Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

everyone has theories of why acne forms and what ways to reduce it. Try it if you want... don't try it if you don't believe it will work. It's all up to you. No one's forcing anyone to try anything. Message boards are free for people to post their opinions, suggestions, questions, concerns, whatever, to improve acne. There's really no need to respond especially to debunk someone's theory when they themself haven't even tried it. who knows... every person's post of a "regimen" (including this entire site) may just work for one of you. some work for others some don't.

I myself have personally stopped using anything but Eucerin Pore Purifying Foaming Cleanser once every couple days. I chose this particular cleanser because it only has like what? 5 ingredients? less chance of irritation. This still dried me out so i'm using it maybe once every 3 days or so. That's the only thing I apply on my face. I used to use moisturizer with face wash everyday but now i'm reducing it to the bare minimum. Give it at least 4 weeks (seems ideal, no?) to see results before you change your personal regimen.

Thanks Calaveras, Claud, and Bananas for actually putting this thread on topic.

Alright. Now that everything's *kinda* back to normal, I just wish to have no more crap post, so Goody, cbfag, and etc who just wants to flood the board, I'm kindly asking to PLEASE don't. *someone has to lower the gate, and I'm being mature about it, so it's going to be me*

about 3 weeks ago i stopped using BP on the middle of my face (stopped using it on my forehead months ago because there was no acne)  and it went fine.. last week i stopped using BP all together and within a week i got a massive breakout on my nose, below my  nose, and my jaw.. not had anything like it since before i used BP alltogether and it makes me fee like crap :/

not shure if i should try it again.. maybe use silyaci acid oppose to BP ?

id really like to have no bleaching effect as  i want to grow my hair and have a beard biggrin.gif

everyone has theories of why acne forms and what ways to reduce it. Try it if you want... don't try it if you don't believe it will work. It's all up to you. No one's forcing anyone to try anything. Message boards are free for people to post their opinions, suggestions, questions, concerns, whatever, to improve acne. There's really no need to respond especially to debunk someone's theory when they themself haven't even tried it. who knows... every person's post of a "regimen" (including this entire site) may just work for one of you. some work for others some don't.

I myself have personally stopped using anything but Eucerin Pore Purifying Foaming Cleanser once every couple days. I chose this particular cleanser because it only has like what? 5 ingredients? less chance of irritation. This still dried me out so i'm using it maybe once every 3 days or so. That's the only thing I apply on my face. I used to use moisturizer with face wash everyday but now i'm reducing it to the bare minimum. Give it at least 4 weeks (seems ideal, no?) to see results before you change your personal regimen.

Then get out of here. Dude, I wouldn't know even know you and there would be no trouble if you didn't post crap, eminem-wannabe. That's my pic a a few years back, and since I don't have a digital camera, then I can't update it.

Um... claud, I'll post my reply to your PM here too so that people may get some knowledge and stuff from it. You wouldn't mind right? Well, here it is:

From me, to claud:

"No, it's ok, it's not a long post. If you want a looong post, read my first post on my thread. You know what I think? Wait, before I say something, read this first. It's from my first post:

"Edit: 1/31/05 DISCOVERY: Alright, I have discovered something from experience, observation, collection of data, forums, people, etc. Wonder why you inherit acne form your parents? Well, no, you don't inherit acne from parents, but rather, their skin type. Acne is not inherited. No one in this world has a skin that is totally immune to acne, and no, not even the clear people you see today. Why so? It is because their skin type is one that is very strong from acquiring acne. Many of us who have acne are fated to have them because our skin is not strong enough, therefore, a little disturbance into our skin, such as hormonal changes, diet, and etc that alters our skin will make us breakout. This is why DIET very much affects acne. Well, why is it that even though you eat a box of chocolate and still not breakout while everything else makes you break out? Well, everyone has some kind of line, which depends on the strength of their digestive system, that they cannot cross. What I mean is that everyone can eat chocolate, sweets, etc, just as long as they don't cross that line because once you cross that line, then that's when what you eat affects your acne. The thing is: EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT LINES. This is why some people believe that diet does not affect acne at all. It is because they haven't crossed that line yet, which is maybe because of the effectiveness of their digestive system or etc. If you don't believe this, how about you try eating a room full of chocolates, that would for sure cross anyone's line."

Does or did your parents had acne like yours when they were your age or a teenager? The thing I formed up above isn't really like proven proven thing, but that's my theory from observations, a bit of research and etc. So, the pills helped clear you? And that DIET definitely affects you? And that now that you don't have the pills anymore, ACNE keeps on coming back. You know, I think that it's not that you have ruined your skin from medications, but you were born with a skin type that's very very prone to acne. I mean, there are a lot of worser cases, but the fact that your birth control pills (which are related to hormone changes), are the only ones that clear you up totally, it's your hormones. From the information you gave me, medications will partially help, but not totally help you. It's your hormones that you need to balance. What time do you usually sleep? Do you eat regularly and healthily? Follow these stuff. I have collected a lot of myths, tips, and advices, have tried many of them, and here are the ones that are perfect:

-First of all, many people have acne and still has acne is because of the irritation and damage medications bring. However, in your case, it's not based on the information you gave me. In your case, you skin type is one that is prone to acne that little imbalances and etc to your metabolism, hormones, or anythign that affects your glands (ie, DIET and etc), promotes acne

Try these stuff that I think would help with the diet:

-Try Liver Flushing. Look for it around here. There's a complete FAQ regarding that. That would without doubt, help you up.

