Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow.. This was going great for 1 1/2 - 2 Months? Until a few days ago I broke out, and It's just getting worse.. For two months I was finally almost completely clear, Maybe 1 tiny pimple every few days, now It's all over.. I've changed very small things, nothing that could be the cause of this huge breakout. Hopefully this'll pass..

And you know something crazy? Whenever I breakout on my chin/lower part of face, my forehead is ALWAYS clear, and whenever I breakout on my forehead (i have been for the last 2 months) my lower face is clear. I just don't really care about my forehead because my hair always covers it, but it's wierd..

Ok having a terrible break out all over my face. I never get pimples on my forehead but now i have a ton of small pimples and I know why their there. I got a really bad fever over the weekend and had to cool down really badly so i put a (supposedly clean) wet wash cloth on my face. I'm pretty sure that's what caused all of this crap. I've tried baking soda as an exfoliator and it seems to be really helpful ;-D I'm sure my skin will be good in another couple of weeks.

Ok note to self: using baking soda masks whenever you have a break out. My break out is seriously almost gone because of this stuff.

So i'm still going to stick with the water only method but because it's summer and I live in freaking hot ass AZ i'm going to add some 50/50 ACV as a toner then maybe exfoliate with a baking soda mask every once in a while. I'm sure in the winter all i will need is water and maybe a moisturizer.

hey all you need is a washcloth and fresh water. If you only wash with water, nothing comes off, except maybe a little surface oil. A washcloth will help unclog pores and clean a little deeper without the drying effects of soap since you're not drying up the oil.

Thats pretty much all you need to keep your skin clear forever. BUT if you have healing acne wounds, i wouldn't do this until completely clear.

It's been about 2 months since I started this. It's probably the best thing I've ever done for my skin. Right now, my skin is absolutely 100% smooth. There are still many many red marks from previous acne and scarring, but I'm positive they'll fade away. But I cannot stress enough how great my actual skin quality has become. There are no whiteheads or blackheads right now. Where all the different acne products have failed me, just leaving it alone was by far the best decision I've made about my acne.

I think it's great that you guys stop using BP. I've used BP since I was in third grade when I had acne on my forehead. As I got older, i got acne in different places. Now I'm 25 and most of the acne appears on my jawline. For the past couple of days, I've been thinking about throwing my BP creams away. My skin is really bad; it's red, oily, thin, wrinkly, etc. I have 45 year old skin and I'm sure it's caused by using BP. I've talked to my co workers who do get pimples but their skin looks much better than mine, they don't use BP.

Another thing is, BP is linked to cancer and it's true. I've gotten these acne like pimples that don't go away. I pick them, but they never go away. Turns out, they're skin basal carcinoma. African Americans and Asians are more susceptible to getting them. Well, I'm Asian and since BP ruined my skin, its more prone to sun damage. BTW, I just removed my 3rd carcinoma. If you look up pictures online, it looks really bad but mine are as small as a pimple.

Anyways, I don't know if I can just wash my face with just water, but I'm definitely going to stop using BP.

I think it's great that you guys stop using BP. I've used BP since I was in third grade when I had acne on my forehead. As I got older, i got acne in different places. Now I'm 25 and most of the acne appears on my jawline. For the past couple of days, I've been thinking about throwing my BP creams away. My skin is really bad; it's red, oily, thin, wrinkly, etc. I have 45 year old skin and I'm sure it's caused by using BP. I've talked to my co workers who do get pimples but their skin looks much better than mine, they don't use BP.

Another thing is, BP is linked to cancer and it's true. I've gotten these acne like pimples that don't go away. I pick them, but they never go away. Turns out, they're skin basal carcinoma. African Americans and Asians are more susceptible to getting them. Well, I'm Asian and since BP ruined my skin, its more prone to sun damage. BTW, I just removed my 3rd carcinoma. If you look up pictures online, it looks really bad but mine are as small as a pimple.

Anyways, I don't know if I can just wash my face with just water, but I'm definitely going to stop using BP.

It is awesome that water only method works great for some people out there. However, false accusations to a product that indeed does work for others is a no no, imo. There is no direct corellation between BP and cancer. There was what at most , couple of studies that were performed over 20 years ago that turned out to be flawed. So your statement is not true. Basal carcinoma is mostly caused by sunlight and in some cases, DNA inheritance since it can and could occur in areas that were not exposed to sunlight. Stop scarying away the kids.

