Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

if you have severe acne and keep it under control

derms don't treat my acne seriously because they think it's mild. They don't realize how much I've had to do to get it to that condition. They wanna give me bullshit topicals, but they don't realize how terrible my acne was a few years ago, I was supposed to get accutane. That's why I don't go to derms anymore.

So if your severe acne is temporarily fixed with medication, but as soon as you stop taking the medication it comes back, does that mean you have mild acne while on medication, or still severe acne?

Hmm well I would say that maybe your acne WAS severe but because u have been treating it, you have helped it to mild acne? who knows, you might be winning the fight all by yourself

This is something I've often wondered about too. My acne is mild simply because of the medications I use. If I used none then my acne would definitely be moderate, but the derm/GP always says "well you've got mild acne", but left to nature it would be much much worse

Sometimes I think that the only way I can get something like accutane would be to stop using BP, B5, and eat a bunch of terrible food, so my skin looks really bad. I don't even go to derms anymore. I know their "standard procedure": first it's topicals, then antibiotics, then accutane. I've done everything but accutane, and I'm positive that I can find an acne cure without it anyway.