Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really need your help guys. I've been wanting to buy a foundation to hide my red marks. I have LOTS of them. sad.gif They're scattered all over my face so it's not so easy to cover them up. Plus the fact that I'm just simply bad at putting on make up. I didn't really put on make up when I was clear before.

I'm using Clinique's Super Balanced makeup right now but it doesn't give me enough coverage. You could very well see the marks still.

I don't have a lot of bumps anymore so what I'm looking for is something that's good to cover red marks.

Thanks for any help.

Hi pinay! You'll get loads of advice here lol But let me be the first to chip in biggrin.gif

I LOVE aromaleigh mineral make-up.

When my red marks were at their worse, I used the pure cover powder, for heavy coverage.

I used it on my entire face with a large make-up brush. And then with a smaller brush like this one, I applied some extra pure cover powder to whatever red marks were still noticeable.

Then sweep over the entire face again with the large brush, to even it all out.

Took me only minutes, and my red marks were no longer there! eusa_angel.gif

I have to agree with surewhatever. I've been using the aromaleigh pure cover for only about a week now, but I really like it. It is the only mineral makeup I've ever tried, so I'm waiting for some samples from some other co's too just to test them out. I'll say that it doesn't seem to cover my red marks better than liquid foundation. I think the coverage is about the same, BUT with the mineral m.u. you can't tell I'm wearing any makeup! Which is important to me. One thing I've realized over the past week wearing it is that I think it bothers me more to look like I'm wearing makeup than it does to just look like I have a few imperfections.

thnx for the replies.

I'm ready to but this. It says it's for full coverage and that's pretty much what I need.

I have a question though, since it's powder, would it rub off easily??

thnx for the replies.

I'm ready to but this. It says it's for full coverage and that's pretty much what I need.

I have a question though, since it's powder, would it rub off easily??

Hi Pinay,

Mineral cosmetics are great for covering red marks! There are even some companies who sell correction concealers, which are supposed to help cover blemishes by counteracting the color. (I think green or yellow/green is supposed to be good for redness). If you're looking for full coverage, try choosing a mineral foundation that lists Titanium Dioxide and/or Zinc Oxide as the first two ingredients. This ensures that you'll be using a foundation that has higher percentages of TD & ZO, both of which are the ingredients that give excellent coverage and sun protection.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks all. I'm buying the aromaleigh pure cover any minute now. I checked and it does have Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as the first two ingredients.

I hope I pick the right color.

pinay,

I posted this on another thread, but I'll tell you here too. I've had blotchy skin for years, even before I had acne. I've been using mineral makeup for a little over a week now and my skintone has completely evened out. It really is amazing. The makeup I was using must have been causing me the problems.

cjb,

Thanks for the info! I can't wait til my mineral makeup arrives, the mail man is taking too long!

behindyoureyes,

Which green concealer do you use? I bought one from Physician's Formula and I just can't get it to settle on my skin. It's way too green. My red spots are just replaced with green spots! Well applying foundation after covers up the greeness but the marks aren't completely covered still. eusa_wall.gif