Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helidude20

How long does BP last ?

I just received my BP gel in the mail a week or so ago and have one question. How long does it last ? For example, I don't have bad acne but, I ALWAYS have 3 or 4 on my face at all times. I have been using BP gel for a week and my face is getting very dry. I moisturize every 3 hrs because it hurts. I believe I am using to much and will adjust to see if it corrects the problem. My face feels better after I rinse it off. If I put BP on my face at 7:30 in the morning is it really still working at 7PM ? or can I rinse my face off and let it rest before I reapply BP at night ?

If in fact it last only 5 to 6 hours is there any benefit to keeping it on your face past that point? I think it would be better just to come home after work (school) and just rinse. NOT scrub or clean but, just rinse your face to give it a break from the BP. I see a few views on this post anybody who just wants to commit on what I am thinking would be great.

i heard that you should stay away from getting water on your face if you're not washing. if your face is really dry, stop a while and take donw your dosage. my face got very very and flaky at first so i stopped using BP for about three days and when i started again i used less. haven't had a problem since.

Spicychicken, That is what I have planned to do. Looking over a few post here I just think I am using to much BP. That damn BP gel is just so easy to apply that you really don't think about it. With the cream you have to rub it in so you have a feel as to how much you really use. I am not so dry that I am flaking everywhere but, I am heading in that direction. I have heard many people talking about pea size amounts ? I have very sensitive skin and doesn't take much to upset it. Also, it appears sometimes that my skin gets an orange tint to it after applying BP and Moisturizer? anyone heard of that ? Thanks everyone for your help

If in fact it last only 5 to 6 hours is there any benefit to keeping it on your face past that point? I think it would be better just to come home after work (school) and just rinse. NOT scrub or clean but, just rinse your face to give it a break from the BP. I see a few views on this post anybody who just wants to commit on what I am thinking would be great.

Might not be a very good thing since when you do get your face wet it attracts more dirt and oils, giving it more of a chance to soak into your pores deeper..

Eg. Throw some dirt on some water see how fast it turns into mud, throw dirt on dirt it just stays as dirt.. which one sounds better to have on your face? Dirt or Mud? The dirt. Why? Because when it turns into mud it can sink into the ground better.. (Better for soil, but change soil with your actuall skin then you'll get my point)