Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

lol. k, let's get this straight.

even though your body has reacted positively to this, and may be the ultimate cure (technically, prevention) you are not going to use this regimen because...?

I will break out for about 3 month probobly, I was thinking on growing a beard and then using less and less BP then switch to viniger and then water. I dont want to just stop using BP and break out like crazy.

I think what you saying is true and it makes sense to me.

yes, you will break out for about 2-3 months depending on your system, but they won't be massive breakouts - just more than what you used to have. (if you're applying vinegar, then you would only have those small pimples that would look like rash) after that however - at 5 to 6 or more months, then your body would be free from acne, and then you can rejoice and say to yourself that following this regimen was the best decision you've made in your entire life :D

well... I hope you for the best.

but... let me just say something - if you have acne just on your face and no where else (ie: neck, chest, back), and if your family does not carry the gene that makes your skin more prone to acne, and if you've tried all these medication, but they didn't work, then...

just ask yourself - why do I only get acne on my face and nowhere else? and even though my hormones have settled themselves, why in the world do I still get acne?

I also agree with the other guy that like every other disease, acne has to be treated and not left alone.

HOWEVER, in many cases, such as me, and other people (may be including you if you fit the characteristics), we are not as unlucky as those who really DO HAVE the acne disease. We get acne because of the mere fact that we irritate our skin with all these medications, that it gets too sensitive and prone to these stuff.

Many of us just don't see this reality.

I don't know if it is what the acne-treatment industry intended to do so, but if I ever want to become a millionaire someday, I would create a "cure" that would work the same as these medications and commercial products that you all use today - destroy the bacteria (which would provide an illusion that acne is getting cured), but at the same time, do damage on the skin so that the skin will never be able to defend itself, and must rely on these medications in order to limit (and not cure entirely) acne.

well... just a suggestion, and I'm not forcing you to do this, but yes, it is hard to believe that something like this would work.

adios, and have fun.

i have acne in different places on my body, occasionally but still.

all my family had acne in their teen years, not beyond.

i don't know the difference between acne-the desease and plain acne, all i know is i still have it, and although i've tried everything, doing nothing made it worse.

i agree that we irritate our skin with topical treatments, that's why accutane is a great sollution, but if two rounds of it are not enough, i think my body needs some more help to fight acne.

it's individual.

every case is different.

happy for those whom this helps.

...The constant misuse of antibiotics is a leading factor in our growing inability to eradicate disease. The overuse of such wonder drugs promotes the development of progressively more resistant pathogens, which require ever stronger antibiotics to treat. Far more powerful than any of the antibiotics currently being manufactured is the natural prescription of proper diet [I strongly reccomend researching eating for your blood type, -Blackwell], proper rest, and stress reduction.

...Typically, there is a lag between the time you develop an infection and the time your body's immune system responds. It's like dialing 911 emergency number; you know they aren't going to be at your door the second they answer your call. Antibiotics may get to an infection faster, but they hang up the phone on your body's own 911 emergency number--the immune system. Antibiotics basically cut off immune response; your body's responsibility for fighting an infection has been taken over by medication.

In my own practice, I have discovered that a majority of people can eliminate an infection without the use of an antibiotic. Did you know that antibiotics only reduce the level of infection? Your body's immune system is still required to finish the battle. When you allow your body to go to war on its own terms, without antibiotic intervention, it develops not only a memory of specific antibodies to the current infection and any similar to it, but also the ability to fight more effectiveily next time it is challenged or attacked.

....If you need antibiotics, take them. If an infection becomes protracted, you certainly should consider using an antibiotic. I just think the body's immune system should be allowed to be what its been created for--to resist.

...The constant misuse of antibiotics is a leading factor in our growing inability to eradicate disease. The overuse of such wonder drugs promotes the development of progressively more resistant pathogens, which require ever stronger antibiotics to treat. Far more powerful than any of the antibiotics currently being manufactured is the natural prescription of proper diet [I strongly reccomend researching eating for your blood type, -Blackwell], proper rest, and stress reduction.

...Typically, there is a lag between the time you develop an infection and the time your body's immune system responds. It's like dialing 911 emergency number; you know they aren't going to be at your door the second they answer your call. Antibiotics may get to an infection faster, but they hang up the phone on your body's own 911 emergency number--the immune system. Antibiotics basically cut off immune response; your body's responsibility for fighting an infection has been taken over by medication.

