Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mermaid78

Corrins regimen log

DAYS 1-6

So I started using Dans regimen about 6 days ago. I have always had a lite case of acne since i was 12. 2-4 zits on my face at all times. but about 6 months ago (i am now 26) my chin and jaw exploded with a ton of zits it has cleared up a bit but i was desperate to clear this problem up so in desperation I went on google under acne and found this web site. I am preying that this regimen works. I am committed to stay on it for at least 4 months, because I know that most acne treatments take a few months to kick in... in the past the only thing I ever found to work for me was orthotricyclen (the pill) it took about 4 months to really start to work, but I have not had any health insurance the last year so I need to find something else and quick!!! I always thought when I turned 20 my acne would magically disapear but it didn't eusa_doh.gif so instead of being depressed about it I decided to start this journey to clear skin.

days 1-6; so far so good the acne I allready have is quickly fading only 1 new zit this week a tiny one on my upper lip, but it is going away very fast!! My skin is dry and tight especialy around my mouth it is dry and flakey. I have been using a little extra moisturizer to combat this problem. I think I started off using too much BP so I cut the amount I was using in half and will slowly start using more and more bp until my face gets used to it. next week i think I am going to try the Eucerin with AHAs I heard thats good for the flakeys. I also am going to purchase some of dans BP gel I have also read that it works alot better than on the spot. talk to you again tomarrow!!! bye (sorry I can't spell) eusa_shifty.gifwink.gif

The pictures are of day 1 and day 5 (no makeup)

post-18728-1105633642_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1105722907_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1105633642_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1105722907_thumb.jpg

DAY - 7

Hi, The dryness Ive been having is finally starting to get better biggrin.gif . Last night I upped the amount of bp I've been using. I attached a picture from this morning and I noticed in it that alot of old acne (left over red spots) are starting to show up confused.gif I wonder if this is normal?? And stupid me decided to pop that zit right above my lip and now its twice the size it was yesterday cry.gif I WONT do that again!!! But I just woke up when I took the picture and I hadn't washed my face yet so I shouldn't be too hard on myself... All and all my face is starting to clear up nicely. I have a feeling in about a month or two my face will be totaly clear eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif .

My regimen goes as follows;

morning:

1 wash w/ cetaphil (blue bottle)

2 Apply about 1 fingers worth of On the spot BP 2.5%

3 moisterize about 1-2 fingers worth of olay daily with spf 15

4 I put on make up but I use oil free foundation (Revlon color stay) and I wait till right before I have to go to put it on

evening:

1 wash w/ cetaphil

2 apply about 1 1/2 fingers worth of bp

3 moisturize about 1-2 figers worth of olay spf15

and thats it!!!talk to you again soon.

post-18728-1105722738_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1105722738_thumb.jpg

DAY 8

Well some of the zits I had when I started are completely cleared up. accept for a couple of left over red spots. I have got 3 new zits since I started but they are very small and I have read that it takes 3 weeks for a zit to form so these 3 zits where allready forming before I started the reg. My face is looking clearer and my skin is WAY less oily than it used to be. The only side effects so far is; dry flakey skin near my mouth and eyes, and some new little crows feet near my eyes but i think its because my skin is so dry!! I hope when I start the Eucerin AHA moisterizer it will all clear up! This morning I woke up to an Ice storm outside so I am going to sit around the house today watching movies.(thank god my netflix just came in the mail!!) eusa_pray.gif

talk to you all soon!!! bye bye cool.gif

My skin is sooo flakey I can't believe it doesn't show up in the pics ninja.gif

post-18728-1105817309_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1105817309_thumb.jpg

day 9

my skin is finally getting used to the BP and the flakeys are going away (thank god!!!!) no new zits to report so thats great!!! I think not picking at the zits I allready have is key to them going away faster!!! I'm getting ready to bump up the amount of bp I use to a full dose tonight so we will have to wait and see what happens tommarow morning... I'm off to the mall to buy some new clothes eusa_dance.gif so I will talk to you again tommarow...bye biggrin.gif

DAY 10

Damn!!! I woke up with the worst cold this morning I hate being sick!!!! I took some update pictures but I look like absolute sh...it in the pictures so I decided to hold off showing the world me at my worst (you know what I mean) I allready look crapy enough in my no makeup pictures I have allready posted. A girl has to set some limits and this is mine. lol..... So any way my skin is doing great no new zits to talk about and the couple I have left are quickly fading... But I have a feeling the red spots left over are going to take a while to completely fade. I bought a couple pairs of cute pants yesterday when I was shopping in case you were wondering what I bought...they had some great sales going on at the mall. eusa_dance.gifeusa_clap.gif As soon as I get my skin under control I am going back on Atkins and losing this 15 pounds I just gained recently (it is the only diet that has worked for me) hopefully buy this summer not only will I have clear skin but I will be back in my size 6's like I was last summer. (hey I can dream cant I??)

