Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kentucky RN

Avoid products with AlCOHOL in them!!!!!!!

sad.gif I posted last week about started the salisylic .5% pads with the regimen, it worked great for 1 week, them i started breaking out in places I never do; weird bumps that are difficult to deal with, never surface, etc. After thinking about it, i remembered how much alcohol is in those pads, and alcohol makes me break out bad! My husband loves the pads, so i guess everyone's different.

So learn from my huge mistake (i've got 5 days to heal from this breakout sad.gif )

Avoid:

any products with alcohol, any oils at all, or glycolic acid------all tooooo irritating

I switched to a .5% SA wash (neutrogena, very soft, oil free with glycerin) and it seems to be fine, my forehead cleared as soon as I stopped using the pads!!!!!

Rachel eusa_boohoo.gif

sad.gif I posted last week about started the salisylic .5% pads with the regimen, it worked great for 1 week, them i started breaking out in places I never do; weird bumps that are difficult to deal with, never surface, etc. After thinking about it, i remembered how much alcohol is in those pads, and alcohol makes me break out bad! My husband loves the pads, so i guess everyone's different.

So learn from my huge mistake (i've got 5 days to heal from this breakout sad.gif )

Avoid:

any products with alcohol, any oils at all, or glycolic acid------all tooooo irritating

I switched to a .5% SA wash (neutrogena, very soft, oil free with glycerin) and it seems to be fine, my forehead cleared as soon as I stopped using the pads!!!!!

Rachel eusa_boohoo.gif

I switched to cetaphil daily moisturizer and cleanser to insure there is no irratation then i'll move on from there, I am also currently taking tetracycline.. my face is slowly improving but slightly more oily. I always avoid products with alcohol or something that would irritate my face or make it even MORE oily then it already is.