Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twocanyan

Mark after Pimple

Hi All,

Thanks for all the great info on this website. I have learned alot.. I have a question, I had a pimple recently and i popped it since its was getting to that point and it was getting big. I got all the stuff i out i think and left it alone for a few days. I can see that new skin has heeled over it but i can still feel a bump with some discoloration as oppose to my skin.. is this scaring or is this a normal healing phase?

any comments is appreciated

thanks

ya..its called hyperpigmentation which is what i have ALL OVER MY FACE!!! from every FREAKIN ZIT!!!!! it sux alot...the best way to prevent marks is to NOT SPOT TREATMENT especially not with BP & dont pop it...just leave it alone

thanks for the response.. its impossible to not pop a zit when its huge and white stuff showing.. it stays around forever too.. unless you live in a cave.. i have quite a few dark spots from having pimples and eveutally popping them.. i guess the only way they are going to away is time and hopefully the baking soda and ACV is going to help

now i am even more confused.. so don;t put anything on an active pimple or a pimple that is about to form?

sorry for sound like an idiot.. but i just want to be sure and educated

I think it's because it dries it out, could irritate it and make the mark worse, but if it works and makes the zit go down faster, the mark wouldn't be as bad as if it stayed longer... I'm really not sure sorry sad.gif try it and see what happens, if you don't like doing it, don't

I try to leave my active big zits alone for the most part, but thats just me

usually whiteheads that are big just pop in the shower or if when you're sleeping which is the best way for them to pop. do not put BP on its horrible it prolongs red marks and irritates your skin.

Don't use chemicals on your face. that helps with not getting as severe red marks. Just use Tea Tree oil or manuka oil.

www.manukaoil.com

tea tree oil is pretty easy to find.

Im also wondering about this. Do certain products make the red marks darker or more noticeable? I found that using vitamin e and a as a topical cream helped quite a bit. Im not sure though I might just be imagining it. =)

Im also wondering about this.  Do certain products make the red marks darker or more noticeable?  I found that using vitamin e and a as a topical cream helped quite a bit.  Im not sure though I might just be imagining it.  =)