Have a great day talk to you all tommarow!!!

bye bye

you're acne really isn't bad at all... its very mild.

i would leave it alone for now, away from all these irritating medications.

i used to have mild acne too, and what made it worse was all these damn products.

hope it goes well.

DAY 11

Thanks Hackus but I really would like to have acne free skin for once in my life!! I know I am lucky that the acne I have is pretty light compaired to some but the ones I have really bother me and I would love to be able to walk out of the house with no makeup on without having to be selfconsious!! This is the first over the counter acne treatment that has ever worked for me so for now I am going to stick with it!!!

post-18728-1106080393_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1106080393_thumb.jpg

I loved reading this thread. Especially with the accompanying pics. You look awesome. Thanks for posting.

DAY 12

Hi all,

Dan I'm so flattered that you read and like my journal thank you!! wub.gif And thank you for clearing up my skin!!!!

So my cold is still lingering around and I woke up with a new zit this morning eusa_wall.gif but its a small one right by my bottom lip. (you can see it in my crazy just got out of bed picture i took this morning wacko.gif ) I think its from blowing my nose so much the last 48 hours is starting to irritate my skin. I can tell it will go away quickly if I can stop myself from messing with it too much...

The regimen is still going great!!! When I look at my begining picture to the one I took this morning I can see a huge difference between then and now (i am glad I decided to take soo many pictures to follow my progress) talk to you all tommarow.. bye bye

don't laugh at my just rolled out of bed picture... lol.gif

post-18728-1106153354_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1106153354_thumb.jpg

DAY 13

I can't believe its allready been almost 2 weeks. My skin is looking better and better everyday. With the acception of one small zit right below my lip, all of my acne is basicaly cleared up (the red spots still remain eusa_doh.gif ) It's nice being able to wake up in the morning with out having to wonder how many new zits have formed durring the night. Now I wake up to see how much smaller the old acne is. I can't wait for the morning I wake up and my skin is completly clear! I would recommend the "Regimen" to anyone with light to moderate acne.

post-18728-1106249430_thumb.jpg

post-18728-1106249430_thumb.jpg

DAY 14

2 weeks and I can say that this regimen works great. The more days that past the more my skin gets used to the BP and is finaly feeling soft and normal agian. But I have to admit that I don't wait the full 15 minutes inbetween each step eusa_shhh.gif.

Thanks Rean!!! Atkins made my skin really clear too so I agree with you. Best of luck on the regimen I know you will love it!!! once you get past the first week or two of dryness its great.

Best wishes

Mermaid78

You look great! I'm doing regimine too and im in 'flakey+dry' stage right now, really annoying! sad.gif Best of luck to ya

You looked good without the regimen and now you look even better. I wouldnt if call what you had acne, its so light its unnoticeable.... i dont think i would of tried the regimen if i had acne like that, too afraid it'd irritate my skin and break my out more... best of luck on the regimen!! Personally i couldnt be bothered applying that much BP on a daily basis.

DAY 17

Everything was going great until I picked at a couple of black heads on my chin friday night. The next morning I woke up and they had turned into whiteheads eusa_doh.gifmad.gifdoubt.gif but the good news is its 2 days later and they are all most gone allready!! cool.gif The Regimen is going great and I am very pleased with how it is working for me. If I could just stop touching my face all of the time I know it would work even better!! I have been reading allot of threads about apple cider vinager and was thinking about trying it. Has anybody out there tried this yet and what did you think about it?????? Any feed back would be great!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY wub.gif

I have been reading allot of threads about apple cider vinager and was thinking about trying it. Has anybody out there tried  this yet and what did you think about it?????? Any feed back would be great!!!

California CA, You are absoultely right!! Dans regimen is all ready working good; and "if it is not broke than don't fix it!!!!" Mabey some day down the road when my skin is totally clear than I can add in the ACV and see if it helps or causes a break out.... Thanks for the advice!!

Your friend,

Mermaid78

DAY 19

eusa_dance.gif so my acne is all but disapeared!!! woooohooooo no active zits on my face just left over red spots!! I can't believe this has worked soooo fast. eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif thank you God for helping me find this web sight!!!!

WEEK 3

sad.gif DAMNIT!!!!

So i have been kind of slacking off and only doing the regimen 1 time a day instead of 2. sad.gif big mistake!! I just woke up with about 5 new zits. This makes me very sad....so word to the wise once a day does not work for everyone!!!