Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Creative ways of dealing with stress?

College, parents, grandparents, work, friends.. everyone expects something from me. I have to be the child, friend, student.. sometimes I just want to be myself, with no other obligations.

What are good ways to have "me time?"

Sometimes I take a walk, meditate, go to the sauna, do a breathing exercise, listen to jazz...

any other interesting ways to relax?

I often drink green tea as it has Theanine which is an amino acid which has tranquilizing effect on the brain for anti-stress.

Tom

Not "interesting" I guess, but I play video games and listen to classical music to relieve stress. eusa_angel.gif

*puts on Svetlana Stanceva - Piano Sonata No. 11*

I work out and think it is a great way to relieve stress. I also listen to music, mainly heavy metal, drink and have recently become addicted to watching American Chopper the series. Surfing the net too.

Guest Keeley

Trampolining! when I'm really stressed, I just end up doing loads of somersaults, for some odd reason that makes me feel much better! Another thing that I do, is take a sticker, write on it what is stressing me out, stick it to the bottom of my shoe, then go for a 5 mile run. From my experience the "stress" doesnt last more than 2 and half miles! I just run the rest cos I'm a fitness freak!!!!

hope that helps!

keeley

Sport is def the way to go doesn't matter what it is - nothing makes be feel better than going ice skatiing whether i'm playing hockey or just speeding on an almost empty rink with good tunes playing

Guest Keeley

ooooooooooooh ice skating is a good one! definately good sport to take up!!!

Guest Keeley
yeah it really cool and not that hard to learn if u keep at it u in uk?

Guest Keeley
cool would say if your ever in oxford come along to the ice rink ever played ice hockey

i know some of them are much nicer aswell i am gutted thought cardiff would be good when i got here but its not at all. was at invicta last saturday theirs was a bit better, ever been to tower parks in poole. Amazing two levels just too many lttle shits digging thiers picks in to get to the top level. R u a figure skater then?

Guest Keeley
i know some of them are much nicer aswell i am gutted thought cardiff would be good when i got here but its not at all. was at invicta last saturday theirs was a bit better, ever been to tower parks in poole. Amazing two levels just too many lttle shits digging thiers picks in to get to the top level. R u a figure skater then?

Guest Keeley

oh just forgot to mention, I aint been to poole!

u should go?

i love trampoling as well cant do enough as i would like though, got my first coaching exam next week any tips?

i'm shitting myself not only do i want it it counts towards some of my uni grade gutted

Watch tv and drink green tea to relax.

To kill stress, run as fast and as long as you can and see where you end up. Don't stop until you almost die. Once you're almost dead, turn around and run back. Die on your bed when you get home.

Guest Keeley
u should go?

i love trampoling as well cant do enough as i would like though, got my first coaching exam next week any tips?

i'm shitting myself not only do i want it it counts towards some of my uni grade gutted

I snowboard till I'm blue in the face. In fact, I should be getting off to the MT here in about a half hour. Best thing in the world; nothing else has helped me more.

cheers for you help and yes we have got lots of children from the local school coming up, i'm doing sports science at uwic in cardiff its a cool course what do u do?

Guest Keeley
cheers for you help and yes we have got lots of children from the local school coming up, i'm doing sports science at uwic in cardiff its a cool course what do u do?

I snowboard by myself, and drum....ive been drumming for almost 6 years, and its really helped. Snowboard by yourself is nice because its just you and the snow, dont need to worry about anything other than doing what you love...

I play counter strike: source lol, and fragging razz.gif  gets all my stress out lol, also a nice cup of tea or coffee with it helps.