Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsessedwithSKIN

Public washroom mirrors - do you look at your face

NOWAY!

I get depressed when I do. But sometimes I find I have a bit of dry skin hangin off my face or something once i get homeand feel like an idiot that I didn't look in the mirror

When I went to meet Jill in america, the second airport I got to I checked my acne in the mirror before I got there to see how shitty I looked lol tongue.gif

I was REALLY red from the BP gel, and I had a few red marks and a little acne, so.... It's good I looked in the mirror really.... I pretended to wash my hands obviously shock.gif but kinda stared at my face in the mirror tongue.gif My face was feeling horrible too so I washed that a little tongue.gif

But, Other than that I never do, I can't use public washrooms

damn i thought it was just me

i hate looking into the mirror at some bathrooms, with those bathroom lights sooo damn bright u see every imperfection so clear,

That's the worst thing to do!!! I stopped doing that lol after one experience I went to the gym looked in the mirrors and started crying I had to leave and didnt go back for weeks. Now Im on accutane and I dont care! I know ill be clear my acne is very mild.

I wash my hands lolo biggrin.gif . Sometimes, when people are around and I want to look in the mirror, just to make sure nothing has grown on my face, but I get scared of what the people with clear skin next to me are going to think. I dont know why, but I do eusa_doh.gif . OR if someone is in the stall and I get out first I take my quick glimpse into the mirror while washing my hands and then make a swift exit. eusa_shifty.gif

whats funny is I feel so uneasy about staring close up at my face int eh mirror when there are other guys inside. They always look at me wierd like im too picky. Be lucky you have clear skin and arent so damn paranoid. But really Im checking my makeup.

i am sick to the stomach how people never wash their damn hands! Even when people are there, they don't get embarrased by it at all. PLus i hate touching the door handle afterwards..urgh.

You'd be surprised how many guys check themselves out in the mirror, its not just a girl thing. Guys in my college are always going to the toilet to check their hair and things, I don't think its that much of a biggie to check ur face out

i am sick to the stomach how people never wash their damn hands! Even when people are there, they don't get embarrased by it at all. PLus i hate touching the door handle afterwards..urgh.

You'd be surprised how many guys check themselves out in the mirror, its not just a girl thing. Guys in my college are always going to the toilet to check their hair and things, I don't think its that much of a biggie to check ur face out

Every chance I have.. I go to a mirror >_<... I just don't want people looking at me, looking at the mirror... =(

it's not so much the mirrors, its the fluorescent lighting they have right above or below the mirrors that really brings out a persons imperfections... at college they have fluorescents in the bathrooms and I look terrible compared to at home.

yknow what, i have a pocket mirror lying about, they will solve the problem. I use it for a little in the cubicles, but it got a little bothersome.

Guest Shjaker

I never look in the mirrors! I just stay looking down and wash my hands as damn fast as I can.

Then I feel odd when a pretty girl acne-less comes in and starts fixing her hair, and getting right up in the mirror to practice her lip puckering.

Lately I haven't been looking in mirrors near as much, to control my urge to pick at and damage my skin. Lo and behold, now the only zits on my skin are tiny red dots that you can barely notice. A lot of people going to college and in my classes have acne just like it, or worse. So I just stopped caring about it altogether. It's just not worth my time to obsess over my appearance. I just ask myself a simple question every time I feel down about my skin: do I care more about my education, or what strangers think of me? The answer is pretty simple. During the day I will only glance in the mirror to make sure I don't have boogers hanging out of my nose. In fact, any time I spend more than 10 seconds looking at my reflection I simply force myself to leave the bathroom. It's pretty simple once you just stop caring.