Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

How much downtime with a 100% tca cross?

i was thinking about having this done but i hear it scabs your face up.....how long until you can face the public again? im in school and i work so i really cant take too many days off

i was thinking about having this done but i hear it scabs your face up.....how long until you can face the public again? im in school and i work so i really cant take too many days off

If you do scab, it would be noticeable, but not particularly troublesome. If you're a teenager, (or will be interacting with any insane and excessively hostile meddling kids) some creative lying might be in order. Of course, it would be a most impressive act of bravery to simply tell your peers what you had done to your face and why, if they actually butted into your business in the first place. Either way, good luck

I did an aggressive treatment one time and I looked like I had chicken pox on about the third day. The scabs are thin and don't last long--I'd say a week is good for planning but also they don't appear until day three. If you are self treating, you could do a test spot to make sure you have the timing right. Good Luck!

I just had my third 100% TCA treatment last night on a couple dozen of pitted scar and few dozen scarred pores. This time, I got some really nice bamboo toothpicks which are strong and very sharp so the acid only stays in the pit and not the surrounding skin. I have redness today just inside the pit and I am able to go out with concealer on. Usually the redness will turn to brownish scab which will come off in about 5 days.

I just had my third 100% TCA treatment last night on a couple dozen of pitted scar and few dozen scarred pores. This time, I got some really nice bamboo toothpicks which are strong and very sharp so the acid only stays in the pit and not the surrounding skin.  I have redness today just inside the pit and I am able to go out with concealer on. Usually the redness will turn to brownish scab which will come off in about 5 days.

It won't damage the surrounding skin. When the scab comes off, the surrounding skin is fine just the pit pinkish.

If you do CROSS on ice picks, the scab is the size of the ice pick--very small. It's no big deal at all. Besides, the scab is thin and only lasts a couple days. I've done up to 10 or 15 ice picks at a time. If you do a bigger area, like a depression, the scab is obviously bigger. I wouldn't do more than 2 or 3 of those at a time if you have to be in public.