In my own practice, I have discovered that a majority of people can eliminate an infection without the use of an antibiotic. Did you know that antibiotics only reduce the level of infection? Your body's immune system is still required to finish the battle. When you allow your body to go to war on its own terms, without antibiotic intervention, it develops not only a memory of specific antibodies to the current infection and any similar to it, but also the ability to fight more effectiveily next time it is challenged or attacked.

....If you need antibiotics, take them. If an infection becomes protracted, you certainly should consider using an antibiotic. I just think the body's immune system should be allowed to be what its been created for--to resist.

Pretty cool summation. As stated if an infection becomes life threatening then antibiotics are needed. Acne is not life threatening. Many people think acne meds clear up acne 100%, they do not, on average it's about 50%. Dan still gets acne, hence he uses AHA for on the spot treatment.

I dont want to be on this regime, but I think he is right. I used to have a beard and I was using BP on my acne and I couldnt aplly bp on my beard, and I never did becasuse my beard covered acne so I didnt worry acne on my beard. I shaved it off yesterday and skin on where my beard used to be is so good its white and acnefree. Now I am think about not shaving for 2 month and just cover my acne with beard and lttting it do whatever, even if I break out it wont be noticable, the only problem is my beared doesnt grow on my entire face.

It may be pseudofolliculitis barbae you have.

http://dermnetnz.org/acne/folliculitis.html

Bingo!

Nice post.

can I add your quote to the first post on this thread?

Hey Jan Carlo,

So whats your current regiman as of right now? Just wash with water in the morning and night and use moisturizer at night?

As of right now...

Morning:

I wash my face for about 5 - 10 seconds with warm to hot water, then wipe with towel, then right after, I moisturize my whole face entirely.

Night:

Same

This is of course, after passing through that whole vinegar phase, baking soda phase, and a couple transition phases which broke me out a lot. Took about 8 months until I reached the phase where my skin can actually resist acne.

I DO break out once in a while, but VERY RARELY, and in MINIMAL NUMBERS (maximum of 2). As a matter of fact, I did have one about 3 days ago (which I believe was caused by me exercising then not cleaning up after). Goodnews is, it's pretty much non-existent now, except for the mini redmark it left.

I agree esp with the diet and exercise point.

I notice that my skin gets a lot better when I'm exercising more and eating healthier. :)

Unfortunately it's still kind of hard to break out of my terrible diet.

hey,

I am just wondering if anyone with moderate to serious acne has had this work for them?

I think its important to state what your acne is like. You may well be mis-leading people - despite your best intentions by not not providing this information.

"My target audience are non-hormonal, and non-genetics related acne sufferers, because the reason they have acne are because the things they do to their skin, which ultimately, destroys its structures and basic physical defenses."

That is not very helpful IMO. Your target audience must be tiny.

People are usually on topicals / anti biotics because of they have an hormone imbalance and/or pre-disposition to acne.

How is anyone to know if their acne is related to hormone imbalance or other factors?

P.s. I am not trying to be a smart ass, I think its great you put the effort in to share your experience.

mr.mike, Ive never had it done myself but I think you can check if its hormones if you go see a doctor that starts with "e"... en..endor... i dont remember what its called.. im sure someone will make me look like a dumbass though

anyway, i think its checked through a blood test? think

my acne was moderate at its worst, and id say right now its sitting at mild-moderate. today is the 'official' start of my lifestyle (i say lifestyle instead of 'regimen' because these are things i want to incorporate for life), which is all-natural and includes much of the advice jan gives

so we shall see how it goes in 2.5 months (:

ok jan, i have a question. the genius doesnt know something.

Ive seen you tell people to stop exfoliating. i exfoliate everyday with the softest of facial brushes, gently. my skin doesnt get irritated or turn red.

now to me the advantages seem good. gentle massage improves circulation; helps to sweep away those dead skin cells clinging on for dear life.

ive been trying to google this 'it catalyzes wrinkles' thing, cause im thinking "..damn. i dont want that" but i didn't find the answers i was looking for. I could see how excessive/harsh exfoliation could have its defects, but as i said my brush is of the softest and i dont go at my skin like theres no tomorrow, just gentle circular motions, i try to barely move my skin.

so what say you? am i setting myself up for some backlash down the road or am i doing something that could have potential consequences the SAFE and CAREFUL way at least?

i also read in a book about staying young and exuberating a youthful appearance, that someones 'secret' was gently exfoliating their face everyday. then another person exfoliated every day, but not their face. and they both maintained a youthful appearance, so its always going to depend on the person really, but id still like to know what you think.

hey,

I am just wondering if anyone with moderate to serious acne has had this work for them?

