Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cindy

so apparently, my parents know my skin is bad

I got off the phone with my mom today, and she was like, "are you still going tanning?" and I'm like, well I have been, but I'm cancelling my membership because its too expensive....

and she's like...."your dad was really upset that you were wasting money like that- but I told him you were probably doing it for your skin.......and he said "her skin isn't THAT bad".......but then she told him that "well it can get quite bad at times".........

HOW COULD THEY HAVE SEEN ME SUFFER FOR SUCH A LONG FUCKING TIME AND NOT DO A FUCKING THING!!!! I had to go find a derm for myself, and nothing ever worked from them....at least not permanently. So now I'm trying bp and ortho cyclen, but it doesn't look good thus far. I hate my parents.

If they only knew how much thid damn disease has affected me, if they only knew how many times I cried my self to sleep- all the nights I picked at my skin for hours, to the point where I had abrasions on my face that scarred forever. If they only knew what I looked like without makeup. They've never seen me without foundation since I was like 11 and I didn't have a single blemish. So I've been dealing with this fucking disease for 8 years, and they have never even tried to help me. THEY'VE NEVER EVEN SAID ANYTHING OR EVEN DISCUSSED HELPING ME IN ANY FUCKING WAY. I hate them. I think I might just resent them forever, because having acne has made my life a prison that I can't ever seem to escape. I can't even leave my room without makeup. I FUCKING HATE THIS.!!!!!!!!!!!

i know how you feel, my parents never cared, but they never thought of acne as a big problem.

try leaving your room without makeup, it ain't half bad?

Byz

most of us know how you feels.. if i walk around the house with my hair messed up and not covering my acne i get "OMG POP THAT, OH MY GOD".. its terrible

people just dont know.. its hard talking to them, i have tried, with no results.. so i wont tell u to talk to them..

polka, it is easier said than done, i dont wear makeup cuz im a guy.. but i wont leave if my hair is messed up and not covering my scars..

I know how you feel, my parents are the same and will always be the same, they knew how upset i used 2 be when my acne got real bad , and they just said leave it alone, it will go away one day. mad.gif

no-one in my family has ever seen me without makeup since i was around 14, and now i'm 17, and my marks are real real bad, and i hate them for not telling me to go to a derm, i didn't even know what that was until i was like 16 lolz and it was too late by then i guess, acne tookover.

sure.. BLAME THE PARENTS!!

but you know what? if they told you to go see a derm, you would be saying right now:

" my parents are so insensitive! they pay so much attention to the way I look, and I feel bad about myself because of that! "

please..

yes, but sometimes they say stuff anyway about how bad my breakouts are so they must be paying attention anyway.

if it bothers you so much you should (should have) tell/told them. then if they still don't do anything to support you or to help then you have a legitamate beef. they may not know how much it affects you and the reason they never mention it is most likely because they didn't want to make you feel insecure.

i told my parents it bothered me and like 2days later my mom emails me telling me all the treatments she had researched and different derms in my area that I could go to (im @ college). you probably neglected to communicate how much it bothers you to them

yea try talking to anyone bout it with the confidence levels u get with acne and redmarks, ive gave my parents hints before and their just retarded.. wza it aint that easy

yeah, my parents already know I'm insecure about my appearance, because I get super hurt if anyone says anything bad about it.......like even stupid things like "you have too much powder on"

if they only knew what I looked like without the foundation and powder......so yeah, I'm actually really kind of clearing up a little with the help of 2.5 percent bp......which is strange because it has never worked for me before- so I guess I'll stick to it because I can't afford anything else!!!!

yea try talking to anyone bout it with the confidence levels u get with acne and redmarks, ive gave my parents hints before and their just retarded.. wza it aint that easy

My parents are the closest people to me in my life. I can talk to them about anything; I know that they mean me no harm, so even if they make an offensive comment about me, I don't care, because I know they're trying to help. The same way, I can talk to my parents about their problems, and they don't get offended, because if I don't tell them, then who will?

The older I get, the more I realize that "adults" are no different from kids. I'm 19 now and I thought that by the age of 20 I'd be a different person, but I'm still myself. I'm not the "responsible adult" I expected myself to be when I was a kid.

Parents are people just like their children. They make mistakes, and try to do the best they can. Like anyone else, they're wrong 50% of the time, so forgive them for being human, and move on.

I understand your guy's frustration with your parents not taking you to a derm., unfortunately I had no insurance, but my Dad paid out of pocket for a number of derms and billions of prescriptions. Nothing worked for me!!! My mother would and still does make insensitive remarks about my skin, although it has been rather clear for the past 3 yrs. or so, at least not as bad as it was since a doc. finally put me on Accutane at age 19, after I was already scarred up, all over my cheeks and temples. I've hidden behind a thick layer of makeup since is was about 11 or 12 to avoid their remarks about my acne too.

Guest Shjaker
they knew how upset i used 2 be when my acne got real bad , and they just said leave it alone, it will go away one day.

damn Shjaker that sucks bro, i usually get "99% of all kids have ACNE, DEAL WITH IT"

Everytime I ask my mom to pleeease for God's sake get me something for my skin because I feel so bad and can just feel my self esteem dropping below ground level, she says that EXACT thing!! " eusa_naughty.gif You'll grow out of it.. it'll go away.. your hormones are raging"

Everytime I ask my mom to pleeease for God's sake get me something for my skin because I feel so bad and can just feel my self esteem dropping below ground level, she says that EXACT thing!! " eusa_naughty.gif You'll grow out of it.. it'll go away.. your hormones are raging"

Woman!! I dont CARE!!! I want to deal with it and prevent it NOW while its happening UNTIL IT GOES AWAY when my "HORMONES" stop raging!!!

>ASDskjdhgjfjgsjfgkfdgsdfg

So frustrating sometimes.

Guest Shjaker
Here's an idea.. Do everything yourself! Why do you need your mom to agree with everything?

Guest Shjaker
I would show your parents the gallery from this sight, honestly, show them the pictures of those people suffering from scars.  They need to see that that could happen, my face was all scarred up by age 19.  Scars are much more difficult to deal with for the rest of your life than acne.

you might want to call your family doctor and ask him/her to explain your feelings to your mom. If that doesn't work, or you don't have a doctor, talk to a school counselor and arrange a session where your mom is present. There are plenty of ways.

Guest Shjaker
you might want to call your family doctor and ask him/her to explain your feelings to your mom. If that doesn't work, or you don't have a doctor, talk to a school counselor and arrange a session where your mom is present. There are plenty of ways.

So you would go back to the counselor and tell him/her what your mom said to you at home; then they would probably recommend family therapy or something. No offence to your mom, but sounds like she, as well as you, could benefit from a little therapy, to learn how to communicate better. Keep pressing on until you get what you want/need. If she ever decides to punish you, you should call child protective services. Your case would be completely justified, because your mom is refusing you medical treatment. There will be no serious concequences, but your mom will respect you more, once she finds out that you're not helpless.