About 2.5 months in--still working great. I get a couple small zits every week, and a big one maybe every 2 weeks. These breakouts naturally pop off by themselves about 3 days after being seen. And even then, they mostly occur only when I really pig out on stuff like pizza.

Right now, my left cheek's almost completely smoothed, it's just working on reducing the red marks now. The right cheek is a bit more rough, and I'm going to give it as much time as it needs to repair itself.

We'll see how the next few months go. Still, this is probably the best treatment I've ever done in my last 6 years of trying to cure it.

Well, this has cleared me. It has been almost 8 months since I have used BP or any other acne topical. It took about 7.5 months of dealing with breakouts for me to finally stop breaking out. I've been clear here for about two weeks. I have NEVER been clear that long ever. So I am fairly sure that I am finally repaired from the years of BP use. For all of you who are only a couple months in...stick with it. Like I said, it took my skin 7.5 months to stop breaking out..and I only used BP for about 2-2.5 years. I still get the occassional pimple, but so does everyone else. I have never felt better. Now it's battling with the red marks. And I have also found that green smoothies help a great deal as well. I would recommend that anyone on this regimen to try them because they will supply your body with the essential minerals and nutrients to repair your skin after years of abuse with acne products. Good luck everyone!

SON OF A BIOTCH!!!

I went for 6 months without using ANY topicals on my face and things were going great, I just had some occasional problems with flaky skin. So then I got the bright idea to exfoliate using a St Ives apricot scrub this weekend, and then washed my face with soap the next day. Now my skin looks horrible and I have like 4 big red spots!! :wall:

SON OF A BIOTCH!!!

I went for 6 months without using ANY topicals on my face and things were going great, I just had some occasional problems with flaky skin. So then I got the bright idea to exfoliate using a St Ives apricot scrub this weekend, and then washed my face with soap the next day. Now my skin looks horrible and I have like 4 big red spots!! :wall:

:S Ack. St. Ives scrub is very rough.

If you are having trouble with flaky skin and are trying not to use any topicals, you may want to look into getting those little cloth exfloiators at the store. Pick the ones that are antibacterial (as in dry quickly so they don't/are less likely to harbor bacteria.) They should be very inexpensive. That way you can use one of those with just some water. They make them in all kinds of different material, so you should be able to find one that's some kind of cloth rather than a scratchy nylon. You can get them at Target or Longs or any other drugstore/place where they sell cosmetics.

I have one that I use now and then in the shower. It's like a little soft cloth mitten. I'll take a look at the brand and post it later.

I tried this for a while, but if I wash with only water, my skin gets waaayyy too oily and I can feel little pustules forming on my face.

I've switched to the Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin. It's what a lot of older women I know use, and they all have great skin. Would you guys say it's too harsh though? What about the Cetaphil or Spectrojel cleansers?

Also, another reason I have to use soap is that I NEED to apply sunscreen daily (when it's sunny at least) or I get burned. This has been the case ever since I was little. Not too much I can do about it I'm afraid.

I do agree with this regimen in theory though. Looking back, I first got acne around the same time as my friends - when puberty first started. While most of them ignored it, I kept trying to use different topicals and stupid methods to try to fix things. I even washed my face with hand soap for a year when somebody told me it'd help! During that year, my face resembled a pizza.

I've been trying this, however I have a few questions, idk if jan carlo or anyone is still around but...

What do you recommend for someone who gets clogged pores very easily? i need something to make sure i dont get a billion clogged pores, because im afraid its going to keep getting worse..

Or... Am i supposed to just let them clog and keep using water? Will it eventually work itself out or something?

Does anyone know like a timeline of what happens when you do this regimen?

Like month 1: this happens, month 2: blah.. etc

thanks

I've been trying this, however I have a few questions, idk if jan carlo or anyone is still around but...

What do you recommend for someone who gets clogged pores very easily? i need something to make sure i dont get a billion clogged pores, because im afraid its going to keep getting worse..

Or... Am i supposed to just let them clog and keep using water? Will it eventually work itself out or something?

Does anyone know like a timeline of what happens when you do this regimen?