I think its important to state what your acne is like. You may well be mis-leading people - despite your best intentions by not not providing this information.

"My target audience are non-hormonal, and non-genetics related acne sufferers, because the reason they have acne are because the things they do to their skin, which ultimately, destroys its structures and basic physical defenses."

That is not very helpful IMO. Your target audience must be tiny.

People are usually on topicals / anti biotics because of they have an hormone imbalance and/or pre-disposition to acne.

How is anyone to know if their acne is related to hormone imbalance or other factors?

P.s. I am not trying to be a smart ass, I think its great you put the effort in to share your experience.

...that's why I listed specific characteristics of people who might benefit from this (you'll be able to read it if you continue down the paragraphs)

"If your parents do not have acne right now, or that if they have little or no trace of scarring; if you have acne only on your face, and only in specific areas where you keep putting medications; if acne only exists on a section of your face; if you rarely get neck acne; if you have mild to moderate, but not serious acne on back or chest; if you have no acne growing on pubic area; if you have little or no acne growing on your limbs; if once in your lifetime, you have not been using medications, and as a result, you barely notice that your're clearing up, but when you continued medications, your acne flared up again, and became maybe worse for the first few weeks, then this method will work for you!"

hmm... but you're right, I should make this clearer (wrote this when I was in high school and never revised it so my composition is all over).

However, there are cases where this has worked on some severe cases:

"I'd been suffering s.e.v.e.r.e acne like forever.. it runs in my family. All my brothers suffered the same. I have had my friend staring at my face and actually told me that she would rather kill herself if she had my problem - I was so stressed out and drastically quit all the medications! Cuz they weren't helping either. Well that was over 5 years ago!

Now, i've been doing the vinegar/lemon regimen for almost a month and it helps a lot with complexions and does a real gr8 job preventing breakouts (after a week or 2) as the vinegar/lemon resets skin pH to normal. Now, i only have one small mild acne instead of bad ones..So this works EVEN for those with severe acne problems... Yep, it TAKES TIME, Patience & persistence -Kimpossible

"

mr.mike, Ive never had it done myself but I think you can check if its hormones if you go see a doctor that starts with "e"... en..endor... i dont remember what its called.. im sure someone will make me look like a dumbass though

anyway, i think its checked through a blood test? think

my acne was moderate at its worst, and id say right now its sitting at mild-moderate. today is the 'official' start of my lifestyle (i say lifestyle instead of 'regimen' because these are things i want to incorporate for life), which is all-natural and includes much of the advice jan gives

so we shall see how it goes in 2.5 months (:

ahem... you mean, 3 months :)

ok jan, i have a question. the genius doesnt know something.

Ive seen you tell people to stop exfoliating. i exfoliate everyday with the softest of facial brushes, gently. my skin doesnt get irritated or turn red.

now to me the advantages seem good. gentle massage improves circulation; helps to sweep away those dead skin cells clinging on for dear life.

ive been trying to google this 'it catalyzes wrinkles' thing, cause im thinking "..damn. i dont want that" but i didn't find the answers i was looking for. I could see how excessive/harsh exfoliation could have its defects, but as i said my brush is of the softest and i dont go at my skin like theres no tomorrow, just gentle circular motions, i try to barely move my skin.

so what say you? am i setting myself up for some backlash down the road or am i doing something that could have potential consequences the SAFE and CAREFUL way at least?

i also read in a book about staying young and exuberating a youthful appearance, that someones 'secret' was gently exfoliating their face everyday. then another person exfoliated every day, but not their face. and they both maintained a youthful appearance, so its always going to depend on the person really, but id still like to know what you think.

