Find results in...
=kat=

Has acne made you a better person?

Has acne made you a better person  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Has acne made you a better person

• Yes
    • No

I used to be a complete bitch when i was first in high school, when i got acne all that was taken away from me , I lost all confidence and didn't want to do anything then i found people who didn't care about how i looked and suddenly being popular wasn't everything and all I was.

In a way i'm so grateful for my acne its made me a better person and so much more tolerent although hopefully it wont be there for much longer. I've made so many better friends who are people i actually want to spend time with

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Very true, without it I wouldnt be the person I am today, it taught me not to take someone by there apperance but by whats inside is what counts, it taught me yes that people do judge you on your apperance, it taught me a lot and made me a better kind helpful person that I am. cool.gif

cool its good to know that acne can be a good thing, after looking on the website i thought that no one felt the same

Guest OnlyJoe

i used to be a good guy, acne turned me bitter.

Acne is only a temporary solution to the evil side of your personality. Once acne is gone, you'll be the person you were before you had acne.

Not true at all, I am lucky if you saw me in the street you wouldn't know i had acne (its severe on my chest). i've had it for five years now and have no intention of changing how i am now back to being the school bitch

No it hasn't.

I was a kind-hearted person before I had acne, if that's what you're getting at.

Acne only made me withdraw further, no good has come of it.

if u were a kind hearted person surely that can't have changed?

maybe it only helps apparently 'evil' people like me

sorry melchior that wasn't aimed at you someone else called me evil, think everyone gets lonely sometimes, u can talk to me promise i'll be nice wink.gif

Sure, acne has made me more sensitive and kind I guess. Before my face went downhill I was typical brash little 11 year old kid who often or not acted like a little idiot sometimes. Yeh that changed, I became quiet and timid and more nicer to everyone. Some people dont recognise me.

But maybe we're nice because we want to be accepted and not hated. We are acting out of preserving ourselves.

But I understand where Melchoir and onlyjoe are getting at. Its done a lot more good then bad. A burden it is.

Guest Shjaker

It depends how you look at it...

If you mean, has it rid me of being shallow and superficial, judging people solely on their looks, learning not to take things [like clear skin] for granted.. then yes.

If you look at it as it's made me a depressed person, who has become a social hermit to the world, rarely wants to meet new people, and has difficulty looking people in the eye.. I wouldnt call all that becoming a better person.

Acne has definitely put things into perspective for me, and made me such a more confident person- realising things matter and life and that it shouldn't be wasted, just want to help everybody with everything now!

Goodness comes out of suffering!

Godbless

Guest Brandon
It has made me more compasionate, but it also makes me more irritable and anti-social.

I used to be a real ass whole i made fun of other people ever since i got acne i regret doing that, it has changed me alot some good and some bad it has weakened me alot i cant even look at some one straight in the eyes any more or keep my head up in class all i got to say it does change you

Everyone has a point here. Perhaps if I didn't personally go through the emotional turmoil because of acne, I wouldn't have been so compassionate. But then again, my confidence just went down the drain. In a way, it's flattering to know that some of the opposite sex thinks your attractive even with acne but it hurts to know that you don't think so yourself. So I guess there's a good/bad side to everything

I think that it's made me think more about how people are on the inside vs outside, and to not get hungup on certain physical features.

But man does it kill me. I can't stand looking in the mirror and I hate going out in public with it. TMLGirl hit the nail right on the head.

I also seem to have a man period....when my acne looks bad.

Yeah acne has its POSITIVE SIDE. Makes me a better, stronger person. Everyday I'd tell my self is just another day, just fuck what people say and keep it going. I believe I am one of the strongests persons alive. I don't need drugs, alcohol or anything to heal my pain nor my stress. If it wasn't for acne, I wound't be the person, the man I am right now. biggrin.gif