Like month 1: this happens, month 2: blah.. etc

thanks

I can help you out, since I'm on my third month right now.

First month: Your acne condition will mostly remain the same. Not a huge change, as your body hasn't quite adapted to your new regimen of doing nothing. Since it was so reliant on the chemicals, there's a good chance you'll break out.

Second month: This is where the real breakouts happen. You're going to get a lot. DO NOT PICK AT THEM. Give them about 3-5 days, and in the shower, or when you're running your hand over your face casually (NOT PICKING AT THEM), they come off naturally like it was nothing, and the skin underneath the removed zit will have signs of healing, though it'll probably be a red mark. The most important thing to remember is not to pick or pop the zit--IT WILL HEAL ITSELF NATURALLY. If you pop it too early, it'll just reform within the same day later on.

Third month: Still some breakouts, but this is where you start to see improvement. You'll still get small zits, and the occasional huge one, but at this point, the actual quality of your skin should start to smooth out. Now I'm just working on healing the red marks!

Of course, this could all change depending on whether you eat like a total pig, so don't make any overtly bad diet decisions, and good luck!

Ok.. well Im not even past the first month yet.. I just get so scared when i get a breakout that im going to be screwed because i get this feeling that its just going to get worse and worse and worse and it always seems to..

Then i lose faith and try something else... Its so hard to stay confident with this because I really dont want to spend months hoping for my face to improve and then end up being sorry i didnt realize that it wasnt working..

Ok so it's been a couple months since i've started this regimine.

Mornings: Wrinse face with water, or sometimes with a gentle cleanser

Night: Same thing

Whenever I take a shower I use Baking soda as my face wash/ exfoliater. It's AMAZING!

My face has dramatically cleared up. Getting pimples for my skin was defiantly caused by irritating the skin, so now that I rarely touch my face with nothing more than water or baking soda. Forget any face wash with chemicals!

Make up: I bought covergirl stuff that says it's noncomedgenic, and i really think it works well and doesn't affect my skin :-D

Check out my picture! I have one pimple, but normally it'd be gone by the end of the day

post-75570-1219618878_thumb.jpg

post-75570-1219618878_thumb.jpg

Just a quick question, for those who have had success with this regimen.

I am on my 20th day of doing the water only regimen and have noticed oil production going down significantly. It is to the point where my face is quite dry, but mostly around my mouth area. I have not been using a moisturizer at all as I hope for my face to produce the oils naturally. Am I correct by not moisturizing?

Quick question...is it okay if I use TT oil mixed in with my cleanser (Cetaphil) when I use it? That's pretty much the only "acne product" I use at the moment. I'm trying to cure my skin in the simple manner because my sister gets a pimple once every 2 months...my brother had VERY minor acne as a teenager...my mom had NO acne as a teenager...my dad had minor/mild acne as a teenager...and NOBODY on my family has a history of acne like mine...my parents have ALWAYS told me to stop using products on my face. My dad even says "just use water", but I've never listened. This thread has inspired me even more. But, i just want to clarify if using TT oil is okay?

Also, thinking about things a little more logically, everything the poster said in the first post makes sense. Here's a quick review of why this totally makes sense:

1. No one in my family has a history of CONTINUAL acne past the age of 19.

2. No one in my family had more than the occasional pimple.

3. The only reason I "broke out" when I was younger (read: grade 8) was because I didn't know how to treat my skin. I used to use st.ives apricot scrub in the shower EVERY DAY lol.

4. After a couple of months of just using st.ives on my face, my skin broke out like crazy when I was 14. Well, duh. Of course it would. I had never used any medication prior to this and the only reason I can think of for the massive breakout would be my lack of knowdlege. The solution I picked was to take the advice of Doctors, who put me on something called clindamycin. Clindamycin cleared me, but 2 years later, my acne returned because obviously, bacteria become resistant to treatment if you use an antiobiotic ointment everyday. Used Differin, which cleared me but caused me eye problems. Used benzamycin, which cleared me, until one day this summer, I thought about it and realized that drug companies only make money because they bank on people continually being dependent on them.

Look at what I wrote above. EVERY product I used in the past cleared me. The only problem? I would have to be dependent on them.

