Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chkben

My TCA Peel 12.5% Full face Peel

---- Edited/Addition on 17/1/05 ----

This is just to help me keep track of my progress and help me remember when I next do my TCA peel. Sorry folks for the lengthy descriptions. tongue.gif Will post pics after washing my face tomorrow.

Started my TCA Peel 12.5% today (14/1/2005, Friday at 11:00pm).

Got the TCA Peel from Loganwood Skincare .

Prepared the following:

1. Isopropyl Alcohol

2. Acetone

3. 12.5% TCA Peel

4. Neutralizer

5. Antibiotic gel (compliments of Loganwood)

6. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Step 1

Mixed 50% Isopropyl Alcohol to 50% Acetone to clean my face using cotton swipes, after washing with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.

Step 2

Pour about 2ml of TCA into a plastic measurer (plastic cup thingie). Used fan brush to wipe over forehead, temples, cheeks and chin. One layer of wiping. Forehead starts to sting, followed by temples, and cheeks. The temples started to frost first, then the cheeks, followed by the chins.

Panicky cos some of my scars started to frost more.

Waited 4 minutes after first wipe ... sprayed Neutralizer all over my face where TCA is applied. Relief!!

Step 3

Rushed to the bathroom, washed my face with cool water once. Dabbed a bit with my towel, and sprayed the Neutralizer again. Wash with cool water again, dab dry with towel. Finally feeling relief and numb feeling on my face.

Step 4

Applied Antibiotic gel to my whole face...feeling numb and a bit red now.

20 mins after first wipe of TCA.

----------------------------------------

Ordered some NA-PCA spray (will have to wait 10-14 days...sighz) ... and have some Hyaluronic Acid, St. John's Wort oil here...gonna be applying the St. John's Wort oil during the night, and HA + Moisturizer during the day.

Stay tuned. smile.gif

Day 1-2

Skin feeling tight, nothing much happening...been apply HA in the morning and St. John Wort's oil in the night. Just bought Coppertone Faces SPF 30 for the face in the evening of Day 2....used it now in the morning, with HA first, then sunscreen in the morning....

Day 3

Portion of my skin is browning now...and feeling very tight. Think the skin will start shredding during Day 4 and 5. Still applying St. John Wort's in the night, HA and sunscreen in the morning.

Day 4-6

Cheek areas still peeling...Routine as per Day 3. Improvement can be seen over the chin area where there was a blackened spot (from dried cystic acne)...the blackened area peeled off and it's light-brown now. smile.gif

Will be ordering Lactic Acid 85%, PH 2.0 soon so as to incoporate into my peel regimine.

Edited by chkben

This is just to help me keep track of my progress and help me remember when I next do my TCA peel.  Sorry folks for the lengthy descriptions. tongue.gif  Will post pics after washing my face tomorrow.

Started my TCA Peel 12.5% today (14/1/2005, Friday at 11:00pm).

Got the TCA Peel from Loganwood Skincare .

Prepared the following:

1. Isopropyl Alcohol

2. Acetone

3. 12.5% TCA Peel

4. Neutralizer

5. Antibiotic gel (compliments of Loganwood)

6. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Step 1

Mixed 50% Isopropyl Alcohol to 50% Acetone to clean my face using cotton swipes, after washing with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.

Step 2

Pour about 2ml of TCA into a plastic measurer (plastic cup thingie). Used fan brush to wipe over forehead, temples, cheeks and chin.  One layer of wiping.  Forehead starts to sting, followed by temples, and cheeks.  The temples started to frost first, then the cheeks, followed by the chins.

Panicky cos some of my scars started to frost more. 

Waited 4 minutes after first wipe ... sprayed Neutralizer all over my face where TCA is applied.  Relief!!

Step 3

Rushed to the bathroom, washed my face with cool water once.  Dabbed a bit with my towel, and sprayed the Neutralizer again.  Wash with cool water again, dab dry with towel.  Finally feeling relief and numb feeling on my face.

Step 4

Applied Antibiotic gel to my whole face...feeling numb and a bit red now.

20 mins after first wipe of TCA.

----------------------------------------

Ordered some NA-PCA spray (will have to wait 10-14 days...sighz) ... and have some Hyaluronic Acid, St. John's Wort oil  here...gonna be applying the St. John's Wort oil during the night, and HA + Moisturizer during the day.

Stay tuned.  smile.gif

Hi hi! I'm trying to look into peels, etc...so your post was very informative!! thank you!  biggrin.gif So, definitely let us know about your progress! Does doing this peel make you red? As in some peels, you can't really tell you've had it done, but with this TCA peel, how long before the redness subsides?  Oh and are you doing this for scars or overall skin condition? Thanks again!!!!

Arya

did you start right away with the 12.5% tca peel? i used to get these done at a medical spa but wanted to try them at home. i have used 40% & 50% glycolic at home but have never done the tca peels. is there anything i should know before doing one? thanks!!

Edited by Karen Howz