I HIGHLY recommend not to exfoliate at this time, through any kind of method - physically or chemically, most especially at the early stages of starting a HUGE lifestyle change of following my procedure because your skin will be at its most vulnerable phase. Wait until you've reached the 6th month. Those books are written for people without acne problems, so it's not entirely for us. If you really want to exfoliate, I suggest using AHA products (Alpha Hydroxyl Acid (not sure if that's how it's exactly called), but anyways, they're made up from natural elements (mostly from lemon), and they exfoliate by targetting dead skin cells gently and allowing new healthy cells to appear. In addition, I've read that it also promotes collagen production. I've had really good experience on AHA - my skin became smoother, brighter, softer, and redmarks became less distinguishable. I stopped it because I go out in the sun a lot and I play sports, and that's not good at all in conjunction with the AHA. (You can buy it at any local drugstore (Walgreens, CVS, Sav-on). Well, that's all I can say and really, it's up to you to decide. If it's really benefitting you without slowing down your skin restoration process, then continue using it; otherwise, if it seems to break you out, even in the mildest form, then I really suggest you leave it off until the 5th or 6th month, or until you're clear.

Good luck, and I hope you for the best.

when you say "in the early stages of starting a huge lifestyle change," i assume you mean coming off topicals and medications. Ive been off all acne treatments for almost 5 months and only started gentle exfoliaton a few weeks ago : P nee ner nee ner neee neerrr

i do see what you mean and agree with you about waiting though. gotta give your skin time to heeall maan

I didn't wash my face with anything but water for a week. My skin started to look better and I didnt get any zits and it was no longer oily, but I had lots of what I'm guessing is dead skin that I couldnt get rid of. I tried to lightly massage my face in the shower but that didnt really help. After a week I shaved and I couldn't get the extra hairs off my face with just water. So I washed my face with some aubrey organics sensitive skin face wash I still had left. Now my skin is back to how it was a week ago. Do you ever wash your face with more than water? If so what do you use? I was thinking of getting kissmyface olive oil soap for those occassions when I have too much dead skin built up or my face gets too dirty for just water.

if you're asking me, no I don't use anything else besides water because if I do, my skin would break out mildly (even with the gentlest cleansing bar - Clearasil). I also never massage my face in the shower because if I would, it would break out. Some use some other stuff in conjunction with water, and they don't breakout. It all depends on your skin.

...and just wondering, how can you tell if your face gets too dirty? just an assumption or can you see it physically.

jan, im here to bother you again

you said "(even Clearasil)"

well clearasil is just mild, not all-natural. would an all-natural facial soap once a day be alright? >naattuurrall<

natturaal is goood?

either way im still going to use mine cause i like it but i like to pick your brain P:

...and just wondering, how can you tell if your face gets too dirty? just an assumption or can you see it physically.

I could see buildup of dead skin and lots of little hairs from shaving that wouldnt rinse off with just water. It seems like every cleanser ive used makes my skin worse too.

You can exfoliate with a "aspirin mask", just google it and you will get alot of results. I have been using the ACV method for 4months and its been working great. At start i use ACV 2X (AM/PM), then i use aspirin mask at PM every otherday. BUT i started developing 3 pitted places (1-2mm in size) and it scared me so i stopped using the aspirin mask. Apparently there is something called collagen breakdown if u exfoliate too much. Since i stopped the aspirn mask, 2 pitted places had left, and i only have 1 left. So i suggest u dont put any exfoliating products on scars lol. I might use the aspirin mask every 2wks or monthly depending how my skin feels. But now its great, i have no acne, only some faint red spots cuz i stoppped using the mask. By the way, the pitted scars developed on places where there are NO more redmarks, so yah the aspirn mask is great for red spots, but if u overdo it, u will get a scar 2 lol. So just go slow and dont overkill with aspirin mask.

PS: i think u should exfoliate once or twice just to start with, cuz there are alot of shit u put in ur skin jammed in ur pores from previous products, i think thats why i cleared up basically, cuz i used the mask and it got everything out combine with the PH balance with the ACV. Now i just use ACV at night daily, soon when all redmarks are gone i might not neeed it anymore !!! , btw use moisturizer + sunscreen to mask the ACV, and always moistureize if u use ACV cuz it dries like crazy

Update: I only get 1 pimple a month now. Usually, I would get at least 2 a month.

What did I do to make it from 2 pimple a month to 1 pimple a month?

No cleansers. Not even the gentlest cetaphil one.

ONLY moisturizers. Morning and Evening. (I use Cetaphil Moisturizer)

By the way, It has been a year and a month since I started this.

In addition, I don't know if this has been a factor, but I'm in college, and since I need to save up a lot of money, my lunch is:

- El Pollo Loco $1 BRC Burrito, plus, I take advantage of their Salsa Buffet - 3 mini containers of Medium Salsa, 1 big Chili, 2 slices of lemon, 2 mini containers of their green leafy stuff - all inside the $1 BRC Burrito.