5. Friends. The friends I know who have/had acne never used anything on thier faces. One of my friends had pimples all over his face and only treated his skin with lemon juice. He's 22 now and his face is clear. My other friend would have one or two pimples on his face everytime I saw him. He's 23 now and has no pimples...he never used any medicine on his face, ever.

And the BIGGEST reason why this makes sense:

Back in the day, my chest would sometimes get pimples, as would my eyebrow area, as would my forehead, nose and my skin above my beard line. In the past 3 years I haven't put any sort of medicine in the above mentioned areas because, well, all my pimples seemed to come from below my beard line. In the 3 years, I've only had MINOR pimples on my foreheads....like 10 pimples in total in my eyebrow area (in 3 years), rare pimples on my chest...and one pimple every 3-4 months in the area above my beard line. Whereas my nose used to be a battlezone when I was 14, I only get pimples there now once in a while.

To conclude:

The only areas where my face is a battlezone are the areas that I shave. Either my problem can be solved by using an electric shave (plus it leaves a nice stubble), or my problem is because I pamper my skin in that area too much. I'm assuming it's both. Not following my Dad's advice of water therapy when I was 14 and had no scars is my biggest regret in this life. Scars heal though (with lemon juice specially lol) so scars I can handle....lumps on my face I cannot.

This thread needs to be stickied.

As a sufferer of acne for a year or so now, after having tried so many "cures" I am ready to try this one last thing. My face is clear and beautiful, but my shoulders have some clearing up to do. The vinegar idea sounds a lot safer than the oxy pads I have been using. Too many chemicals and too much dryness to worry about. I have a trip coming up in February and I would like to have it cleared up before I step off that plane and into the arm's of my other half. Clear skin is what I am aiming for.

I am personally disgusted with the lack of respect that I am seeing on this post. Kinda taints my view of this site (Just a wee bit) What works for one person, might not work for another. But is that any reason to flame a post with ignorant comments? Everybody has different skin. Some are prone to hoards of acne all over their face, back and chest. Some have small spots here and there. But when it comes down to it, it's all the same, it's acne and we don't want to have to live with it any longer.

Everyone has an opinion, we're all entitled to each one, but let's be kind. Somebody was nice enough to share their success and wanted to help others. Let's stop the bashing please. That's NOT what we're here for.

Just a quick question, for those who have had success with this regimen.

I am on my 20th day of doing the water only regimen and have noticed oil production going down significantly. It is to the point where my face is quite dry, but mostly around my mouth area. I have not been using a moisturizer at all as I hope for my face to produce the oils naturally. Am I correct by not moisturizing?

Hi MisterTwo,

I notice that when I wash my face with hard water (i.e. tap water that has lots of mineral deposits, like calcium), my face gets too dry, even itchy. In my condo we have soft water coming out of one shower head, and hard water coming out of the other bathroom. When I shower in the soft water bathroom, my skin is super soft, comfortable, and clean. Never over-dried.

I always showered in the hard water bathroom and for a couple days I tried the other one, and my skin felt so much better. The calcium buildup is visible on the hard water shower head.

I heard getting a shower filter can help. However, you should probably go to someone's house that has soft water and try it out first.

In terms of moisturizing - I find that if I do it too much, my skin becomes dependent on it. But if there are some really rough, dry, itchy parts, I would moisturize to stop the irritation. Just use something gentle and non-comedogenic.

Best of luck!

how would this work for me cuz all i use on my back is hot water and its the worst acne i get on my back. As u said u noticed parts u didnt treat doing better at one point. If thats the case wouldnt my back be good or am i in that 10 percent of real acne sufferers? can anyone explain this?

jaybirdmanpupp,

It could be that the water you're using on your back is too hot. Hot water can irritate and stimulate the skin to produce more oil, especially if you take long showers. How about trying a cooler shower for a few weeks and see how you go?

Also, if when you wash your hair, you rinse it off leaning backwards in the shower (like most people do) allowing the suds to go down your back, then these chemicals could be irritating your back. Not to mention clogging your pores. You could try rinsing out the shampoo by leaning forward, but watch your face!

Just a thought. And remember that depending on how long you've been using chemicals, your skin could take a awhile to get back into balance.

x

Hmmmm....Interesting.

I've been using many types of products. Im gonna give it a shot, and step back from using them.

Also, I have been using many types of whey protein and pre-workout suppliments. I think I'll step back from that as well for a while.