Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

ISOLAGEN STOPPED

I saw Dr chu on 12/1/05 and i asked him why isolagen had been stopped in australia,is reply was,australia wants everyone to take an aids test before having isolagen done and they have asumed or found out that the biggest majority would refuse to take the test,this is why they have stopped the isolagen.

If anyone knows any different please could you let us know otherwise.

I can't remember if i read something on this site about Dr chu not doing isolagen or not doing it on the NHS,i would like to put it right that he his still doing isolagen and he his also doing mine on the NHS.

I can't remember if i read something on this site about Dr chu not doing isolagen or not doing it on the NHS,i would like to put it right that he his still doing isolagen and he his also doing mine on the NHS.

I agree if that is the case it is extremely frustrating for you Rupert - you should talk to Dr Chu and if he IS doing it on the NHS, demand your money back.

Sam, I have rung the dermatology department at Hammersmith Hospital and they wanted me to say here and now that NHS patienst will NOT have isolagen for free. The only time this has ever happened was when Dr Chu first started isolagen and the first 20 or so patients got it free on a budget given from isolagen. Those days are long gone.

I'll wait until Tuesday though to confirm with Dr Chu if this is true or not before I pass judgement.

It makes sense. Why on Earth would the NHS spend £000s on cosmetic injectables like isolagen when they have people dieing on long waiting lists for serious operations?

I am pissed. I have my first isolagen injection on Tuesday with Chewy and I will verify if what you say is true about people getting isolagen free on the NHS.  If it is I will be  evil.gif

Why should I be angry that you get it free whilst I am now £2500 poorer?

Reasons

1) It was an NHS dermatologist who caused me to be scarred in the first place. Whilst on roaccutane every single spot on treatment scarred horrrendously. Given the fact that this is the only scarring I have and the photographic evidence to prove it, Dr Chu wholeheartedly agrees with me. If there is one person who deserves to have the NHS pay for isolagen then it is me.

2) My scarring is easily severe enough to merit the NHS paying for it

I'm going to ask if I go on 6 month NHS waiting list if that means I can have isolagen injections 4 and 5 on the NHS.

So thanx for the info Sam. I'm going to have it out on Tuesday. i think a 6 month wait on the NHS would have been worth £2500 somehow.

Grrrrrr!!!!!

Thanks Sam for your replies and I apologise for my irate tone, though as you can see this is not aimed at you but the NHS.

Very, very interesting about primary care trust. I've heard about others doing similar. I reckon I couldv'e got it on PCT now when I think about it. However I will hold off for the moment. My reasoning being that I certainly don't think isolagen is the saving grace of acne scarring and I would much prefer to put my application in in say 10 years when modern science has reached a point where new technology offers much improved treatment for us.

As for

,i've tried to take my own life which i wish would have succeeded

Rupert,i'm from Castleford about 35 mile away from sheffield.

I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty,i know how frustrating it is when someone gets treatment free and others have to pay,every registered NHS patients should get treatments done free.

This is down to the government who say that acne scarring is cosmetic and because of this it's hard to get treatments done on the NHS.

I want to put this right,every GP surgery as it own PCT (primary care trust)so you have to have been granted it by the PCT board to have treatment done anywhere in the uk.

In other words you have to get PCT granted from your own GP surgery before you have treatment done at hammersmith hospital,this may be why hammersmith told you that NHS patients will not have isolagen done free,after all my PCT will be paying hammersmith hospital for the treatment.

If others,like yourself don't know about the PCT then how on earth are you going to get any treatment done on NHS.

The government love people who pay for treatments that can be done free on the PCT because they don't have to pay.

I think there should be a single thread devoted to letting registered NHS patients on this site know about the PCT.

We should let every registered NHS patient know what to do to try and get PCT so they can get treatment done free,the government may then recognise this as a seriouse disease that can disfigure peoples faces and lead to possible suicide if not treated.

Don't let any professional body fob u off with lies because they want us to believe anything they say so they don't have to pay.

When i first tried to get treatment done on the PCT (it was called GP funding in 2001)i found out my Dr lied to me,he told me there wasn't a GP funding,how dare a Dr lie to his patients,he should be struck off.

Anyway where here not to fall out but to help each other so good luck to all who gets treatment done on the PCT (in other words NHS)

Thanks Sam for your replies and I apologise for my irate tone, though as you can see this is not aimed at you but the NHS.

Very, very interesting about primary care trust. I've heard about others doing similar. I reckon I couldv'e got it on PCT now when I think about it. However I will hold off for the moment. My reasoning being that I certainly don't think isolagen is the saving grace of acne scarring and I would much prefer to put my application in in say 10 years when modern science has reached a point where new technology offers much improved treatment for us.

As for

You know no matter how bad things are, they can always get worse. This is a saying that I think is true. I thought my life was over with severe scarring straight after accutane. But then the long term accutane side effects started kicking in and I would have been happy to go back to being healthy but badly scarred.

If you ever feel like that again PM me. I live In Uk as well (Sheffield)  and I can relate. Talking of which on Tuesday I will be launching my isolagen website with my first after photo of straight after my first injection. I already have a series of before photos at the site which I have shown no mercy with. I will of course be posting the link here. My isolagen website will be updated with regular photos over the next year and any other procedures I have.

Later.