Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa!

Best Foundation for Acne?

I'm surprised to see so much MAC love on a forum of an acne-website! MAC Studio Fix is famous for breaking people out! I know some beautician that have stopped using it cos their customers got pimples from it.

A better option for acne-prone skin (and cheaper) is Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin. Lasts long and also full coverage.

Jane Iredale, Jane Iredale, Jane Iredale. As an Esthetician- I won't touch anything else. Nothing goes on my skin unless it comes from her line. It is the best mineral line out there hands down. They use the HIGHEST quality ingredients- its made for problematic skin, is light weight and breathable. IT looks natural and feels refreshing and soothing on the skin. It is light reflective to illuminate the skin and make imperfections less noticable. IT is the best to cover redness, to give you immediate and long-lasting protection with a sun BLOCK not a screen, it is water resistant- and has an FDA waterproof seal to prove it, and is the most recommended make up for any kind of photography. It doesn't cause acne, clog your pores and is beyond hypoallergenic. They have tons of colors and some of the best for ethnic skin types. I put this stuff on an grade 4 cystic acne client, and she cried when she looked in the mirror because she felt beautiful- Jane Iredale makes my day (and hers).

I use her Disappear concealer in light, Pressed powder in Radiant, and sheer honey blush. It does the trick every time to mask the redness. I have had acne since I hit puberty. Now im clear as day. (I found the combination of things that work for me, and Jane Iredale is one of them.) I use the sheer honey blush because it is a Neutral blush tone and is very earthy in color. I stay away from reds, pinks, and peaches, because a Jane Iredale artist- a famous one I might add, that did my make up said: if you have redness in your skin from heretity, rosacea or acne NEVER use anything that has red, pink, or peach in it- it exagrated the look in your skin. Always use Neutral earth tones like sheer honey. It "neutralizes" the red and masks it...of course JAne Iredale as your base really helps to do that as well- its a kick-butt combo!

SHE HAS A WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFO- she's certified organic- and not tested on animals :)

Edited by libra27

Mineral makeup is my number 1. I can't recommend it enough!

I was using MAC make up and I swear that’s what was causing a lot of my acne, its just not designed for our kind of skin.

I got onto mineral makeup about 2 weeks ago and will now never look back or use anything else. Coverage is awesome, looks so much more natural, doesn't clog pores and have hardly any new pimples since using it (well, relatively speaking!) I always shyed away from it because it thought it was like a cakey powder which would be a nightmare for me because I get really flaky skin but its not drying at all (don't ask me how, but its really creamy. apparently it doesn't contain any talc powder which is what causes drying in the traditional powders?) It was expensive, £45 for a started pack, but worth it. A little goes a long way. I use Bare Minerals but other brands available! Apparently some of the cheap ones aren't really minerals tho so do your research first. Go to a department store and get them to show you how to apply it as too as that will give you even better results.

Anyways, I wanted to share my secret as I've been reading posts on here a while and felt the need to contribute. good luck everyone :)

I loved MAC studio fix, when i first got it but after about a week of using it i got terrible breakouts round my chin, they took 3 weeks to full clear, but now if i even put it on my chin and then take it straight off i get a break out. Lots of make up artists dont use it as it causes people to break out. At the moment im using Maybelline Superstay 24hr foundation, its really natural and gives a light to medium coverage but buildable, doesnt look cakey at all and i wear a lot of it, so you'd think it would look cakey but it doesnt! i have oily skin but dry cheeks and this had helped my skin! my cheeks are no longer dry they feel really soft, i deffo reccomend you try this foundation, i love it! x

I have tried so many foundations. For someone with oily skin like me, it has been difficult to find the right one.

I really like the look of Revlon foundations.

I liked the Clinique clarifying but recently they discontinued it and added a new one in it's place . It has a good matt finish, I think it is great for some days when you just want light coverage.

I used Neutrogena skin clearing foundation a while back but can't seem to remember why I stopped.

I love the Almay and Clinique brands for sensitive skin and lasting power.

Edited by stillwishing

Have you tried Maybelline superstay 16 hour foundation....Its no comedogenic and oil free and has a real good coverage....In the Uk they have discontinued it because of the design of the bottle and pump....but I buy it on ebay....and I have been using it for around 2 years.