-1 Bottle of water

Dinner would be the same.

Then, I eat a real meal when I come back home.

Seriously though, Salsa is made up of tomatoes, and other organic stuff, and tomatoes have great anti-oxidants such as lycopene. Plus, there's fiber, vitamin C, and etc. Got these information from looking it up from google. The lemon probably helps too. These are good stuff for the skin. I don't recommend you do the same, because you all can do better than my $1 lunch and $1 dinner :D

Good luck.

Wait? I don't understand this? Is this saying that you should stop using medications and stuff. Because I use them and they work but then again I am expecting better results. So, if you just use water and instead of all the treatment it will help? This is like the opposite of the regimen then, right?

Ok I came new to this post and stopped reading it at page 6. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar Dry Skin Formula in the morning and Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser at night. I really think the Pore Refining Cleanser is doing more damage than good at this point (My skin has always been averse to repeated exfoliation ESPECIALLY in the winter)

FIRST LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT MY BACKGROUND

I used this message board A LOT in my younger teen years and used A LOT of products. BP DID WORK FOR ME, but at the same time, I was getting breakouts regardless. I think for a lot of people, what we might be doing is this -> Using harsh cleansers that irritate the skin then applying BP which helps kill bacteria but at the same time, if you're irritating your skin, IT IS GOING TO REACT. At the best, if you're irritating your skin every day, Benzyl Peroxide is only going to mitigate the effects of such irritation. After a while, the whole process of applying BP and the effects it has on skin that's already been irritated does more bad than good. I WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE IDEA THAT GOING OFF MEDITCATION IS RIGHT FOR EVERYONE, but if you know your skin well enough to understand how it reacts to certain conditions then you should know whether this idea is worth trying. I stopped using BP just before Christmas 2005 last year, and to my surprise, I stopped breaking out. I thought "wow I must be growing out of acne" but I think that's only partially true. I think I could have stopped those breakouts sooner if I HAD STOPPED USING BP SOONER. Right now I AM getting acne but I am willing to bet it's because of the cleansers I use and the fact that I'm living in the coldest city I've ever lived in. The fact that I no longer need BP to keep me from breaking out hardcore everyday is enough to get me thinking that perhaps the acne I'm getting now isn't due so much to what I'm not doing, but what I am still doing to my face.

That being said

My question is, as a matter of opinion from people who have tried this, do you think it's safe for me to continue using the soap and then gradually transition to water? I'd really rather not go out and buy Apple Cider Vinegar, because I break out in random spots around my face and like you said, you should only apply it to areas affected by acne. I don't consider the soap harsh, although in winter, and despite it being formulated for dry skin, it still dries me out a bit, so I use cetaphil moisturizer.

I would just like to say something to those bashing this guy:

You accuse him of having no research founded on scientific principles. Take a look at every miracle product that has ever come out on the market that's backed by studies, scientific research, etc etc. They only remain miracle products, they only produce that boom effect in the market FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME before people find out that it is just another temporary fix. ProActiv is a perfect example. I don't think I know a single person who has really suffered from acne bad enough to use the stuff that has stayed happy with it for more than a few months. It's time to start considering alternative, radical ideas. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think companies are above selling you shit that helps you in the shorterm but actually makes your problems worse under the guise of a total remedy (I exclude Dan completely from this). Think of what a lucrative cycle that is!

One thing about diet. I'm not sure if anyone can nail down specific foods that cause you to break out. What I can say is this. When you overeat, you get tired. This tiredness is different from regular tiredness however - it has a confused, agitated, bloated feel to it that is extremely stressful on your body. I don't know what causes it, but I would bet a lot of it has to do with your body working hard to process all the shit you've just filled it with. If you eat conscientiously, if you eat JUST to be satisfied and full, I don't think your diet will have a huge impact on your face. I cannot see a handful of chips being a problem. I can see a whole bag of chips being a problem - that shit is bad for you and too much of it just makes matters 1000 times worse.

