Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Shjaker

Trip to optometrists office

Guest Shjaker

I went to the optometrist today, and boy howdy.. there was mirrors EVERYWHERE. The lights picked up every one of my flaws.. ya know, those lights we like to complain about at school?... I was forced to sit 2cm away from the mirror! Practicing putting contacts in and out of my eyes THREE TIMES. The first time each took me about 10-15 minutes.. I mean 10-15 minutes PER EYE, taking them out, then another 10-15 minutes PER EYE putting them back in.. Staring at myself.. Staring at my zits.. I felt like crying.. I was getting so discouraged I started asking my mom to take me home... I felt like crying so bad...

I never want to see myself up that close or clear [damn contacts] ever again....

Never again...

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

I might as well just face it.

Im going to be ugly forever.

f*cking light and mirrors at doctor's offices!! evil.gif

awww hun, i'm sorry you felt that awful. sad.gif I sincerely doubt you're ugly. We're so hard on ourselves. *sigh* sad.gif

I've been there, believe me. mad.gif

!!!!!hugs for you!!!!! wub.gif

dude, you're not ugly. you're the total opposite of ugly. i saw those pics of you that you posted and even though you say you look ok because they're webcam pics, you're still pretty. a webcam isn't going to make you look pretty if you're not. it might hide zits, but it's not going to make you look pretty. point being, you're a beautiful girl!!! look at your gorgeous eyes and lips. acne isn't going to make you ugly. i know you feel ugly because of it, but acne shmacne. you're still a gorgeous chicky. enjoy it, babe. plus, you have awesome hair!

dude, you're not ugly.  you're the total opposite of ugly.  i saw those pics of you that you posted and even though you say you look ok because they're webcam pics, you're still pretty.  a webcam isn't going to make you look pretty if you're not.  it might hide zits, but it's not going to make you look pretty.  point being, you're a beautiful girl!!!  look at your gorgeous eyes and lips.  acne isn't going to make you ugly.  i know you feel ugly because of it, but acne shmacne.  you're still a gorgeous chicky.  enjoy it, babe.  plus, you have awesome hair!

those trips to the eyedoctor were always pretty shady like that for me too... the doc always asks if your on medication though, and I said accutane so that sort of settled everything and made it a more comfortable environment cuz the doc knew I was getting help.

but your right about those magnified mirrors, makes anyone look terrible

i know what you mean, i had to try out glasses in those mirrors, I took the first damn one I wore and got outta there!

Anyway. I know how you feel. Your acne will go away, unless you had it ultra severe for 8 years like me and others, you'll be fine?

Believe me, people do see behind your acne, give people credit, they arn't half bad. you are pretty with or without acne, yeh?

chow

hey wait a minute dudete, you had that cute lookin piccy posted up in a thread the other day. You're very pretty, don't let acne make you think otherwise ok?

Guest Zitro

please don't call yourself ugly, because nobody in this world thinks that.

but you are right about the magnified mirrors, I don't like them one bit because my numerous smal whiteheads are noticeable in them.

I too hate the opticians! The lights in there are so bright and the optician is often very close to your face and I find it humiliating going there. The hairdressers is pretty bad as well, especially when they cut your fringe and they are literally face to face with you

I have similar experiences at the dentists office. And I always get the young female mid 20s -30s dentists too, it feels so bad I always wonder what they are thinking so close to my face. I always feel like apologizing after those sessions, but of course that would just draw attention...

Guest Euler
I might as well just face it.

Im going to be ugly forever.