Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, Paul.. people here are going to think I´m crazy. But I´ve found something that helped me. Visualization. Do this 15 minutes before sleep.

Visualize your antibodies going through your body, and attacking acne cells, and destroying them. Then as consequence of that fight, visualize your pimples shrinking on your face.

To make this process more effective, google on "antibodies" and acne cells for you to see how do they look like, this is to make your visualization more real.

This worked for me and a friend of mine. I wouldn´t tell you if didn´t thought this works. I´m not trying to sell anything so you can trust in my genuine intentions at least. :)

BTW, life is wonderful... remove that thoughts from your head.

Im gonna continue sharing my experience. What I tried for 3 days is not touching my face AT ALL. I only let water run on it when showering, I didnt even touch it with my bare hands.

Honestly, my face was looking better ( since I stopped using medications I am 100% acne free but I have red skin around nose and water didnt help in that case). But when I washed my face with water only after those 3 days, I had so much dead skin it was incredible. I could rub my face and get litterally dozens pieces of dead skin. I think I really need to see a dermatologist, this is just too weird. And this is only happening in my "T-zone". My cheeks are ALWAYS perfect. Its ridiculous the difference between those two area in my face.

Amazing it seems like many people have tried this method and worked? Its basic but sounds pretty much effective. I will give it a try since some of my persistent acnes keep returning in same place - plus getting larger every time lol

im sorry if these have already been answered, i read some replies but not all.

1. how long should i be using a transition product (cetaphil or vinegar) before i take the switch to water?

2. how long should it take before i start seeing results?

3. how many times a day should you wash your face with water ?

4. can you use a natural face mask to get rid of oil (only once a week), or do you recommend against it ?

5. can i use the mask i mentioned in question four as a spot treatment as i am using my transition product, or should i just do it alone ?

6. i'm going to see a dermatologist soon, if i am given medicine should i use it ?

This thread sounds utterly silly. Acne is caused by an inherited defect in the pores. The duration to which you have acne is determined by your genes. Doctors themselves have noted this. If you notice that a natural "no acne medicine" approach method works well for you then braid my hair and call me pollyanna! Bravo, and well done! However it simply means your genes decided to stop screwing you over. None of these natural Mr. Miagi groove thangs ever worked for me. "Wax on...Wax off!" I'll take my drugs anyday!

This thread sounds utterly silly. Acne is caused by an inherited defect in the pores. The duration to which you have acne is determined by your genes. Doctors themselves have noted this. If you notice that a natural "no acne medicine" approach method works well for you then braid my hair and call me pollyanna! Bravo, and well done! However it simply means your genes decided to stop screwing you over. None of these natural Mr. Miagi groove thangs ever worked for me. "Wax on...Wax off!" I'll take my drugs anyday!

natural "no acne medicine" treatments do work. haven't you heard of honey masks ? or scrubbing your face with baking soda. or putting vitamin e on your red spots. anything at all ? and if you think chemicals all the way, why are you taking vitamin supplements?

i think this will work. i used to have a completely clear forehead. then i started using acne medicines all around (not just spot treatments) and now i have pimples up there. i don't think that's a coincedence.

dermatologists are a pain in the ass. i have to get the medical center's dermatologist appointment with a referral, which i need to go to an appointment to get. and it could be anywhere up to three months until i see them. so shittty.

Anywayz, i've actually started this treatment before I saw this thread many months ago. I stepped into it not because I thought that not applying medicine would be the answer but because I just didnt see any results and didnt want to waste more money. After seeing this thread, I grew confidence in this treatment and I saw results after a month. I posted earlier in this thread in like august or something and at that point I still grew pimples here and there but it was dieing. Several months later, I have not grown a single pimple and my skin is healing really well.

Now im not saying this will work for everybody but it did work for me. When i was using treatment, my pimples lasted shorter but I kept on growing them back after a week. You can blame coincidence or whatever, i dont care. All I know is that this worked for me and its worth a try unless you have serious pimple problems.

See, I don't believe in this for myself. It runs in my family and they have all taken accutane, but I'm not going to. I break out really bad on my back, but I stopped using all the medications for it and I even change my shirt a few times a day. I don't do anything to it and its only gotten worse. I can only imagine what it would do for my face...oh god! No thank you. I may not enjoy the drugs, but I will continue using them until I grow out of this.

See, I don't believe in this for myself. It runs in my family and they have all taken accutane, but I'm not going to. I break out really bad on my back, but I stopped using all the medications for it and I even change my shirt a few times a day. I don't do anything to it and its only gotten worse. I can only imagine what it would do for my face...oh god! No thank you. I may not enjoy the drugs, but I will continue using them until I grow out of this.