Keep your stress down! Be aware of your feelings, your thoughts, don't reject your experience, just be aware of immediately what is happening and don't ask more of it. This is going a little outside of the realm of acne help now, but, think of how much stress this board alone causes people. As long as you keep attributing your sense of well being to ANYTHING external to your immediate awareness, you're never going to be completely happy. LIVE IN THE PRESENT, have faith that through awareness alone, simply through accepting your experience, your mind can conquer even that feeling you get when you look in the mirror after a really bad breakout. :cry:

Ok I came new to this post and stopped reading it at page 6. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar Dry Skin Formula in the morning and Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser at night. I really think the Pore Refining Cleanser is doing more damage than good at this point (My skin has always been averse to repeated exfoliation ESPECIALLY in the winter)

FIRST LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT MY BACKGROUND

I used this message board A LOT in my younger teen years and used A LOT of products. BP DID WORK FOR ME, but at the same time, I was getting breakouts regardless. I think for a lot of people, what we might be doing is this -> Using harsh cleansers that irritate the skin then applying BP which helps kill bacteria but at the same time, if you're irritating your skin, IT IS GOING TO REACT. At the best, if you're irritating your skin every day, Benzyl Peroxide is only going to mitigate the effects of such irritation. After a while, the whole process of applying BP and the effects it has on skin that's already been irritated does more bad than good. I WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE IDEA THAT GOING OFF MEDITCATION IS RIGHT FOR EVERYONE, but if you know your skin well enough to understand how it reacts to certain conditions then you should know whether this idea is worth trying. I stopped using BP just before Christmas 2005 last year, and to my surprise, I stopped breaking out. I thought "wow I must be growing out of acne" but I think that's only partially true. I think I could have stopped those breakouts sooner if I HAD STOPPED USING BP SOONER. Right now I AM getting acne but I am willing to bet it's because of the cleansers I use and the fact that I'm living in the coldest city I've ever lived in. The fact that I no longer need BP to keep me from breaking out hardcore everyday is enough to get me thinking that perhaps the acne I'm getting now isn't due so much to what I'm not doing, but what I am still doing to my face.

That being said

My question is, as a matter of opinion from people who have tried this, do you think it's safe for me to continue using the soap and then gradually transition to water? I'd really rather not go out and buy Apple Cider Vinegar, because I break out in random spots around my face and like you said, you should only apply it to areas affected by acne. I don't consider the soap harsh, although in winter, and despite it being formulated for dry skin, it still dries me out a bit, so I use cetaphil moisturizer.

I would just like to say something to those bashing this guy:

You accuse him of having no research founded on scientific principles. Take a look at every miracle product that has ever come out on the market that's backed by studies, scientific research, etc etc. They only remain miracle products, they only produce that boom effect in the market FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME before people find out that it is just another temporary fix. ProActiv is a perfect example. I don't think I know a single person who has really suffered from acne bad enough to use the stuff that has stayed happy with it for more than a few months. It's time to start considering alternative, radical ideas. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I don't think companies are above selling you shit that helps you in the shorterm but actually makes your problems worse under the guise of a total remedy (I exclude Dan completely from this). Think of what a lucrative cycle that is!

One thing about diet. I'm not sure if anyone can nail down specific foods that cause you to break out. What I can say is this. When you overeat, you get tired. This tiredness is different from regular tiredness however - it has a confused, agitated, bloated feel to it that is extremely stressful on your body. I don't know what causes it, but I would bet a lot of it has to do with your body working hard to process all the shit you've just filled it with. If you eat conscientiously, if you eat JUST to be satisfied and full, I don't think your diet will have a huge impact on your face. I cannot see a handful of chips being a problem. I can see a whole bag of chips being a problem - that shit is bad for you and too much of it just makes matters 1000 times worse.

Keep your stress down! Be aware of your feelings, your thoughts, don't reject your experience, just be aware of immediately what is happening and don't ask more of it. This is going a little outside of the realm of acne help now, but, think of how much stress this board alone causes people. As long as you keep attributing your sense of well being to ANYTHING external to your immediate awareness, you're never going to be completely happy. LIVE IN THE PRESENT, have faith that through awareness alone, simply through accepting your experience, your mind can conquer even that feeling you get when you look in the mirror after a really bad breakout. :cry:

This right here... is the ultimate post. Every sentence is worth reading twice.

Thanks for the support too.

It is true. We all must keep our stresses down. Even though this may or may not contribute to acne, our overall health is in many ways affected. Stress can seriously stunt growth for those attending puberty, contribute to obesity, imbalance hormones, and etc. I have taken classes on different levels of Psychology, Sociology, Nutrition, and learned that constant stress is nothing but bad in our body. There's a long explanation to this, in which can be proved Sociologically, Psychologically, and Biologically, but if I was to write them down, I'd lose motivation after the 10th paragraph.

