Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rush02

What a fool I was!

OK, so I made a post on here a while ago about these proactive body pads I bought, which I thought were responsible for my body acne clearing up....Then I realized after some trial and error testing that it wasn't the proactive, it was the lack of dairy that made me clear up...I had read some posts on this site about how some people react to dairy products by getting cystic acne...That was me I guess...In some form, I am lactose intolerant. I was really excited with this discovery because now i don't have to waste any more $$$ on meds and creams that don't really work anyways. I do miss my dairy once in a while(pizza and yogurt were some of my favs) but it's so worth it not to feel self conscious about my raging bacne. So try it folks...You are already wasting tons of money on an answer that could be right in front of you, free as the water we drink. At least I hope yours is free, mine is. Not to mention that dairy isn't so good for you anyways, it's just a bunch of media hype. So come on people, give yourselves a couple of solid weeks without ANY dairy and see what happens. I know it sounds hard but if I can do it, you can. I loved my dairy. I tried it the first time and then I re-introduced it to my diet and surprise, surprise the acne came back with a vengence. For more exciting success tales, try the holistic health section of this site, I know these methods don't work for everyone, but it's worth a shot and there are enough people to back this theory up. Good luck kids smile.gif

Guest Stu :-)
hmmm i think ill try that... but what if i have a piece of cheese every day.. is that too much dairy? and how bad was your bacne?

If you are lactose intolerant, it won't matter organic or not. But if it is the antibiotics/hormones in conventional dairy, then it might. I would recommend organic or none, but I get eczema when I eat dairy, organic or not.

I have found that if i slip up once in a while and eat something with dairy in it, it won't do too much damage. But so that you can really test it, cut it all out and then re-introduce things gradually so you can see what you can get away with. My bacne was painful and plentiful, just to give you an idea of how easy it was to notice the difference. I now do not have a single zit on my body. All I've got are scars wich are gradually fading. My face isn't 100% but it's pretty close. Well worth the discovery it's been about a month now without dairy and has been worth while enough that I'm willing to stick with it. I just wish my doctor would have mentioned that this was a possibility instead of being a medication pimp for all those years. Jeesh.

I have found that if i slip up once in a while and eat something with dairy in it, it won't do too much damage.