After 2 weeks my face was looking good doing this methos, now over the weekend i got so drunk and ate pizza. Result= Lots of spots :(

I really do think that all of this makes sense (I read almost all 48 pages) and I personally have noticed that my skin gets better when I don't touch it, but maybe it is placebo effect. However, this study I found is kind of disheartening.

A Single-Blinded, Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating the Effect of Face Washing on Acne Vulgaris

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/1...70.2006.00276.x

I really do think that all of this makes sense (I read almost all 48 pages) and I personally have noticed that my skin gets better when I don't touch it, but maybe it is placebo effect. However, this study I found is kind of disheartening.

A Single-Blinded, Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating the Effect of Face Washing on Acne Vulgaris

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/1...70.2006.00276.x

Oh something I previously overlooked...the study was conducted for 2 weeks with two daily face washings and then 6 weeks with the groups...so a total of 8 weeks, and seeing as how in this thread it takes at least several months....

Hello

I just have something to say about this :

THIS TOTALLY WORKS ! :dance:

It's not the food , it's not the hormones , it's just

that BP 10 % that was killing my face

Thanks Jan Carlo

Here is my story:

I had moderate acne and tried everything: BP, Antibiotics, Vit A, Differin,...nothing seemed to work.

Then I started studieng the ingredients on products and let me tell you: I use A LOT of products daily going from: clay cleansers, AHA cleansers, Mois, toner, Hydroquinone, Retinol,...

And my skin is babybutt soft, babysmooth and glowing like it never has.

The problem are not the products, the problem are the people that buy products at random!

I had about 4 REALLY bad big pimples that would never go away. They would get smaller, but days later, go back to normal size. These bad boys NEVER dissappeared. This past August, I bought AcneFree. After about a month, it cleared my acne. Problem was, I was still breaking out.

Fast Forward to now, I slowly stopped useing AcneFree (back in early October).

Now I'm sticking to home remedies, so yes, it should be good to stay away from the all of that bad OTC medications:

-I wash my face with Dove's sensitive soap bar with lukewarm water. I find the cold water dries my face too much and I look like Casper the Ghost. Now my face hardly dries out.

-Then I apply the ACV method.

-Wait 10 minutes, apply Kiss My Face moisturizer with vitamin A&E with aloe vera and a number of other ingredients that I've read helps clear redness and acne.

-Drink 6 glasses of lemon water a day.

So far, it has been about two weeks. My face stays clear for the most part. I'll get a few whiteheads every week, but they stay small. I don't know if it's because of the ACV, lemon water, or the moisturizer. I do know that when I apply the ACV and moisturizer, the pimples will not get bigger. They stay small.

As far as family history, I'm have Turkish/German/English in me. I know it can't be the German side since they have great skin. It's most likely from the my mother, who's Turkish.

But the thing is, none of them had bad acne when they were young. they had a few pimples when then they were 13 or 14 and that was it. My sister has clear skin. It can't be their diet either. I mean, they all eat healthy, but so do I. I cut back on soda and sweets for almost 3 months now. I try to stay away from greasy foods. I do like to eat cereal.

Sometimes I think I got the recessive genes while my sister got the dominant genes. Not to say I'm ugly. I'm a fairly decent looking guy who's thin but a bit muscular and in great shape.

I am giving this a go. I was on the regimen for almost a year, and it did improve my face to a degree, but the redness was crazy. Every blemish that appeared would leave a nice brown spot on my face for months, not to mention the occasional chemical burn from BP. So far for a week and a half, I have not used BP, just wash with Dan's cleaner every morning and night. I've already seen an improvment in the redmarks and overall redness of my face, along with the zits. On the regimen, i would break out in cysts that never quite came to a head. So far, I am breaking out a little bit but they are veyr small and aren't leaving redmarks when they are gone. My face feels so much smoother and natural after going off BP, id say im better off without it for now. I have faith in this and will try it out for a while.

Jan carlo, I dont know if you still read this, but what type of acne did you have before you started this? And how long, if ever, were you on the regimen? This sounds really encouraging

I'm still using BP but I think I'll stop today and try it out. Even though my skin alread feels smoother and natural I want to get of the BP..

I'll only keep moisturizing until my face doesn't feel dry after I washed it.

In my experience of using BP, Glycolic Acid, Sacylic Acid, and a few antibiotic scrubs, BP was by far the worst. I went through a year where I used "on a doctor's recomendation" both SA, GA, and BP twice daily. All three. That was SUCH a poor decision. Messed me up bad.

Well I seem to fall under the categories of my parents never having acne and my older sister not having acne NEARLY as bad as mine, plus I don't get acne anywhere else (no chest or back acne). I am seriously considering doing this regime. Right now I use AcneFree and BP and moisturize with cetaphil. And lately it's really just my scarring that i can't stand. But I think this could work for me.