Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saltyham

punch excision

[attachmentid=268]I had a punch done on an icepick scar 1 week ago, and I had 2 stitches. Now it seems like the skin has pulled through the stitches and has become much larger. I have a scab now and I am really worried as to how this thing is going to heal. I have no other noticable acne scars on my face and this thing is right smack dab in between my eyes. Any advice would be fantastic. Also, I have been getting large cysts all over my face. This has come out of nowhere! I am a 31 yr old female, and I just started ortho tricyclen-lo. I thought the pill was supposed to help?? Anyone know whats goin on?? help...

post-19312-1105661049_thumb.jpg

post-19312-1105661049_thumb.jpg

The Dr said it looks good and we will just have to wait and see how it heals, but I am so worried that its going to come out looking worse. I thought haveing it stitched it would heal into a nice line but its more like a bigger hole. Have you ever had this done??

The Dr said it looks good and we will just have to wait and see how it heals, but I am so worried that its going to come out looking worse.  I thought haveing it stitched it would heal into a nice line but its more like a bigger hole.  Have you ever had this done??

Salty, I had six punch excisions done in June. Five of them came out great. I had one that started out as a bottomless pit/pore. When it healed it was wider but had a bottom. After two months, I went back and the doctor excised it again at no charge. He told me that sometimes if the pit is really deep they do not heal as well. He went deeper on the revision and it came out as an indented line. I am currently treating it with TCA CROSS. It is an improvement. Don't despair. Good Luck!

I don't know anything first hand about punch, but I do know a bit about acne. They say you can break out the first three cycles. I have heard that OTC Lo doesn't work for a lot of people. You should have your hormone levels checked, especially since you are 31. I know how you feel, I am 34 and am on accutane. sad.gif

I don't know anything first hand about punch, but I do know a bit about acne.  They say you can break out the first three cycles. I have heard that OTC Lo doesn't work for a lot of people. You should have your hormone levels checked, especially since you are 31. I know how you feel, I am 34 and am on accutane. sad.gif

a few years ago i was on regular otc and it helped alot.  I am going back to the derm. today.  Hopefully she will restitch this thing.  The worst part is, I did this to myself.  Had I not been so vain in the first place, it wouldnt look this way.

get plenty of protein, take some Vitamin C. be careful what you put on it, if anything. and emmanuel is right don't think that way. good luck.