-I believe that late sleep does not affect acne, but stress does. Prevent stress. Don't do unnecessary stuff.

-The water only 2 hour before and after eating is great. You gotta try that

-Green Tea... maybe. Not sure if it would help though.

-At the same time, use vinegar as a cleanser. (it will help prevent whiteheads and cysts, but not the solid red ones)

ULTIMATE CURE: Accutane.

That's all I can say really. I'm not an expert or anything.

I did my best, and I hope that helped a lot.

Some are unbelievable, but try it. It may help you. Try them for a few weeks, and after a month or two and you see no changes, trash them. A month is not enough.

Patience girl is the key. Don't touch your face or even be irritated by it. Patience, and that's all that matters. Without it, you'll be putting crap all over your face again.

Alright, Good Luck. Hope you improve fast."

Um... in the previous posts, I may look like I've been talking to myself, but there's this one person posting crap. It looks like he got suspended or something because his messages disappeared.

Alright, now back to the topic.

EDIT: Goody317, maybe instead of posting crap here, maybe you could just read posts and maybe learn something. Lol, now that you have voice, all you can do is read, therefore, I recommend you to read these stuff. Maybe it would help you.

Everyone in this thread who are launching personal attacks needs to stop. It is fine to disagree with someone's method or acne cure, but fighting and derogatory marks will not be tolerated on this site.

Thank you

i posted this on another thread but no one seems to be answering, so let me try my luck here.

I have been doing a modified version of jan_carlo's method for 1 week now, I washed my face every other day, sometimes water only, sometimes with soap. And I didnot use vinegar at all.

I had oily skin before my first acne breakout, which is aout 4 months ago. And i am very surprised that after 1 week of stop using bp (i have been using it for a little more than a month), my skin is still peeling and i cannot feel my face produce as much oil as it did before. It has cause me to break out more (but i understand this is going to take a few weeks to see result).

anyway, i have a layer of dead skin on my forehead and cheeks and they are really visible because they are darker and scrambled, and i just cannot get rid of them if i wash gentlely. also, i have tons of "whiteheads" on my chin. i quoted whiteheads because they are not breaking out, but you can just see some whitish stuff sticking out of my skin. What are they? Have u guys experienced this? How do you get rid of them and the dead skin without too much irritation?

thanks in advance.

btw...i am 25 year old asian male if that's helpful.

Red Marks

Red Marks are "scars." Not like a scar scar where your skin gets a hole, but it's something acne leaves behind. There's no overnight solution into removing them. Actually, the only way to remove them is peel, and etc. Other ways include bleaching them using hydroquinone or licorice or vitamin C. The safest and most effective method however is TIME. It's better to let them be instead of using all these products and peels which would damage your skin anyhow.

Usually, it takes around 6 to 8 months for those suckers to disappear. Some lucky ones gets theirs disappeared for just like a month or two (i don't know how that's possible, but maybe, they're constantly shedding their skin, like a snake. I mean really, it takes a lot of weeks for a full cycle of skin.)

If they really bother you, use concealers, but only as on the spot treatment, and nothing else. Concealers increase your risk of breaking out, but if you use it as spot treatment, then I think it's safe.

Also, I'm not sure if red marks are dead skin, but they're pigmentation formed by melanin or I think melanin is the pigmentation. They form up on the process of skin repair. So, using hydroquinone, which is slows down the production of melanin, would prevent red marks from getting redder.

Ya, I think they're not dead skin, but rather, melanin production because black people get like black marks instead of red ones, and white people get red ones along with asians, but sometimes, asians get really brown ones. So, they're pigments, because if they're dead skin cells, then we'd all have the same color (ie: black) of marks.

i posted this on another thread but no one seems to be answering, so let me try my luck here.

I have been doing a modified version of jan_carlo's method for 1 week now, I washed my face every other day, sometimes water only, sometimes with soap. And I didnot use vinegar at all.

I had oily skin before my first acne breakout, which is aout 4 months ago. And i am very surprised that after 1 week of stop using bp (i have been using it for a little more than a month), my skin is still peeling and i cannot feel my face produce as much oil as it did before. It has cause me to break out more (but i understand this is going to take a few weeks to see result).

anyway, i have a layer of dead skin on my forehead and cheeks and they are really visible because they are darker and scrambled, and i just cannot get rid of them if i wash gentlely. also, i have tons of "whiteheads" on my chin. i quoted whiteheads because they are not breaking out, but you can just see some whitish stuff sticking out of my skin. What are they? Have u guys experienced this? How do you get rid of them and the dead skin without too much irritation?

thanks in advance.

btw...i am 25 year old asian male if that's helpful.

