Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cindy

Has anyone tried ortho-cyclen??

has anyone tried just plain old ortho-cyclen for balancing hormones and supressing androgen production? It has a high estrogen content which is supposed to be good.......

anyone have any experience with it?? all your help is appreciated.......PLEASE!!!!!

I have been on Ortho Cyclen for almost 3 weeks..they switched me because the Ortho TriCyclen Lo had me spotting like CRAZY. Before that , I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen for many years, which I think helped my acne a bit. So far on the OrthoCyclen I haven't had any acne related problems...hopefully it will work to regulate my hormones and keep the acne under control. Hormone content wise, I've heard its supposed to help. Its just different from TriCylcen in that its monophasic, meaning the level of progesterone stays the same through out the month instead of varying among the three weeks. The level of estrogen in both is the same.

I'll keep you updated on my results with it....

thanks kitkat.........I can't wait until my next cycle to start it.......I'll keep posted as well. I just hope it doesn't make my skin worse....god that would suck.

The regular one worked for my acne, too, however, it screwed up my cycle (I had periods twice a month) and caused severe headaches.

I'm on Ortho Lo and although it's not proven to treat acne, I'm not having those side effects.

I have been on Ortho Cyclen for almost 3 weeks..they switched me because the Ortho TriCyclen Lo had me spotting like CRAZY. Before that , I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen for many years, which I think helped my acne a bit. So far on the OrthoCyclen I haven't had any acne related problems...hopefully it will work to regulate my hormones and keep the acne under control. Hormone content wise, I've heard its supposed to help. Its just different from TriCylcen in that its monophasic, meaning the level of progesterone stays the same through out the month instead of varying among the three weeks. The level of estrogen in both is the same.

I'll keep you updated on my results with it....

I havent had any breakouts since May while on Ortho Cyclen, but I also ended up going on antiobiotics in January as well, so Im not sure if it was one or both of them that did the trick. Lately, though Ive been really slipping on taking the antiobiotics and I havent had any break outs, so Im guesing the O Cyclen has my hormones back in check and balanced, which I know caused the whole mess in the first place..

So bottom line, I would reccommend it, but it did take over six months I think for it to really take effect...

I started ortho cyclen three weeks ago and have had horrible nightmarish breakouts (not to scare anyone!). I'm totally at a loss! It's like i've broken out in a rash of zits and little pimples. I keep telling myself that this is just a hellish initial breakout, but I can't believe it would be THIS BAD!! I've stopped leaving the house and had strangers talk to me about what i can do for my "blemished" skin. What a nightmare!

I am confused, too, because about three years ago i went on ortho TRI cyclen and it cleared my skin up wonderfully -- and from the get-go. I had no initial breakouts whatsoever. I wonder if the lower progesterone content in the first two weeks is better for acne sufferers than the higher dose in the third week -- the dose that regular ortho cyclen maintains all month.

Has anyone suffered through horrible initial breakouts to realize eventual beautiful results? I need sources of hope to hang on!! And the pill has helped with my hormonal pms shit, so i'm like what do i DO?? How does one "sit tight" !??