Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josefine

1 1/2 week on Regimen

Hi,

I am on the Regimen for 1 1/2 weeks now and since yesterday my skin is really red and tight. I cant open my mouth properly anymore, so cant really eat etc...

Has anybody experiences with this ? Whats the best thing to do ?

I hope this will go by eventually...its just really frustrating !!

Any help ?

Thanks smile.gif

J

Sounds like you need to lower the dosage a little. I have very sensitive skin and mine was hurting on the second day I started.Felt almost like a double sunburn on my face. I have read many posts about being very dry and most say lower the dosage until you build a tolerance. I skipped just 1 day and my skin isn't so red and tight. But, It is very clear and looks good.

I was the same, had to stop wait a couple of days, my skin then flaked off but the moisture came back - think my cheeks and lower lip area are used to it now but upper lip is sore and drying. Use a minimum and *slowly* build up

I asked this before with no luck. I will be starting the Regimen in a couple days (yay). But about a month ago, I was using Oxy10 face wash and smearing Oxy10 Vanishing cream all over my face. You can't imagine what my face felt like at first. LOL. I had to moisturize at least 5-10 times a day and I was still in a lot of pain. I developed a somewhat tolerance of it, and that was about a month ago. I stopped it, and was wondering if I could use maybe half a finger to start with? Or should I just stick to the suggested amount?

Thanks a million. I already skipped 2 days and its not getting better. Will wait, maybe I am also using the wrong moisturizer ??

J

Thanks a million. I already skipped 2 days and its not getting better. Will wait, maybe I am also using the wrong moisturizer ??

J

Try the Cetaphil moisturizer. Might make your face a tad shiney (for 15-20 min after application) but will keep your skin moisturized for a LONG time. I found it to be a life saver in the early stages of the BP "break-in" period.

Here's a link:

http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=11

Also...make sure you are using one of the recommended BP gels. e.g. 2.5% BP. The brand matters I'm afraid, I found "Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment" worked well, and Dan's BP Gel worked the best (by far!). 10% BP will kill your skin on this regimen so don't even try it. The Neutrogena stuff is expensive, so I'd go order a couple tubes of Dan's BP and while you are waiting for the shipment buy a couple tubes of the Neutrogena to tide you over.

I have really sensitive skin and the regimen really irritated my skin at first, after about a month, you'll get used to it, but for now, try dropping the BP use to only once a day, and put on TONS of moisturizer morning and night. For a while I was doing it in the morning, the afternoon and night, so i was one seriously moist person lol.