Hi guys, Im new to all this but have suffered with severe acne for 4 years after spending my whole teenage years with perfect skin!!

Im a trained beauty therapists and spent years working in a cosmetic hall so I have literally tried EVERYTHING on the market that supposed to help, the only two products that I have had any sucess in covering up my acne are Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (if you speak to someone on an Estee Lauder counter they will match you up with your right shade and give you a free 10 day sample pot) and I team is with Benefits 'Boiiing' concealer for when Im having a really bad day, the concealer is antibactiral (sp!!) and really does the trick. Both are quite pricey but you really do get what you pay for when it comes to cosmetics.

Hope this has helps xxx

the concealer is antibacterial? No it's not.

All shades contain:

Diethylhexyl Adipate, Talc, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Petrolatum, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499)

Product Details

why we love it:This industrial-strength concealer camouflages dark circles, shadows and discoloration for a seamless, natural-looking finish without creasing or fading. You name it, boi-ing helps hide it!what else you need to know: in three shades to suit every skin tone.

See-through lid helps you easily locate boi-ing in your makeup bag or handbag!

* Manufactured by: Benefit Cosmetics

* 3.0 g Net wt. 0.1 oz

Tips

Indications: Pat concealer between your thumb and middle finger to warm it up...it will glide on seamlessly.

When in doubt, choose boi-ing 02 medium!

how to apply

Directions: With fingertip, dab boi-ing on areas you want to conceal. Gently pat concealer to blend.

the concealer is antibacterial? No it's not.

All shades contain:

Diethylhexyl Adipate, Talc, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Petrolatum, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499)

Product Details

why we love it:This industrial-strength concealer camouflages dark circles, shadows and discoloration for a seamless, natural-looking finish without creasing or fading. You name it, boi-ing helps hide it!what else you need to know: in three shades to suit every skin tone.

See-through lid helps you easily locate boi-ing in your makeup bag or handbag!

* Manufactured by: Benefit Cosmetics

* 3.0 g Net wt. 0.1 oz

Tips

Indications: Pat concealer between your thumb and middle finger to warm it up...it will glide on seamlessly.

When in doubt, choose boi-ing 02 medium!

how to apply

Directions: With fingertip, dab boi-ing on areas you want to conceal. Gently pat concealer to blend.

Bloody hell, calm down! When I worked for Benefit we were trained on all products and were told that the concealer was antibacterial and my training hand book says it is in black and white.

I have to disagree. Jane iredale mineral makeup has algae extract which is a 5 on the pore clogging ingredient list. I'm glad it works for you though.

Jane Iredale, Jane Iredale, Jane Iredale. As an Esthetician- I won't touch anything else. Nothing goes on my skin unless it comes from her line. It is the best mineral line out there hands down. They use the HIGHEST quality ingredients- its made for problematic skin, is light weight and breathable. IT looks natural and feels refreshing and soothing on the skin. It is light reflective to illuminate the skin and make imperfections less noticable. IT is the best to cover redness, to give you immediate and long-lasting protection with a sun BLOCK not a screen, it is water resistant- and has an FDA waterproof seal to prove it, and is the most recommended make up for any kind of photography. It doesn't cause acne, clog your pores and is beyond hypoallergenic. They have tons of colors and some of the best for ethnic skin types. I put this stuff on an grade 4 cystic acne client, and she cried when she looked in the mirror because she felt beautiful- Jane Iredale makes my day (and hers).

I use her Disappear concealer in light, Pressed powder in Radiant, and sheer honey blush. It does the trick every time to mask the redness. I have had acne since I hit puberty. Now im clear as day. (I found the combination of things that work for me, and Jane Iredale is one of them.) I use the sheer honey blush because it is a Neutral blush tone and is very earthy in color. I stay away from reds, pinks, and peaches, because a Jane Iredale artist- a famous one I might add, that did my make up said: if you have redness in your skin from heretity, rosacea or acne NEVER use anything that has red, pink, or peach in it- it exagrated the look in your skin. Always use Neutral earth tones like sheer honey. It "neutralizes" the red and masks it...of course JAne Iredale as your base really helps to do that as well- its a kick-butt combo!

SHE HAS A WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFO- she's certified organic- and not tested on animals :)