Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
name1237895

trying to get rid of acne....again

alright so I'm a 15 year old guy. i dont remember when acne started but ive had it for awhile, but just mild until now.

last summer break, which was about 5 months ago, i was using a variation of blotchlas regimin (bp wash + sa wash + moisturizer in the morning, sa wash + bp cream + moisturizer at night). it didn't really do much to my acne (when i look back i had very mild acne, although i didnt think so back then). eventually, i stopped using this regimin because it didnt seem like it was doing much (seems like it cleared it a little, but when i did get spots, they were more noticable and red...maybe because i rubbed bp into every pimple and that irritated them?)

to tell you the truth, i didnt care enough about my acne to waste the half an hour it took to go through all the steps, so i eventually quit after maybe a month of that. i figured id just wash my face in the shower everyday with plain water and just let me grow out of the acne.

now, a few months later, ive started to break out even more. i used to never break out on my cheeks....but now ive started too. it is pretty much all over my face....they are not big defined bumps, but rather small bumps all over my face that makes it very uneven...its the first time that ive actually really been concerned about my acne as i think its beginning to get worse then mild.....

could using the bp wash on my cheecks, even though i didnt have acne there, actually cause me to start breaking out there? also, i dont really know what to try to get rid of my acne. ive been kind of weary of using anything because of my past experiences (thinking the bp wash on my cheeks actually caused me to break out, and hearing various other stories).......should i get a dermatologist appointment? ive heard bas stuff about those....would that even help at all? im thinking of trying pro activ....has anyone used that before? im afraid it will be too harsh or make me smell funny with all those special ingredients:wacko:

anyways....this is too long....ill stop now.....there really was no point to this post but ive been thinking about my acne alot lately and just needed to talk about it

any answers would be appreciated

-eric

im thinking of trying pro activ....has anyone used that before? im afraid it will be too harsh or make me smell funny with all those special ingredients:wacko:

Dont bother with proactiv, the main ingredient in the proactiv system is the BP cream which is okay but a tiny bottle that smells and doesnt go on as nicely as dan's BP gel. Im 19 and feel like i went through the same thing you had and my only advice can be to go back onto dan's regimen. Its the only thing that has been able to help me (im still not totally clear though). Start slowly, but use as much as you can without getting too dry of skin (remember moisturize). it might seem like a pain in the ass and there will be days where you want to break down and not go through the time and effort, but stick with it, dont pick at your face and im sure itll work out...

thanks for the reply! i think i might not get proctiv...i did a search on the stuff and i noticed alot of complaints

ive never tried dans bp gel before, so i probably will try that.....anyone know how long it takes to get it fromt he time you order it? also, what moisturizers should i use? is there anything else i need besides the moisturizer and bp gel? sa wash?

also....once you start using a regimin like this can you ever stop? thats kind of a reason why i stopped trying to fix my acne a few months ago....i didnt wanna become hooked on a regimin and dependant on it....i wanted to grow out of it

if you are going to grow out of it eventually, would using dans regimin make it so you wont grow out of it and you have to keep on using the regimin forever? that would suck!!!

and FINALLY: any snowboarders here? would being out in the cold with snow hitting your face and with a beanie over your forehead mess with the regimin and bp/moisturizer?

thanks for the reply!  i think i might not get proctiv...i did a search on the stuff and i noticed alot of complaints

ive never tried dans bp gel before, so i probably will try that.....anyone know how long it takes to get it fromt he time you order it?  also, what moisturizers should i use? is there anything else i need besides the moisturizer and bp gel? sa wash?

also....once you start using a regimin like this can you ever stop?  thats kind of a reason why i stopped trying to fix my acne a few months ago....i didnt wanna become hooked on a regimin and dependant on it....i wanted to grow out of it

if you are going to grow out of it eventually, would using dans regimin make it so you wont grow out of it and you have to keep on using the regimin forever? that would suck!!!

and FINALLY: any snowboarders here?  would being out in the cold with snow hitting your face and with a beanie over your forehead mess with the regimin and bp/moisturizer?

go through the product/treatment ratings link on the website to find out which moisturizer should be best for you. i prefer the eucerin skin renewal with alpha hydroxy at night but then olay complete during the day because it isnt as greasy, but the eucerin def does a better job at keeping your skin hydrated.

make sure you read through the regimen steps and know exactly what it entails before you start making a practice of it.

the regimen only helps kill the bacteria that helps form acne. if you continue the regimen it can only do good for your skin (as long as you moisturize and follow correctly). you will only have to use it as long as your face/body is succeptable to forming acne, so i guess once a year or once ever 6months you should try getting off it for a little to see if you can survive without.

I used to try all these different cleansers and moisturizers and stuff that claim to kill acne with BP and SA. I even tried Tea tree oil which completely destroyed my face. I suggest you do something I wish I did 4 years ago, just use a gentle cleanser and moisturize morning and nite. See if it works, sometimes doing less is better.