Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am on my third day of Diane 35. I was just wonerding if I should expect an initial breakout, and how long b4 I see good results? I thought what I had was mod-severe acne. But when I saw my doc he said that it's mod-severe cystic acne. Boy do I feel dumb. Couldn't even tell the difference. Anyway, can anyone who has had any kind of experience with this please reply?

I was wondering the same thing as you. I'm about to start my first pack of Diane 35 and i want to know it there will be an initial breakout. If anyone can help us out here that would be great!

I am on my third day of Diane 35. I was just wonerding if I should expect an initial breakout, and how long b4 I see good results? I thought what I had was mod-severe acne. But when I saw my doc he said that it's mod-severe cystic acne. Boy do I feel dumb. Couldn't even tell the difference. Anyway, can anyone who has had any kind of experience with this please reply?

Hi Patience,

I'm using Diane 35 as well! It may be different for everyone, but for me, i didn't have an initial breakout...I think it all depends on the individual, but I think generally you don't get any kind of massive initial breakout with Diane (I may be totally wrong, but that's as far as I know about it)

Now, about when you'll see results..well, I've been taking it for about a month and half and I would say it may be helping somewhat, althuogh I still keep getting new pimples every few days... doubt.gif

BUT, they say you need to wait at least 3-6 months, so yes, you need to be patient...very hard for me!! hehe. You may, and I'll emphasize the may, see some improvement after about a month maybe? But if you don't, please don't give up, coz like I said, it's generally 3-6 months.

Anyway, hope that helped a bit. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Arya

Anyway, hope that helped a bit. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Arya

Thanks it did help. It's gonna stop me from getting dicouraged after 2 weeks without any sign of improvement. I know my nick name is patience, but it's something i don't have alot of. hehe, don't even know why I picked it really.......

The more replies, the better smile.gif

hi patience,

I'm on my 5th week on Diane 35 now. I think we have the same type of acne. Arya is right that you need to wait 3-6 months, it varies for every person. I'm actually amazed that it's been working faster than I expected. I stopped getting cysts after the first week. I still break out, but no more cysts. biggrin.gif My face never became worse when I started taking it, so there wasn't an initial break out for me.

This has helped so much. I have been reading alot of the posts on these boards and i am really impressed at the amount of support and advice people recieve here. I was really starting to get depressed b4 I started reading here. Thank you all. Keep it up. eusa_dance.gif

I was on Dianette (Diane 35) for about 3 years, until my GP changed my BCP recently.

I don't remember getting an initial break-out, but seeing as it's years since I started taking it, I don't really remember.. sorry eusa_doh.gif

Dianette never completely cleared my skin, though it did improve it. It works for some people and not for others. I remember it being quite some time before my skin started to improve, but don't remember exactly how long.. it was months, rather than weeks though.

Aside from the effects it has on acne, I never had any bad side effects from taking Dianette smile.gif