I don't want to steal attention from the great post I quoted, but I posted something in the Emotional Forum before. It goes like this:

"Believing is seeing"

That's about it. Read between those words, and you'll understand.

Almost every single thread in here reminds one who has acne that he or she has acne and that he or she cannot live a normal life.

*this statement might introduce flames, but just read on. This is my opinion, and majority of you might get offended by it, but reply maturely*

Life is not about your physical look, but your mental and emotional outlook too. Physical looks aren't important, but rather, just a small part of your being. Everything else is about how you perceive yourself. If you think you're ugly, then you're definitely ugly.

Why do a lot of people have eating disorders? Because they think that they're fat, which makes them ugly, and the only way to not become ugly is to not be "fat." Thing is, even though they're as thin as a pencil, they'd still think that they're ugly. They are being disillusioned by their BELIEF!

That is why, "believing is seeing!"

Also, if you hang around sad, and depressed people, you yourself will be depress too. That's is the same as this website.

For a month or two, take yourself away from this website and mirrors, and you'll be happier and wouldn't care about your skin condition and won't think that you're ugly.

The more you think about your acne and how it makes you ugly, the more ugly you become. You would then act as if you're ugly, and outcast, and not worthy, even though you're not.

I know the emotional forum helps people cope with their feelings, but like a vicious circle, it reminds them of who they are and what they think about themselves. The only thing they need to know is that they are not alone and that looks aren't important.

First impression... it lasts, for until you say your first words. Then, by your attitude, confidence, and tone, you can be anything you want - you can be the hot and sexy, suave guy! HOWEVER, if you think you're ugly, then even your voice, tone, and confidence will even more express that you're UGLY! You'll then lose your chance and ability to express the real you!

This is an article that will help you a lot. Read it fully, absorb it, but more importantly, LIVE IT!

It's kinda a *for males* only article, but for females, change the "woman" to "men," and etc....

** Choose To Be Happy **

There are several factors that are involved in attracting and dating women such as factors that have to do with the mental game that takes place.

What I want to focus on deals with your mental state and the area of being happy. This is one area that is often neglected in relation to dating, but it is so important.

We need to enjoy our lives right now. Women are attracted to men who are happy and enjoy their lives. They want to be around men who are positive and fun to be around.

Some of you might say, "I can't be happy. I have too many problems in my life."

We have to understand that everything does not have to be perfect in our lives for us to be happy. Happiness is not just going to fall down upon you -- it is a choice that we have to make. Don't let your circumstances dictate your happiness. Be happy despite your circumstances.

You may have a good reason to be unhappy or upset, but being negative and sour isn't going to make anything better. Your sour attitude will keep you right where you are.

We shouldn't go around all happy and excited when we don't have problems and all defeated and depressed when we do have problems. Realize that when you go around happy all the time and with a good attitude, people will be drawn to you and want to be around you.

Quit worrying if you haven't met the right person yet. Life is flying by so don't waste another minute worrying. You have to make the most of this moment right now by choosing to enjoy every day of your life. Live one day at a time, because life is too short not to enjoy every single day.

Don't fall into the trap of waiting for some event to come along to make you happy.

So many guys are not happy today because they are waiting until they find a girlfriend to be happy. They say that once they get married, then they'll be happy. The fact is that if you're not happy before you find someone, you're not going to be happy once you find someone. Someone else cannot ultimately make and keep you happy.

Rather than looking at what is wrong in your life, start being thankful for what's right in your life. Be happy at all times and quit having a pity party and complaining. This doesn't mean that you don't want things to get better; it means that you don't get frustrated when things don't go your way. Don't let things get the best of you.

Live for today. You'll never get this day back, so decide that this is the day to be happy. Be happy no matter what comes against you. Change your attitude.

I've made up my mind that I'm going to live my life happy and to the fullest. If you choose to do the same and apply the great tips in this newsletter, you'll experience success in dating and in your relationships.

Mark Cockerell

Again,

"BELIEVING IS SEEING"

Hopefully, that shed some light to all of you, and give you the strength while waiting for until your skin becomes clear after you have faithfully elimated all medications.

I did not have these support when I was going through mine, except myself, my beliefs, my hopes, and my faith.

Good luck to you all.

In the meantime, I will celebrate for a while for me finally having my longed clear skin :D

Adios.