Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering....for those of you who have tried this, is there an initial breakout? I've been on birthcontrol for just over 2 years now, and it didn't help me out at all, so i'm gonna try diane. If there is an initial break out, do you think it will happen to me since i've already been on birthcontrol for so long? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

I've been on Diane twice but both times I started it, it was during my Accutane treatment. I'll tell you one thing, it did keep me crystal clear for 5 years, I mean no acne at all during this time. I only broke out after I stopped taking it. I hope this helps.

thanx for the response, but did you have an initial break out when u first started? And how long did it take you to start seeing results, and to get clear?

The thing is that I didn't experience an initial breakout on it because I was on Accutane at the same time. I got the initial breakout from Accutane, I believe, not Diane 35. It would be better to find out this info from someone who has taken Diane on its own without any other meds. Sorry, I wish I could help more.

This is my 5th week on Diane now. I didn't get an initial break out. My skin just got better and better (not right away) since I started taking it.

goodluck

I was on Dianette (Diane 35) for about 3 years, until my GP swapped my BCPs recently.

I don't remember having an initial breakout, but it's a long time ago, to remember..

Dianette never completely cleared my skin, though it did improve it. It works for some people and not for others.

Aside from the effects it has on acne, i never had any bad side effects from taking Dianette smile.gif

does anyone know which is better, diane 35 or accutane? i haven't been on either but hope to, and i would really appreciate to hear any experiences about which one is more effective or stronger, thanks

So am i right in thinking that Diane 35 WON'T make me have an initial break out? The reason i ask is because i'm going away in a month, and i don't want to be smack in the middle of the initial breakout (if there even is one). If anyone had one, please let me know. Thanks!

does anyone know which is better, diane 35 or accutane? i haven't been on either but hope to, and i would really appreciate to hear any experiences about which one is more effective or stronger, thanks

Diane 35/Dianette contains anti-androgens (which can help prevent acne) and is a hormonal treatment and a birth control pill.. sometimes good for treating hormonal acne, in women. It can pretty much have the same side effects as most birth control pills can have.

I'm not really sure how accutane works, as I've never taken it.. but basically, it's a retinoid and it inhibits sebaceous gland function, to prevent acne. But it also does alot of other things, with, what can be, some nasty side effects.

This website tells you more about accutane.. http://www.rocheusa.com/products/accutane/

There are lots of posts in here from people who know about accutane and it's side effects. Make sure you do alot of research on accutane, before you think about taking it.

But then.. it's always a good idea to do research on things that you're putting into, or onto your body..

Hiya. I've been on Dianette for over 3years now, I'm guessing its the same as diane-35? I didn't noticed any initial breakout, only because my skin felt bad anough at the time so I wouldn't of even noticed if it had. I have to say it was brilliant at clearing up the acne on my back, it was amazing. My back was awful, I never wore strap tops, went swimming or anything for so long and all of a sudden it just disappeared after about a month or two on the dianette.

My face however has been more stubborn. It has helped it clear up...and for a while I thought it had gone completely so I came off the dianette for about 2months and it flared up again sad.gif boo

But we're all different and 2 of my friends are on the same prescription and have had much more success.

It had helped my skin alot as its made my face alot less oily and I don't get swollen cyst spots anymore just annoying breakouts occasionally!

Dianette has helped alot but its not instant and you need to give it time...so hang in there!

Angie x x x eusa_angel.gif

Was on Triphasil for 4 years before Diane-35.

When I switched over to Diane I had a HUGE initial breakout!

Still broke out for the 3 years I stayed on Diane...

that one was not for me...

when off it....skin got clear