Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Zitro

picking as a nervous habit (no mirror involved)

Guest Zitro

This week has been horrible, cramming all the time for the big tests, and was very stressed about it.

because of stress, my acne flared up terribly bad with new zits and one BIG RED cyst that could leave a scar (thanks god I have a facial this weekend)

But my other problem was picking at my skin below my chin, I had 2 cysts down there that were healing and I, without thinking about it, was picking down there during the tests as a nervous habit. Now they are bigger, redder, and will probably leave scars if not treated soon (again, I'm lucky to get an appointment for a facial)

I look hideous and I will skip school tomorrow (which is not important because it's only for making up the tests) but I think it is the first time I will skin because of aacne ... that's not good sad.gif

But there is a bright side in everything, I got 4 As, and the other two I don't know but are probably As or Bs.

I gotta be stronger than this, but I don't want to be seen by the people I know as I look today, next week after the facial I'll go back to my life.

Anyone had picking as a nervous habit once?

Well i don't pick in public, but i do pop if it really needs to be done. *sigh* And yes I have skipped school because of acne. (and I'm in college!) It sucks! But congrates on the grades. keep it up! smile.gif

dude noway should you pick in public.

I know its hard or sometime you don't even think about it, but try not to kay?

Byz

p.s those are good grades, be proud!

Guest Zitro

Thankfully, the area that I picked is healing surprisingly fast, and my cysts are healing, and I don't feel pain from them anymore, but I learned my lesson.

Picking in public should be terribly embarrasing, I am lucky that all eyes were staring at that scantron (test sheet).

On the other hand, my big cyst in my chin is bigger (1cm wide) (i didn't even touch it nor put BP in it!) and I'm doubtful that I would go out this weekend. I don't want friends to see a flashback of my bad days. and I got a new cyst besides it that could be as bad as this one. I don't know what is happening to my skin.

Thanks for the replies :-), and yes, those are surely good grades and I'm proud of them! I'm gonna wait for the facial, and get my social life back next week.