ppl can just outgrow thier acne. If someone controls thier acne with accutane , which it is very powerful at controlling and then outgrows it, he is going to be counted as a statistic telling that accutane cured it, although it did not ,so it is an unfair claim by accutane though they can get away with it.

I feel accutane is a very good drug, very good at controlling acne long term like many months and maybe a couple of years, unlike antibiotics which control acne only as long as they are used. But that time is enough for most ppl to outgrow acne which is good.

Hey Pika,

the article http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acne_detective/article6.htm

in your signature is cool, wow it is so tough to keep track of all those ingredients. all my products have one of those strearyl alcohol stuff in it.

I work as a Pharmacy Technician and I have people who come in who SWEAR by Accutane! Anyway, I asked the Pharmacist the same question of what's next if Accutane doesn't work and he said that it's NOT a matter of if it won't work...it's only the matter of being on Accutane until it does work. I also heard of a lady who was on Accutane and it completely cleared up her face but then 15 years later, it came back. How long has Accutane been around anyway?

For about 25years I think.. But I think before it was only prescribed for the most severe cases, but now it appears to be more commonly used for even mild cases.. who knows?

btw you're cute

my derm said that once you get up to a high enough dosage then it is a 95% "cure" (wrong word, i cant remember what she said) rate.