Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bimmer

FED UP!

Why didn't i find this site before? This is an AWESOME site!

anyways heres my story, ive had acne for the past 5 years, it use to be really bad but i guess i have found a way to control big break outs but i do get new pimples forming daily/weekly. Ive tried eevrything imaginable, the mythes of diet etc...

i have decided to follow this regimen, however i am not sure if it is going to be useful to me.

my face right now does not have much new pimples, if you look in certain lighting at certain angles with the light dimmed, it looks like i have a perfect smooth face.

but then in the daytime, say i look in a car mirror, you see my old acne scars and it just looks HORRIBLE. I guess I have really bad looking skin, and right now my main concern is clearing it the redmarks up to look perfect while still making sure no new pimples will pop out. Is the regimen for me?

Will the benzoyl peroxide/ moisturizer affect the recovery of my redmarks left behind from old pimples or should i be looking at other stuff to get rid of them?

thanks for the help!

Yea, you should spread BP all over your face unless you have like your forehead that has never broken out, then I wouldn't worry about it. Moisturizers are really important to some people and not as important to others. Moisturizers break me out, so I just let the flaking take place.

Yea, you should spread BP all over your face unless you have like your forehead that has never broken out, then I wouldn't worry about it. Moisturizers are really important to some people and not as important to others. Moisturizers break me out, so I just let the flaking take place.

hello bimmer! welcome to the board smile.gif

I was wondering....you say you only have red marks? I'm not sure if the regimen is necessary for you eusa_think.gif In all honesty, BP seems to prolong red marks in many people.

Would it be possible for you to post pictures of your skin? You can remove your eyes/etc. to be incognito if you don't feel comfortable. But I think that would be the best way for us to be able to tell if you should indeed go on the regimen. Especially if you don't really have any pimples.

Moisturizing while on the regimen is very important. BP will cause dryness and your skin will try to make up for it by producing more oil. Which equals more breakouts. So if you're going on the regimen, please moisturize!

Everyone here is really helpful, don't hesitate to ask for any help. wub.gif

hello bimmer!  welcome to the board  smile.gif

I was wondering....you say you only have red marks?  I'm not sure if the regimen is necessary for you  eusa_think.gif In all honesty, BP seems to prolong red marks in many people. 

Would it be possible for you to post pictures of your skin?  You can remove your eyes/etc. to be incognito if you don't feel comfortable.  But I think that would be the best way for us to be able to tell if you should indeed go on the regimen.  Especially if you don't really have any pimples. 

Moisturizing while on the regimen is very important.  BP will cause dryness and your skin will try to make up for it by producing more oil.  Which equals more breakouts.  So if you're going on the regimen, please moisturize!

Everyone here is really helpful, don't hesitate to ask for any help.  wub.gif

ok, red marks, and some pimples. I think maybe go ahead and give the regimen a try! Follow it exactly as Dan outlines, using a nice gentle cleanser (i love Cetaphil, but that's just my personal preference), 2.5% bp (start slowly and then more as your skin gets used to it), and moisturize! Twice a day and don't skip! smile.gif

I think first we should destroy the existing pimples! And then when you're all clear, you can try to take care of the red marks. Lots of helpful advice in the scar forum smile.gif

Good luck to you hun!! eusa_angel.gif

ok, red marks, and some pimples.  I think maybe go ahead and give the regimen a try!  Follow it exactly as Dan outlines, using a nice gentle cleanser (i love Cetaphil, but that's just my personal preference), 2.5% bp (start slowly and then more as your skin gets used to it), and moisturize!  Twice a day and don't skip!  smile.gif

I think first we should destroy the existing pimples! And then when you're all clear, you can try to take care of the red marks.  Lots of helpful advice in the scar forum  smile.gif

Good luck to you hun!!  eusa_angel.gif

oh hmm quickly read a few posts in that forum and it says do NOT use bp for redmarks because it just prolongs it....so i guess ill just use bp on the existing pimples..

there are so many natural products people are using to get rid of redmarks, but would you recommend any products i can by at a store? (preferably neutragena brand b/c where I live i don't have access to the other brands)

thanks!