Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So ill get to the chase im at school and basically in all my classes i put my head down so no one can see me and i dont talk to any one, any who today during lunch a couple of people i have for math who i used to talk to (back when i had semi clear face) ask me why i dont hang around with them, why am i so quiet, ect i didnt know what to say they werent being mean to me they wanted me to hang around with them but my confidence is so shot down i just made a lam ass excuse that i was interested in reading this book. what would you guys do?

Hang out with them and have a good time, they obviously like you for who you are not for what you look like (not that they even give a shit about what you look like).

You are going to realize bro... that the people that really matter in your life... don't care about your complexion or what ever you are insecure about. They like you, for you. Acne doesn't define the person.

Personality goes a lot farther than you might think...

yeah but i reallly want to hang out with them and be me i dont know why i just can my confidence is to low to go over there and hang out with them there not mean people they never made a comment about my face its just when i see every one with clear skin i freak out i cant take it thnx for replying guys

dude, just be funny....I was always quiet, and would never talk to friends at lunch and stuff. I went out tonite with girls I dont even know, and we had a kickass time just because I kept doing funny shit.

Funny = good

its not horrible....flaired up recently since ive switched to mainly SA....but its going down. I mainly have it on my chin, and between my eyebrows....if your funny, they wont pay attention to that. As of late, ive been very hyper, and outgoing....dont know why, but its hilarious.

When I was riding with those girls, I went up to this kid I didnt even know, said "hey cutieee" and smacked his ass....he just stared at me as I rode off. Id never do that before, but ive become more outgoing, and im not as "shy" anymore biggrin.gif Try being more outgoing, and speak up....try to start off a conversation instead of being the one chiming in.

Good luck bro.

shock.gif umm ok

But it feels like im breaking out day after day or a couple of days, i have tons of red marks,purple, really bad marks, the dr gave me benzaclin and some other med i use, i hope it works i dont see any improvements yet but itsonly been 1week well have fun im goign to hit the hay night

yeah but i reallly want to hang out with them and be me i dont know why i just can my confidence is to low to go over there and hang out with them there not mean people they never made a comment about my face its just when i see every one with clear skin i freak out i cant take it thnx for replying guys

Oh, on a side note, I've had acne since I was about 11, anyway, I started dating this guy when I was around your age, at the time he had perfectly clear skin, he never mentioned my skin at all, I don't even think once. Then a few years later he broke out worse than I ever did. It happens to a lot of people don't let people having clear skin keep you from being their friend or freak you out.

Oh, on a side note, I've had acne since I was about 11, anyway, I started dating this guy when I was around your age, at the time he had perfectly clear skin, he never mentioned my skin at all, I don't even think once.  Then a few years later he broke out worse than I ever did.  It happens to a lot of people don't let people having clear skin keep you from being their friend or freak you out.

15 yr old...

I used to make up excuses all the time for avoiding being around people. When I was your age (I'm 21 now) I would avoid social situations like the plague, I would even miss days off school if things got really bad. A couple of really cruel comments from kids at school totally devastated my confidence at that time and I just became an almost total recluse, forcing myself to go to lessons but never speaking out in class and avoiding talking face to face with anyone. sad.gif

Things didn't get much better when I was 18 and my friends (I actually had friends even though I avoided people as much as possible!) kept inviting me out at weekends. I would make up excuses like 'I haven't got enough money', 'I have to babysit for my little sister', 'I'm too ill', 'I'm going to my dad's this weekend', etc. sad.gif

Two summers ago, when I was 20, I started a course of accutane. People would still invite me out but this time I got fed up of making up lame excuses and just told them that my skin was too bad, I had no confidence and didn't want to go out until my skin had cleared up. Throughout my life, my freinds never once mentioned my bad skin, but it still took a lot to admit to my friends how I felt about my skin. About 4 months later I was clear for the first time since I was 15 and started going out regularly, making loads of new friends. eusa_dance.gif

Then my skin got bad a few months later and now, a year on, I still have acne. When it got particularly bad this year, I used football as an excuse not to go out. 'I've got a match tomorrow so I have to be 100% fit'. My new teammates kept asking me if I wanted to go out with them at weekends but I started using the old excuses again, like 'I can't afford it' but then just before Christmas, I told them the real reason why I didn't want to go out: 'I don't want to go out until my skin's cleared up. There's no point in me going out because I have no confidence and I'm stifling my personality because of it. It's depressing but hopefully I'll be ready in a few weeks.'

I joined the club in June, nobody has ever mentioned my skin and since I told them my reasons for not going out they've been great about it. They seem to not take a blind bit of notice about how I look and still invite me out at weekends. I just tell them I'm still not ready and they're like 'you look fine, your face has cleared up since last week'. It's a real boost to me. smile.gif

Football's my only escape from acne because I can forget I've got it and just concentrate on playing. Only when i'm clear will I be able to blissfully go shopping, and do "normal" everyday things without worrying what I look like.

Anyway, the main point I'm getting at is that people who want to talk to you, really want to talk to you. As acne sufferers, we feel that we aren't good enough to be around clear skinned people, or are too scared to be around them. The truth is that people like you for who you are, not what you look like. They want to be your friends.

So, 15yr old, hang out with these people. smile.gif

You are going to realize bro... that the people that really matter in your life... don't care about your complexion or what ever you are insecure about.  They like you, for you.  Acne doesn't define the person. 

Personality goes a lot farther than you might think...