Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Turnakit

It's not what you eat..it's how

i Have been on these boards for a couple years now. when i first started here i was getting huge cysts in my chin and mouth area, the rest of my skin was ok. i went pretty much crazy on these no sugar no carb diets for about 5 months and the problem was not going away. i finally came to the realization that this re occuring cyst were due to a digestion problem. At the time i was drinking a ton of water every day, with every meal. i think this was my main problem. I finally stop drinking anything with meals, and chewing slower allowing the saliva to break the food down... it was amazing at how fast these cyst stopped occuring. this past summer I ate everyything i wanted, including breads, candy, whatever. i just didn't drink with meals. i also ditched all my topicals that just seemed to agrivate things. i only washed my face in the shower with JUST WATER.i got probably one small cyst all summer, as compared to 5 a week.

i think this will work for only this certain type of cystic ane.

i am not telling anyone that this is the ultimate answer. just my experience

So what you're suggesting is DRINK WATER but just no with or immediately after meals right?? Seems reasonable and I've also heard it from another person actually that not drinking anything 2 hours before/after food helped them A LOT!! while drink a lot on other times.....

can be a bit hard to pull off if the time limit is 2 hours though considering we eat 3 times a day... so thats like 3x4=12 hours that we can't drink water... and 8 hours you sleep so then we have 4 hours in a day to drink 7-10 glasses of water.

what do you think about the time after meals?? Is it okay to start dirnking ONE hour after the meal?

how do you take pills then? I need to take them with at least a little food. And obviously with water. Do I take them with a little water while eating, or a little food while drinking?

I'm extremely skeptical about this whole thing, but I'll give it a try. Why the hell not.

try it teplo, this is no secret.. this works..

take tablets.. that u chew in ur mouth.. i got some that r 500mg of vitamin c..

u can have a little bit liquid, just dont drink like to please urself.. just drink to take the supplement

what pills? I thought the guy's point was that for digestive purposes do NOT drink with your meals or within one hour approximately... now we're talking about pills and other products again?

we're talking about how I'm taking pills, and I need to fit it into the eating / drinking, and other people like me, who need to take pills.

The bottom line is just don't stuff your face , barely chewing and than take a drink in between. i don't think you have to be that crazy about it . take your pill normaly and wait a couple minutes to eat. Oh yeah and eat a lot of vegies because they have a lot of enzymes that help break down food. So does yogurt.

Yeahh!!! I have been really suspecting that drinking too much or in bad timing cause acne for me. I have tried alot of things. Alot of strict diet experiment.. So I felt like I tried alot alot enough to leave it to only drinking theory or hypothesis.. So I tried this for last a month, my skin is getting better. So basically, I drink only I am thrist. Nothing more than that. I do drink milk before eating meal. Sometimes even wtih meal. Hmm. Just crave for it. But Basically, I keep drinking to minimum.

Now I am impressed and interested in how acne is caused by drinking in wrong time or whatever. Hmm.

I m happy you have brought this up. smile.gif

Yeah drink a ton of water before meals in no good. Wait at leat a 30min before eating after drinking a geart deal of water. And wait up to an hour after a meal before drink a great deal of water.

I tried the no eating/drinking at the same time thing for a few weeks. It was really effective after the first week (no new pimples at all), but then i eventually started getting acne anyway, so I stopped. It was also kind of a bitch to do.

And gotta watch your sodium intake because if you are eating high in sodium and low in potassium, it is easy to make you thrist. So, it will be easier to do this method if you dont eat high in sodium unless to have apple with the meal too. smile.gif because apple is high in potassium. Generally, all the fruits and vegetables are "potassium" food. Potassium and sodium are mineral. ok.