Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here's my story:

About a month ago, I started to get some small bumps on my forehead, little bumps the color of my skin, I started using some Johnson and Johnson product, and it made my skin worse and really dry, and brekouts on my forehead... So I stopped using it and someone recommended the honey and cinnamon solution, and it actually cleared my skin, but I mean completely cleared it! So after 2 weeks, I was still using it and I started to get even worse breakouts, like now I have little bumps all over my forehead and the side of my face, im so scared I don't even know what to do, so if you guys can help me and tell me what might work for this, I don't want to start using Benzoyl Peroxide because I heard that your skin gets dependent on it or something, so if someone can please tell me what I can do get my skin clear again, or atleast my forehead sad.gif

Paul,

So you haven't had acne before? This is how mine started, like a year ago, except the bumps were on my chin. I got irritated with mine and got one of those comedo extactors and started trying to extract them from my chin, but they would just get inflamed and turn into zits, so I would NOT recommend that. Eventually the bumps spread and now they are on my jawline. I went and had a facial to have them extracted. There were so many, she didn't even get to all of them! I should have just told her to skip all the other stuff she was doing, masks etc, and just EXTRACT! I am still experimenting on how to deal with mine. I've found several things that seem to help a little.

- exfoliating with baking soda about once a week. I just do it while I'm in the shower. Make a little bit of paste in your palm and VERY GENTLY scrub your face. Wash it all off and apply a little apple cider vinegar for maybe 30 sec. and rinse. I think this keeps me from getting MORE bumps.

- Green clay mask. This is my favorite thing to do! Get some dry plain green clay or bentonite clay (usually at health food stores). Mix it with a little ACV to make a paste and apply to your face. Wait til it dries and GENTLY rinse it off. Then I apply jojoba oil as a moisturizer. Green clay pulls out impurities, or at least it is supposed to and it makes your skin very smooth, soft and nice.

Sorry I don't have any tried and true solutions. I am still trying to find one for my bumps. I would look into extractions too, if I were you. And don't go crazy and start applying all kinds of chemicals! I don't think they work very well for this type of acne.

First of you need to not stress about it. That will just make it worse. Try a gentle soap like dove and wash once to twice a day. Also try a little SA on the spots at night before bed. Warning: do not wear SA BP or anything like it during the day. Avoid touching your face .

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, really appreciated.

But, I have a serious concern as to why this might be hitting me, ok the thing is that about month or two ago I got a haircut, and the person that cuts my hair passed that shaving thing all over the side of my face, little bit of my forehead and all of my cheeks, about a week later I started to break out really bad with small bumps. I told her and she didn't do it then I got fine, my face was crystal clear with not even a bump. But last time I went she did it again! And I didn't pay any attention because my face was clear, so can this be it?

You mean she used the hair buzzer thing on your face, and you got bumps exactly where she did it? If that is the case, and you really only get the bumps when she does this, then I think you can logically assume that is the reason! And you should feel lucky that figuring the cause of your acne was so simple! All the rest of us on here are still trying to figure it out.

Good luck.

Carrie

Wait! Before you do anything, or even order medications, PLEASE READ MY TOPIC:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=40303

But wait, you're how old? If you are like an early teenager, you will certainly get acne because that's the time when your hormones get crazy. So, I prefer you to use very very very mild cleanser like Cetaphil or anything. Please don't pick your acne, and even worse, use strong agents. But read that link anyways. If you're an early victim, try Cetaphil first because the WATER method I am talking about in my post is for people who have already balanced their hormones. This happens at around 16/17/18 years of age.

Good luck reading.

You can request your hairdresser to wash off the buzzers with alcohol. If you ask them to, they have to or you get refused service, but if they do that report to their manager wink.gif

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I really appreciate it... I am 15 by the way, and never had anything until that, but I am also a little worried that it might some type of pimples coming out, because im pretty sure its not acne, just little red bumps about 5-7 on the right side of the forehead, and if it was acne it would hurt right?

Question do you shower after you get your hair cut? Its a good idea, plus your hair looks better after it gets chopped off and being played with all day itneeds to relax too.. you know.

Infact guys, heres what my face looked before I started to get this on my face, this was last week by the way:

user posted image

user posted image

The light might not be the best, but my skin was completely clear. And here's today:

user posted image

Its only that side of the face, im looking horrible confused.gif any ideas on what to do, please?

shit man want to trade acne? Some BP or SA should clear that up by next friday sad.gif wished my skin was that clear 4-5 tiny pimples..

Guest TylerD

Guy you have nothing to worry about. Your face has like little little ones. Thats not even acne. Thats like minor nothing lol. Ive been doing the regimen for over a few months now and my skin isnt even that good yet. Well close but not quite but anyway just use some of that salicylic acid on your face at night and like a light moisturizer during the day. You'll be good to go. Back with your clear face lol just like last week haha peace out bro.

I believe thats for your body dude. I wouldn't reccomend using it, try getting a moisturizer specifically for your face.

~Poi

P.S. Dude you have acne the size of this period -> . <- Just use the regimen ittl clear you up in like a day .

Guest TylerD

Ya i agree. Paul_4883 you should just use some bp and get it under control now. Because the longer you let it sit the worse it will get probably. And because you have very few I would suggest just spot treat with the bp. Just use it in the areas you most get them. Most likely just the left side of your face there just dab some on the little ones you got there. They should be gone within a few days. Lets us now how it goes. Good luck peace.

Well, Ive been using SA for about 3 days, done absolutely nothing. It looks worse now! Im so pissed, do you guys recommend BP?

Guest TylerD

Well it shouldnt have made your skin worse. What product are you using. Maybe switch over to neutrogena multi vitamine or els rapid clear acne defence lotion or w/e its called. Those are very good and yes if all els faisl then go to BP. But your acne isnt bad enough yet to where you should go to bp I dont think. Because S.A is way less drying on the skin and less irritating then bp is.

Acne Spot Treatment is what im using, ill look into Neutrogena Multivitamin, thanks a lot, how much of SA do you think I should apply?