Red marks that acne leaves behind are damaged skin tissues, not due to melanin. People get tanned because our melanin is produced. Melanin is a pigment by the way.

Hey, Carlo... I read your whole post and I just wanted to tell you that. So far of not using anything on my face it's getting better. I think the reason I broke out when I was using Apple Cider Vinegar. Is because I was putting all over my face. I provoke it. I should of just let my face alone. I didn't left it alone. But, now I will try to not put crap on my face. Just let it heal. You said my hormones could be out of control. I was thinking of taking Vitamin B supplements to control my stress levels. Oh yeah I did notice something too. On january I was drinking water everyday. But, I was still putting crap on my face. I still broke out. This month I might tried to see if I do inner cleansing and not touch my face after all. It does makes a difference. Anyways, I don't know of taking Accutane. Also, I think is about time to stop using products on my face. I've been using it for nearly 5 years and no luck.... I think I'm determine to think that the products I'm using is causing an allergic reaction. It could be.

I'll try to do this regimen for 3 months. If it works I will keep going. Thanks and hugs....

Red marks that acne leaves behind are damaged skin tissues, not due to melanin. People get tanned because our melanin is produced. Melanin is a pigment by the way.

Hey jon carlo how long had you been doing this?

I know my pictures look like I have alot. But, i think is the irritation from the medications. anywho, also too. I have been drinking water after meals. Also, I have been crapping alot. I'm actually doing a stomach cleansing. I'm taking half of water and half of epson salt. And also half an orange juice and half of water every once a week. So during that day. I crap like 3 times or more. I think by doing this it might help me cleansed my body. I just hope so.

thanks for replying, jan carlo.

I had to use moisturizer when i used BP (for about 4 weeks), the first 3 weeks was actually proactive, and the last week was putting on shitloads of BP, as dan recommended in his regime (obviously that did not work for me).

Now i don't use mosturizer at all, because i don't get exposed to sunlight 99% of time. Part of my skin is still dry, and still peeling (what's bothering me is that you can see the deadskin debris, when u look real close). I think that my skin not producing oil might be partly contributed by the layer of deadskin, and they could also contribute to my breaking out too.

I thought you recommend vinegar as spot treatment on active pimples, so how can i use that to prevent breakout?

Some of the "whiteheads" I described did come out and dry and fall off by themselves. My worry is that there are tons of them.

It's been over a week now, and i am still breaking out (i just got a new cyst, probably because i was laying on my side reading last night. I also have nasal allergy problem, i have to sleep on one side otherwise i cannot breathe.) But since my face is already like shit, i just don't care anymore, i'll try this for a few more weeks and see what's gonna happen. I miss so much the old days when i can touch my face with any finger i want, wipe my face so hard like it's not mine (after washing), and eat all the cheesecake and spicy stuff i want and still get only one pimple once in a while......I never had and want perfect skin, but right now it's just too much for me....

just an interesting thought on the effectiveness of BP: if your pores are so clogged that you own body fluid gets trapped, how can BP penetrate inside to kill bacteria? maybe your pores are meant to be blocked.....to isolate you from the polluted environment......???? let me know what you guys think

You know what, I had the same experience as you. After using BP, my skin does not produce oil at all, even when I exercise. I believe it has damaged my glands. It has made my skin dry even by just using water. It has been 6 or so months since I've used BP and my skin is still dry. Do you use moisturizers? I believe moisturizers suppress the oil even more because it trains your glands to produce less. But I need to know too, do you use moisturizers regularly?

If you have used a "transition product" like what I said on this thread, then you probably won't get as much breakouts. Vinegar isn't really that harsh and it's like water, except with acetic acid. It will help you prevent your breakouts, and most importantly, those white stuff? I don't know what the hell are those, but they're most likely to be whiteheads so try vinegar on those because Vinegar is great on sucking those white stuff out. Vinegar is like a light, and the moth are those white stuff; the moth gets lured by the light, not knowing that it's committing suicide.

Good Luck!

nice!! this thread is now turning to what it was supposed to be like... people asking questions and bringing up issues with Jan Carlo's ideas and him replying back. glad to see it.

Part of my skin is still dry, and still peeling (what's bothering me is that you can see the deadskin debris, when u look real close). I think that my skin not producing oil might be partly contributed by the layer of deadskin, and they could also contribute to my breaking out too.

nice!! this thread is now turning to what it was supposed to be like... people asking questions and bringing up issues with Jan Carlo's ideas and him replying back. glad to see it.

hey that's not fair, man. smile.gif just kidding, but i did call you "jan carlo" in my second post...

about the first one, "jan_carlo", sorry, i am a programmer, that's the C/C++ convention of naming variables, (don't worry if i am not making sense) anyway, i am having fun here, glad to have some people to talk to and share my personal problems, i am really grateful.

That's right. What's funny though is that you're the only one that calls me "Jan Carlo." The rest either spell it wrong, "Jon" or just say "Carlo," and someone actually called me "Jan_Carlo." Doesn't matter, as long as everything's flowing smoothly.