Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marox

On roaccurate for 2 months...

Hey,

I have been on Roaccutane for two months, and am not sure whether I am progressing as much as I would like to.

I have had some improvement, but still get acne (around lips/cheeks and the forehead).

I do not get back acne, just facial acne.

I am currently on 3x20mg per day (40mg in the morning with breakfast, 20mg during dinner) and have been on that dosage for around one month. Previously it was just 20 or 40mg/day.

Should I be worried with not noticing much improvement during this time?

I am experiencing cracked lips and dry/flakey skin.

Can anyone comment whether I should be concerned about progress or not, from personal experiences/any info they have?

Thanks!

Hello! Most people usually see the best results around the end of month three. However, some people won’t improve until their treatment is over. From what I gather through the posts here, most people do clear around the end of month three so relax and just give it time to happen.

For your lips, try a combination of Aquaphor and Carmex or Blistex. I’ve learned that this works really well and some days I am even brave enough to try lipstick.

Have you gone through the initial breakout yet?

Hey,

it seemed that my face did not improve at all the first two an a half months. I went 40 mg 1st month, then 80 mg month 2, then 120 mg month 3 (tomorrow is the last day of month 3--well there are still a couple of days left, but tomorrow is my derm appt.). After I was bumped to 120, my face broke out horribly. I think I missed the real initial breakout, and this happened then. However, after a few days it began to clear. Now I am almost clear except for a little on my chin and some fading redmarks! It finally has begun to work. Be patient.

I dont know if ive really had an initial breakout, nothing really stands out... They just still appear every now and then sad.gif

I have gotten maybe one or two nose bleeds over the entire course so far, is that a sign for a lack of it working if I do not have regular occurances?

Hey Marox, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 2.5 months in and I think Accutane *just* started to work for me. Up until literally this week I was still breaking out, and I didn't see much improvement. I'm still not satisfied with my skin really... so I'm hoping that this is the beginning of the clearing up?

After three months, most people see it at least begin to work, so we just have to hang in there. I'm praying. Oh, and I haven't had a single nosebleed while on Accutane, so don't worry about that. Not all side-effects are experienced by everyone equally.

Good luck!!

Mae

I didn;t see any real results until end of monthfour. Thats when I relized that I had no more acne, just redmarks. Sometimes it's hard to tell; If your skin is smoother, but still has red spots, then it's getting better!

My son is on accutane. He started the week of Thanksgiving. So I guess this is going into 2 months. He has had a severe breakout. Bleeding and cysts and lesions that hurt terribly. Did notice a clearing of the back of his neck and some on his back though.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

What also REALLY sucks with this accutane stuff is that I cannot stay in the sun / go tanning sad.gif

I hate being pale and acne ridden tongue.gif

Haha, Arpazia wink.gif Sexy pale-skinned chicas, whooo!

Yeah, as I've said in other threads, I'm ghostly white right now, but I'm trying to just work with it. I figure if I let my skin improve while it's this pale, when summer does come and I get a tan, it'll look that much better right? Besides, I have limited tanning options. The weather here has gone from -10C and snow back up to 8C and pouring rain. Oh, Canada (har har)

Mae biggrin.gif

Guest Craigems

ohhh i'm lucky such tanned skin ... n hot weather biggrin.gif ... hehe just teasin.

I'm at the end of my first month of Accutane and breaking out like mad. I don't really care though. LOL I just hope it works in the end.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the red marks to go away? I've been on accutane for about 1 and 1/2 months and I'm breaking out but have a few red/purple marks from blemishes that I had just before going on accutane. i hate them, they seem to stand out more in pictures.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

I HATE being pale, I really really hate it (combined with acne, GRRR).

Can I still get some sun? Whats the problem of getting tanned/colour if I DONT burn? Wont that be ok?

Some advice please - Personal experiences would help.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the red marks to go away?  I've been on accutane for about 1 and 1/2 months and I'm breaking out but have a few red/purple marks from blemishes that I had just before going on accutane.  i hate them, they seem to stand out more in pictures.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

I HATE being pale, I really really hate it (combined with acne, GRRR).

Can I still get some sun? Whats the problem of getting tanned/colour if I DONT burn? Wont that be ok?

Some advice please - Personal experiences would help.